The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna »

Mëds wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:35 pm
BigTuna wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:14 pm
Lancer wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:56 pm This era’s Maple leaves = WCE-era Canucks, with a much lesser blueline. Enjoy the regular season entertainment; the blueline and goal-line will only bring you post-season tears - especially when they have to face the likes of Tampa and Boston on the regular. It’s like Lucy with a football and Charlie Brown’s winding up for the kickoff.
What's going to happen when Boston has to match-up with Tavres/Matthews/Kadri every second in a playoff series?
Did you really say Kadri? Or was that a typo?
Yes. Kadri is ridiculous depth to have as your 3rd line C. No other team has that in the NHL. a 30 goal two-way C on the 3rd line.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Reefer2 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:48 pm No one is questioning if Laughs will be good, they will be.

No one is questioning if they will make the playoffs, they will.

BUT - the team with the same D and the same goaltending is expecting a different result comes the playoffs. IMO every SC champion had a goalie that won some unwinable games, the question is if Anderson and the D up for the challange? History has proven that the probability is low.

So now it will be interesting to see how the team plays this year and if they play a 200' game or will it be guns a blazing and hope they out score all the defensive issues. I will donate $100 to this site if the Laughs do not make the playoffs - safe bet I know but that would be the best $100 I have ever spent.
They added a franchise C and you guys are going on about a plug who was a healthy scratch in the playoffs. LOL you don't even want to dicuss the biggest signing any team has made in at least a dozen years. Leo Komorov, 19 points. What a stud!
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

BigTuna wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:54 am
Reefer2 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:48 pm No one is questioning if Laughs will be good, they will be.

BUT - the team with the same D and the same goaltending is expecting a different result comes the playoffs. IMO every SC champion had a goalie that won some unwinable games, the question is if Anderson and the D up for the challange? History has proven that the probability is low.

So now it will be interesting to see how the team plays this year and if they play a 200' game or will it be guns a blazing and hope they out score all the defensive issues. I will donate $100 to this site if the Laughs do not make the playoffs - safe bet I know but that would be the best $100 I have ever spent.
They added a franchise C and you guys are going on about a plug who was a healthy scratch in the playoffs. LOL you don't even want to dicuss the biggest signing any team has made in at least a dozen years. Leo Komorov, 19 points. What a stud!
Actually, we’re going on about your garbage fire of a D-corps and your goaltending that has yet to stand up to the postseason test. Come back when Dumbass has managed to fix either, let alone both. Till then, enjoy the regular season while it lasts.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Lancer wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:31 am

Actually, we’re going on about your garbage fire of a D-corps and your goaltending that has yet to stand up to the postseason test. Come back when Dumbass has managed to fix either, let alone both. Till then, enjoy the regular season while it lasts.
He doesn’t or refuses to get the point lancer... I think the former.

He as Manfred Mann sings is ... “blinded by the light”
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Tuna - if you read my posts I usually ask people to get along and be cordial to one another, but you my friend is one 1 dumb pile of bricks. I am worried that you may actually drive a car or worse, procreate. I said nothing about the scoring because it was not the issue with the team last season, it was your D and the goaltending that in crucial games did not step up.

So can you answer a simple question, and for the love of God do not say anything about the JT signing, how did the team improve their D and goaltending issues?
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

LOL @ talking about the "Garbage D" and "Garbage Goaltending" they were 1st in the entire NHL in save % and the team as a whole had the 3rd lowest GA in the East, and 1st after Jan 1st.
Ever think the D isn't the worst in the NHL like you believe? The stats would show. They do not.
Why did a 34 year-old waiver wire backup like Mcbackup have a career year infront of the leaves D?
The last 3 cup winners all won because of great centre depth. They did not have a great D at all. Ron Hainsey was 2nd on the Pens in TOI during their 2nd cup win.
Tavares/Matthews/Kadri. No one beats that. Incredible. It will be a nightmare come playoff time.

And do you really expect Andersen to post sub 900 goaltending every playoff series, Matthews to be that bad, Kadri to be suspended, and TAvares to have no impact?
You sound delusional. They lost in game 7 in the 3rd round with all of that. You are aware, right?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Tuna wrote:
It will be a nightmare come playoff time.

Finally you understand...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

rats19 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:26 am Tuna wrote:
It will be a nightmare come playoff time.

Finally you understand...
Tavares will have no impact. Gotcha. They will lose every year. Matthews will never be better. They will have sub 900 % each year and Kadri will be suspended. Gotcha.

