Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by 5thhorseman »

Shotgun on a line with Horvat in morning skate.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Lines at practice in Detroit for the #Canucks:
Schaller-Horvat-Virtanen
Roussel-Granlund-Eriksson
Goldobin-Pettersson-Leipsic
Motte-Gaudette-Archibald

Hutton-Gudbranson
Del Zotto-Stecher
Pouliot-Tanev
Biega-Chatfield
10:07 AM - Nov 5, 2018 · Detroit, MI

Not too smart, IMO!! I would do;

Goldobin-Horvat-Virtanen
Roussel-Pettersson/Gaudette-----2 centers, who cares!
Schaller-Granlund-Eriksson
Motte-Archibald-Leipsic-----no pure center, who cares!

That would also be my order 1,2,3,4.

That D mess, who cares! Although I thought Pouliot and Stecher were finally working better but Green has publicly said he wants Stecher
playing more PK and blocking more shots. W/E.
Even with Tanev back, I would have Pouliot and Stecher on the #1 PP unit.
Watch :mrgreen: throw 24 minutes on Chris.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I think Gaudette is just about to break out, not to mention he can go all night long.
With Brock out, his energy and skills could really come to the forefront with EP.
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

5thhorseman wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:37 am Shotgun on a line with Horvat in morning skate.
About time.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Canucks announce they have reached a consulting agreement with Joel Quenneville. The former championship coach will provide the club with advice regarding player skills evaluation and development plus strategies.

jk that's what the LA Kings did with Adam Oates. :mrgreen:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:39 pm Canucks announce they have reached a consulting agreement with Joel Quenneville. The former championship coach will provide the club with advice regarding player skills evaluation and development plus strategies.

jk that's what the LA Kings did with Adam Oates. :mrgreen:
Wow. Great news. Green should be watching his back.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... -toughness

Desjardins is a veteran (player) type coach and he respects them a lot and with the veterans they have like (Anze) Kopitar and (Jeff) Carter and (Dustin) Brown and (Drew) Doughty, he’s going to be a real good fit there,” predicted Horvat.

:look:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Was Horvat dancing around and licking his lips when he said that?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:58 am Was Horvat dancing around and licking his lips when he said that?
Maybe he was in an Uber.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:52 am https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... -toughness

Desjardins is a veteran (player) type coach and he respects them a lot and with the veterans they have like (Anze) Kopitar and (Jeff) Carter and (Dustin) Brown and (Drew) Doughty, he’s going to be a real good fit there,” predicted Horvat.

:look:
WOW.

"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

https://www.sportsnet.ca/650/

Sportsnet 650am, Official Home of the Va...blah, blah
Interview today with Jim Benning
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

If you don't feel like listening, here's a bit.

Quotes:
On Elias Pettersson:

"It seems like every game Pettersson pulls something out of his bag of tricks. He does something a little different and special every game, been a lot fun so far."
"Pettersson is the type of kid that comes in and feels personally responsible for the way he plays shift-shift, game-game. He wants to be the difference in us winning games. He has a lot of confidence in himself and that has rubbed off on other players & whole team."

On trying to make additions:

"Maybe a right shot PP defenseman. I like our PP but if we have a PP guy with a big shot and can walk the line - that would be the 1 piece right now that we're missing."

On goaltenders:

"I think Ian Clark has done an excellent job this year with both goalies. Both have played really good games for us and given us a chance to win. Thatcher is back practicing, his timetable could have him playing next week - we're not looking for a starting goalie."

On Edler's future:

"That's a long ways off, we've played 16 games. We've got off to a good start and we work hard every night. We may come up short some days but we haven't been out-worked. We're going through the process... we will see at the deadline and act accordingly."

On Tanev's future:

"Tanev is 1 of our leaders in the room. The way the game is played now, his mobility and his ability to get back and get the puck to our forwards is important. That's the way the game is played now - he's an important guy to us and good to our young kids... Right now, I'm not looking to do anything with him."

On Boeser's groin:

"Our medical staff is excellent - we've had the injury imaged and results were negative. With this particular injury its more about pain management and discomfort. We're not going to let any of players come back unless they're 100%."

On Boeser's contract:

"I've been in conversations with Brock's agent over the summer and we both agreed that we'll wait till the end of the year to resume talks on his contract."

On Gagner:

"Talked to his agent and Sam last week. Sam is still in our plans, if we need that type of player, we would call him up."

On Goldobin:

"He's a player that has the puck on his stick, he's really good. He makes great passes and he and Pettersson seem to have really good chemistry. He's played well and we're hoping he can keep developing as a player."

On Tryamkin:

"We haven't closed that door. I'm in constant communication with his agents in North America & Russia to keep tabs on him. We're hoping at some point he decides he's going to come back. For a guy his size he's a good skater & can play in today's style of game."
"evolution"
Skintag Necklace
CC Rookie

Post by Skintag Necklace »

Thanks for the break down Little Dicky
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:51 am Okay, I’m just going to put this out there. Is anyone else suspecting there is a plot by some covert Swedish organization that assembled a bunch of brilliant but ethically suspect Swedes to somehow master control of Enigma Force to create a tetragametic chimerism of the Sedins. As we all know Enigma Force has been repeatedly used to create different versions of Captain Universe. Doesn’t the nickname “Alien” and “Captain Universe” have a strikingly similar connotation? Pettersson obviously has Sedinery in his blood. He shoots like a young Daniel and passes like a young Hank. Is this just a coincidence?
Right now, he looks more skilled than Dank + Hank. He got "alien" DNA from the Great One, he the Swedish Gretzky. :P
Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:35 pm He was drafted as a "messier-like" leader. Now that we've got a gretzky-like top center and a coffey-like dman coming down the pipe...
JB is following the Oilers dynasty blueprint to build a contender. :D

Pettersson: Wayne Gretzky
BoHo: Mark Messier
Q. Hughes: Paul Coffey

Brockstar: Jari Kurri
Shot-gun Jake: Geoff Courtnall
Golden One/Baercheese: Glenn Anderson
Grandlund: Esa Tikkanen
Sutter: Craig McT
Dahlen: Craig Simpson
Tyler Madden: Ken Linesman

Olaf: Kevin Lowe