Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Mickey107 »

ESQ wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:01 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:50 pm
I thought you’d be gowed up at the Legion pounding on a table for the waitress to refill your pitcher of draft and deciding on chicken tenders or the double burger for lunch.
Waitress?

At the Legion?

You must really be a regular to get that kind of service!
Mom ?
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

You guys are burying a perfectly good torching of the Dude
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The dudes too busy applying Ban antiperspirant to the backs of his shoulders and temples right now. The room temp day sweats really struck a nerve :lol:
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The legion at 3rd and Lonsdale in N. Van is brilliant. The diviest legion outside the downtown east side, they installed a glassed in enclosure for smokers to deal with the new smoking ban. I used to get dragged there by an old school half native carpenter I worked with named Bill, tough as nails and schizo when hungover, you had to be carful around him on those days. For some reason he liked me, took me under his wing when I started out in the biz, that Legion was his hang, he was a legend in there, some of it built from his talent from the fine art fighting. When Bill said, you’re coming to the legion with me on Fridays it was like I had no choice but to follow suit, Bill loved telling me stories, mostly around fighting, one in particular of him swilling it up at the Funky Winker Beans after work while on a downtown job, while exiting Funkies half cut with lunch bucket in hand some tough guy picking fights outside Funkies got in Bill’s face and Bills first reaction was to roundhouse him with his lunchbox smacking him square on the side of the head knocking him flat out, I remember Bill saying how amused he was that he still had the handle of his lunch box in his hand after the box separated itself from its handle. Bill was a right proper nutter when drunk but a good man sober. I am curious what he is up to now if still kicking, he sure loved that legion
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:07 am The legion at 3rd and Lonsdale in N. Van is brilliant. The diviest legion outside the downtown east side, they installed a glassed in enclosure for smokers to deal with the new smoking ban. I used to get dragged there by an old school half native carpenter I worked with named Bill, tough as nails and schizo when hungover, you had to be carful around him on those days. For some reason he liked me, took me under his wing when I started out in the biz, that Legion was his hang, he was a legend in there, some of it built from his talent from the fine art fighting. When Bill said, you’re coming to the legion with me on Fridays it was like I had no choice but to follow suit, Bill loved telling me stories, mostly around fighting, one in particular of him swilling it up at the Funky Winker Beans after work while on a downtown job, while exiting Funkies half cut with lunch bucket in hand some tough guy picking fights outside Funkies got in Bill’s face and Bills first reaction was to roundhouse him with his lunchbox smacking him square on the side of the head knocking him flat out, I remember Bill saying how amused he was that he still had the handle of his lunch box in his hand after the box separated itself from its handle. Bill was a right proper nutter when drunk but a good man sober. I am curious what he is up to now if still kicking, he sure loved that legion
He's probably dead never the less but what kind of element are u hanging around with out there these days what the hell happened to u Pacific Blue living Vicariously through lower middle class folks who reside in EAST VAN
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

olpaddy wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:01 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:07 am The legion at 3rd and Lonsdale in N. Van is brilliant. The diviest legion outside the downtown east side, they installed a glassed in enclosure for smokers to deal with the new smoking ban. I used to get dragged there by an old school half native carpenter I worked with named Bill, tough as nails and schizo when hungover, you had to be carful around him on those days. For some reason he liked me, took me under his wing when I started out in the biz, that Legion was his hang, he was a legend in there, some of it built from his talent from the fine art fighting. When Bill said, you’re coming to the legion with me on Fridays it was like I had no choice but to follow suit, Bill loved telling me stories, mostly around fighting, one in particular of him swilling it up at the Funky Winker Beans after work while on a downtown job, while exiting Funkies half cut with lunch bucket in hand some tough guy picking fights outside Funkies got in Bill’s face and Bills first reaction was to roundhouse him with his lunchbox smacking him square on the side of the head knocking him flat out, I remember Bill saying how amused he was that he still had the handle of his lunch box in his hand after the box separated itself from its handle. Bill was a right proper nutter when drunk but a good man sober. I am curious what he is up to now if still kicking, he sure loved that legion
He's probably dead never the less but what kind of element are u hanging around with out there these days what the hell happened to u Pacific Blue living Vicariously through lower middle class folks who reside in EAST VAN
Bill was actually a very good carpenter who happened to like his beers at the legion, lots of beers in fact, Blobbee levels. I don’t have much legion experience, ole paddy, much to Blobbees chagrin, my legion experience came through ole Bill dragging me there. Regarding Bill I met him while working for a builder in west van building nice homes when returning back to the home building industry after taking a short spin into a new career path that didn’t quite pan out.

I like a nutter who can spin a good yarn, ole paddy. I grew up around nutters.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:26 pm
olpaddy wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:01 pm
Bill was actually a very good carpenter who happened to like his beers at the legion, lots of beers in fact, Blobbee levels. I don’t have much legion experience, ole paddy, much to Blobbees chagrin, my legion experience came through ole Bill dragging me there. Regarding Bill I met him while working for a builder in west van building nice homes when returning back to the home building industry after taking a short spin into a new career path that didn’t quite pan out.

I like a nutter who can spin a good yarn, ole paddy. I grew up around nutters.
Let me tell ya somthin Pacific Blue the next time u get time off get on plane come this way spend a couple days and u will NEVER want to go back u r living in the Past I was back in town a couple of weeks back its not the same My daughters boyfriend lives in Burnaby he is a piece of work and so was hanging out & going out for dinner in Burnaby thank god the rental car didn't get stolen... Not my BC anymore not even close...
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The future Hansen - Lockwood with a 4 point night!
Chris Peters:

Four-assist game for Will Lockwood (VAN) as Michigan tops Penn State 6-4. Lockwood up to 11 points in 10 GP after missing most of last year. Goal from Josh Norris (OTT) as he extended his team lead to 14 points.

Quinn Hughes (VAN) added an assist and has 10 points through 10 GP.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Lockwood is going to be a great energy player with grit, speed and skill for us for many years to come! Great drafting by Jimbro with the 3rd round pick acquired in the Sutter acquisition
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:50 pm I thought you’d be gowed up at the Legion pounding on a table for the waitress to refill your pitcher of draft and deciding on chicken tenders or the double burger for lunch. Salad or fries? Your wife is giving you the stink eye and wonders why you’ve gone to the bathroom four times in the last hour. The sniffling and snorting along with the white residue around your nostrils speak of a long night and a lot of boozing in the hours ahead. As you approach your mid 50s you are oblivious to how bulbous and veiny your Abe Vigoda snout has become. The skullett under the touque looks greasy and matted. Another call to Sketchy Pete to reload and obviously another trip to the beer store is in your future. Mix in some food my friend as it makes the trip down somewhat easier.

Try to stop pounding sweat at room temperature in November
:lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Lockwood is killing it right now, another great game last night! In fact great nights for Hughes, Woo and DiPietro as well! Who is this Jim Benning fella?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Gadjovich, Palmu and Limd have really lit it up in Utica
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Have they? I cant tell whats sarcasm after that double bowl i recently finished
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Just Bubbles still being angry over not drafting Tkachuk, Glass, Ritchie and Konecny
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:00 am Have they? I cant tell whats sarcasm after that double bowl i recently finished
No they haven’t. They’ve combined for four points among the three of them.