And For Boston, 41 year-old Chara will be the same. No regression.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

BigTuna wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:01 am

LOL @ talking about the "Garbage D" and "Garbage Goaltending" they were 1st in the entire NHL in save % and the team as a whole had the 3rd lowest GA in the East, and 1st after Jan 1st.

And do you really expect Andersen to post sub 900 goaltending every playoff series, Matthews to be that bad, Kadri to be suspended, and TAvares to have no impact?
You sound delusional. They lost in game 7 in the 3rd round with all of that. You are aware, right?
What 3rd round are you talking about? Your leaves haven't been to the 3rd round since Matthews was in diapers. You are aware, right?

Dan Cloutier was spectacular in the regular season too, only to falter in the playoffs. Andersen was smoking garbage in the playoffs, just wait for him to let in a goal from the red line.

Matthews folded like a cheap, soppy, sulking WalMart lawnchair. Kadri will be Kadri - and get suspended for being a dirty piece of shit as the league has finally started to lose its patience with him. Tavares has never gone past the first round. Maybe the sum total of all that may lurch the team past a Columbus or a Florida, but not against the true elite in the Eastern Conference in the playoffs.

Until they actually win a playoff round, no Leaf fan can say jack shit about anything but the regular season. Forgive the rest of the league if they remain unimpressed until then.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

That blue line is a hot mess and is likely among the worst if not the very worst of all playoff teams.Unless Dermott can become a top pairing guy they may need to make a couple of moves back there. Liljegren is a year or two away. Reilley and Gardiner are great puck movers but suck defensively.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

BigTuna wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:53 am
Lancer wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:56 pm This era’s Maple leaves = WCE-era Canucks, with a much lesser blueline. Enjoy the regular season entertainment; the blueline and goal-line will only bring you post-season tears - especially when they have to face the likes of Tampa and Boston on the regular. It’s like Lucy with a football and Charlie Brown’s winding up for the kickoff.
What's going to happen when Boston has to match-up with Tavres/Matthews/Kadri every second in a playoff series?
Yes. Kadri is ridiculous depth to have as your 3rd line C. No other team has that in the NHL. a 30 goal two-way C on the 3rd line.
The guy has talent but he also has a screw loose.
You think all what he does is by design?
No-way. He will cost you, every time.
Doesn't have enough self-control at his disposal for the last two minutes of a 1st round game seven.
That's just one reason why I only say 1st round.............................maybe...................if other teams falter.
Not only that; It's only a short matter of time before your American boy starts pining for the cacti.
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

They were? I thought they were in the basement?

Oh right I forgot, you choose to not count the playoffs. Regular season is all that matters, right?
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

ESQ wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:41 am

They were? I thought they were in the basement?

Oh right I forgot, you choose to not count the playoffs. Regular season is all that matters, right?
And those 7 games are always the way they'll play, right? Kadri will be suspended, Andersen will continue to be .896 in the playoffs and Matthews will be terible. Oh and Tavres will suck too. He won't make a vdifference.

You are trying to say the D is why they lost. That is simply not true. If Kadri does not get suspended they win.

You really think it's the same result now against Boston with Tavares? Who will Bergeron shadow? It changes the entire series with that signing alone.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

micky107 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:40 am
Doesn't have enough self-control at his disposal for the last two minutes of a 1st round game seven.
That's just one reason why I only say 1st round.............................maybe...................if other teams falter.
Not only that; It's only a short matter of time before your American boy starts pining for the cacti.

Kadri is a 30 goal/60 point 2 way C making 4.5 million per and no team has anyone as good as him as the 3rd line C. Those 3 centres are going to be deadly to match-up against.

And please, drop the fantasy of Matthews wanting out. He gave Tavres his word he was committed long-term. Matthews wants to win. You can't do that in Arizona. The leaves also can pay Matthews. arizona is dead-broke.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

BigTuna wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:01 pm
micky107 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:40 am

Kadri is a 30 goal/60 point 2 way C making 4.5 million per and no team has anyone as good as him as the 3rd line C. Those 3 centres are going to be deadly to match-up against.

And please, drop the fantasy of Matthews wanting out. He gave Tavres his word he was committed long-term. Matthews wants to win. You can't do that in Arizona. The leaves also can pay Matthews. arizona is dead-broke.
He gave Tavares his word.

LMFAO
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”