Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:21 am SKYO still trading our only 2 legitimate NHL Defenceman - Tanev and Edler?

Trust me, SKYO. Those two aren’t going anywhere
If Edler and Tanev are the teams only legitimate NHL d men, what does that make the other five d men on the roster? Is “fringe” a good description?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Edler/tanev are top 3 caliber the rest are 5/6/replacement level
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Benjo wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:24 am Edler/tanev are top 3 caliber the rest are 5/6/replacement level
Agreed top 3 on the Canucks, on 25 other teams only Tanev, Edler would be #4 with all the mistakes he makes.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Next season we should have Quinn and Juolevi in the top 6. Pouliot, Del Zotto and Gillis’ only remaining draft pick in the NHL (beyond the acquired via Schneider sacrificed (Nonis draft pick) for Horvat, Connauton (traded with a 2nd for 30 days of Derek Roy) - Hutton will be gonzo
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:31 am Next season we should have Quinn and Juolevi in the top 6. Pouliot, Del Zotto and Gillis’ only remaining draft pick in the NHL (beyond the acquired via Schneider sacrificed (Nonis draft pick) for Horvat, Connauton (traded with a 2nd for 30 days of Derek Roy) - Hutton will be gonzo
I asked what are the quality of the other defencemen on the roster. Are they “fringe” NHL guys?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Gudbranson and a Stecher are decent 5/6 d-men. The team is missing two quality top 4 D-men to go along with Tanev and a Edler. That’s the problem. Biega, Hutton, Pouliot and Del Zotto are whatever, not foundational. Spare parts. Our top 4 only has two. We need two more and Juolevi and Hughes might/should help alleviate the depth in the top 4
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:00 am Gudbranson and a Stecher are decent 5/6 d-men. The team is missing two quality top 4 D-men to go along with Tanev and a Edler. That’s the problem. Biega, Hutton, Pouliot and Del Zotto are whatever, not foundational. Spare parts. Our top 4 only has two. We need two more and Juolevi and Hughes might/should help alleviate the depth in the top 4
Doc won’t like this. He said Gudbranson is a legit top 4 guy on many occasions. Topper won’t like it because he tells us every day that Stecher sucks. I see you have softened your stance though from referring to Gudbranson and Stecher as decent 5/6 guys after first saying Tanev and Edler were the teams only legitimate NHL d men. Did your fear of Doc change your opinion?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Reefer2 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:26 am
Benjo wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:24 am Edler/tanev are top 3 caliber the rest are 5/6/replacement level
Agreed top 3 on the Canucks, on 25 other teams only Tanev, Edler would be #4 with all the mistakes he makes.
Edler would be a #3 on almost teams. Even I can see that. Other dmen make plenty of mistakes. We just don’t see them because we don’t watch other teams the same way.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:21 am SKYO still trading our only 2 legitimate NHL Defenceman - Tanev and Edler?

ONLY trade em if we are out of the playoffs in February and the offer is too good to turn down, otherwise keep em.

No player should be untouchable really
except your high end, recent drafted players on ELC's, as they are cost controlled and they haven't started their prime years yet.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:22 pm

ONLY trade em if we are out of the playoffs in February and the offer is too good to turn down, otherwise keep em.

except your high end, recent drafted players on ELC's, as they are cost controlled and they haven't started their prime years yet.
Trust me, SKYO. This time next year Tanev and a Edler will be Canucks
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:32 pm
SKYO wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:22 pm

Trust me, SKYO. This time next year Tanev and a Edler will be Canucks
I agree but here’s hoping if we’re out of it at the deadline edler does us a solid.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Irfaan reporting there are 13 different teams scouts in the house for the game tonight. hmmm
Irfaan Gaffar:

Scouts must have heard how nice the weather has been in Vancouver. There are 13 different teams represented here tonight for Canucks and Capitals.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Bhutt has been pumped to be dumped to make room for OJ?

Lawd knows scouts aren't here for MDZ.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

OV on the block.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

They are here for the seafood.