Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:56 am Gadjovich, Palmu and Limd have really lit it up in Utica
Book written??Final Draft? When do we get our signed copies?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:16 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:56 am Gadjovich, Palmu and Limd have really lit it up in Utica
Book written??Final Draft? When do we get our signed copies?
I just commented they’ve been a little slow out of the gate. You told us several times that they were the steals of the draft and amazing prospects one and all. Apparently Gadjovich has been extremely timid which is a bit of a red flag considering his foot speed
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:00 am Have they? I cant tell whats sarcasm after that double bowl i recently finished
It’s a very accurate assessment since pretty much all of the players drafted in and around Lind (except Hague?) and Gadjovich haven’t turned pro yet and are still breast feeding in junior, Europe or college.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:22 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:00 am Have they? I cant tell whats sarcasm after that double bowl i recently finished
It’s a very accurate assessment since pretty much all of the players drafted in and around Lind (except Hague?) and Gadjovich haven’t turned pro yet and are still breast feeding in junior, Europe or college.
But you told us that these guys were going to tear the AHL a new one this year
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:27 am
A transitioning period into manland - AHL from teenland - junior can be expected for some, no?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:31 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:27 am
A transitioning period into manland - AHL from teenland - junior can be expected for some, no?
I thought at least one of these elite prospects would be lighting up the AHL. YOU told us they were among the best prospects in the league :?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Shitty. I had high hopes for Lind and maybe gladovich.

Is there issues or just suckage...
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:45 am Shitty. I had high hopes for Lind and maybe gladovich.

I’m assuming one of those three guys eventually gets it going this season in the AHL. You’d hope so. Thing is they have no centres to play with down there so that’s gotta be difficult. Gaudette should be in Utica and hopefully will be soon. I see an NHL player in Gaudette at some pint by he needs another year. He’s too slow right now. Gadjovich is a surprise to me in that he has apparently been very timid. We were sold this bill of goods that he was this bull in a china shop power forward that nobody fucked with.
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:45 am Shitty. I had high hopes for Lind and maybe gladovich.

It’s called “developing” kind of like raising children
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Drafting is such a crapshoot.

Irons in the fire nooom sayin...

Benning has been the best drafting canucks gm i have ever seen so its hard to criticize a couple of 2nds a year after drafting them. Maybe one of them will rise from the ashes
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

So i never got to see the past 2 games and am wondering how our kids did. Specifically interested in the development and improvement of Jake, Petersen, gaudette and maybe if Hutton and puliot are looking good still.

Before i burn up a couple hours + to watch the archived games on losses...anything worth seeing?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Option A

Virtanen
Boeser
Juolevi
Petterson
Hughes

Option B

Ritchie (whom Blob wanted)
Konecny (whom Blob wanted)
Tkachuk (whom Blob wanted)
Glass (whom Blob wanted)
Bouchard (whom Blob wanted)
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:34 pm Option A

Virtanen
Boeser
Juolevi
Petterson
Hughes

Option B

Ritchie (whom Blob wanted)
Konecny (whom Blob wanted)
Tkachuk (whom Blob wanted)
Glass (whom Blob wanted)
Bouchard (whom Blob wanted)
Swap out Bouchard for Dobson and add in a half dozen 2nd and 3rd rounders between 2014-2017 that were inexplicably pissed away for junk. You basically threw every draft eligible player in there in 2015 and 2017 so don’t act as though you were a huge fan of Petterson or Boeser. You called Petterson a toothpick like Brad Ferrence and changed your mind a couple hundred times on each draft.

Lmao
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Gadjovich is still really having problems with skating ability. Unless he goes a different, and no doubt expensive, route for skating
help in the off-season, there isn't going to be an NHL career for him.
"evolution"
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Gadjovich's biggest issue since being drafted has been his health. He missed significant time last season due to injury, and has been in and out of the lineup this year as well. His skillset is as a half-court player, in front of the net and being physical presence. He's not a run and gun guy. While his skating does need improving, what he really needs is to stay healthy and learn the pro game.