From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Mickey107 »

Damn Flames locked up the guy I had hoped we would've pursued a few moon cycles ago.
Now I hope he sucks.
Frap!
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

ESQ wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:52 am Goldobin has shown significant improvement in each of his pro years. He's in the final year of his ELC, and has shown what you want to see from a good offensive prospect.

I'm not saying he's going to be a star, but it's a little early to write him off.

Being a Mason Raymond is actually a pretty good outcome - a cheap, 50-point 2nd line winger is a complementary piece that has a place on almost any team.
Goldy's confidence rose big time at the end of the season, in his last 5 games had 3g and an assist.
For Goldy it's just upping his shot totals, as he has an accurate shot, but just needs to fire off some more. He and Virtanen seemed to work well together, they both play with the same energy when they get going. And that superstar move around Drew Doughty to score vs Quick I'll always remember that, the Golden child just needs that chance and confidence to hit at the same time.

Granlund has earned Green's trust already, he's one of the top penalty killers up front.

Brendan Leipsic is interesting, he looked pretty good on the Horvat, Boeser line, and he scored (2g, 5a, 7pts in 11 games after trade) before he went down to injury, plus he came back & finished the season with a goal and a assist in 3 games.
He's a bundle of energy, he could very well earn a spot if he stays healthy with his hungry work ethic, Tim Schaller not 100% for awhile could help the Leipsic's of the squad.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Wow; I didn't even know.
They are just dropping the puck in ShenZhen China?? On large ice?? Between Flames and Bruins. 11:45 pm Sept 14th 2018.

There, done.

Now I can go back and watch an old re-run of NCIS Los Angeles.
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Riddell me this.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

There is going to be a big turn over in the Flames ownership over the next few years. Most of them are in their 80s. I imagine Riddell's share of the Ownership of the Flames will go to his kids - similar to McCaig's shares when he died. Murray Edwards is the young guy of the bunch and he's almost 60. I don't think he has much tolerance for the City of Calgary's negotiating tactics, so if anyone was to move the team, it would be him. It'll be interesting over the next year or so, to see how the new arena negotiations pan out.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Hard in today's economy to have tax payers fund a stadium. The Olympics offer an opportunity to obtain some extra fed money to get it done.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

BCExpat wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:46 pm There is going to be a big turn over in the Flames ownership over the next few years. Most of them are in their 80s. I imagine Riddell's share of the Ownership of the Flames will go to his kids - similar to McCaig's shares when he died. Murray Edwards is the young guy of the bunch and he's almost 60. I don't think he has much tolerance for the City of Calgary's negotiating tactics, so if anyone was to move the team, it would be him. It'll be interesting over the next year or so, to see how the new arena negotiations pan out.

The Olympic bid is a disaster, just a Calgary city council legacy dream. In November I will most likely be voting No. It is way too expensive and most likely will not include enough infrastructure improvements to warrant a yes vote from me. The fact it is already over 5B and does not include a new arena is rediculous. The costs will only go up and it would be a financial disaster.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

theman wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:44 am
BCExpat wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:46 pm There is going to be a big turn over in the Flames ownership over the next few years. Most of them are in their 80s. I imagine Riddell's share of the Ownership of the Flames will go to his kids - similar to McCaig's shares when he died. Murray Edwards is the young guy of the bunch and he's almost 60. I don't think he has much tolerance for the City of Calgary's negotiating tactics, so if anyone was to move the team, it would be him. It'll be interesting over the next year or so, to see how the new arena negotiations pan out.

The Olympic bid is a disaster, just a Calgary city council legacy dream. In November I will most likely be voting No. It is way too expensive and most likely will not include enough infrastructure improvements to warrant a yes vote from me. The fact it is already over 5B and does not include a new arena is rediculous. The costs will only go up and it would be a financial disaster.
I don't live in Calgary, but if I did, I wouldn't vote for it either.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

As an asside, I wonder how people feel here in hindsight regarding hosting the games. It didn’t impact me a great deal but I went downtown a couple times during the Olympics and it was a pretty cool vibe.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:25 pm

As an asside, I wonder how people feel here in hindsight regarding hosting the games. It didn’t impact me a great deal but I went downtown a couple times during the Olympics and it was a pretty cool vibe.
I was living in Asia during the Vancouver Olympics and wished I could have visited the city then to feel the 'vibe' as you mentioned. No doubt it would have been an amazing experience, but I just don't feel it is worth it now. Pretty much the only reason I would consider to vote yes would be because of the expected building boom and housing price increase. Would sell and then move outside of the city to get a better bang for your buck.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:25 pm

I voted no to 2010!!

But it was unreal. Our games were successful because of the legacy projects left behind. The Canada Line, Sea to Sky, rinks retro fitted, the skating oval, etc etc etc. The lower mainland got something out of it. Too many cities end up ghosting the amenities after the games and before hand need to relocate thousands of people.

I loved living downtown in 2010. Our games were a rare Olympic legacy success story. Calgary was as well.
The only HW the Canucks need
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Calgary still has a lot of the facilities from the 1988 Olympics, and they are still being used and maintained. The IOC said the the Saddledome is fine for the games, so they wouldn't have to build a new arena specifically for the games. However, I think that the Calgary Bid would include a new arena anyway. The cost for hosting the games is estimated to be over $5 Billion - that's a lot of money in a province where the economy is not booming like it used to. Add to that, the amount of debt that the NDP government has incurred over it's term, I don't see how Calgary and the Province can afford these games. I'm hoping they don't get them.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Anthony Peluso called up from Stockton. Guy is a monster and major meathead. Hopefully Gudbranson doesn’t engage him tonight.

The faithful that eat with their hands at calgarypuck are liking the move.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Peluso, Prout!! Run for the hills!!!!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Only one reason to knuckle drag... no?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….