Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Per »

Hmmm... apart from Erik Karlsson, the Sharks already have Melker Karlsson...
And this very summer they drafted (3rd round) Linus Karlsson.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:56 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:38 am If Las Vegas wasn’t willing to give up the “stalwart” Cody Glass for the NHL’s best Defenceman, Dorion wasn’t ass rammed by Doug Wilson, he was ass rammed by Karlsson’s desire to test the free market July 1, 2019.
Yeah... no. Dorion got a pile of fluff and dryer lint for a top 5 NHL player. He didn’t get one prime asset. There was no need to trade him now. He would have been better off holding out until the deadline if this was the best offer. This was a terrible trade by a shitty GM.
The shitty offers would be the same, Blob. GM’s rarely part with Grade A prospects for pending UFA’s these days cause in a cap system in today’s young NHL Grade A prospects hold more value. The market is very thin for your Karlssons due to his pending $100 million dollar contract that will pay him until he is 38. Not many teams will gut the farm for his 1 year rental and his potential massive contract. There are only so many New York Yankees of the NHL
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:18 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:56 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:38 am If Las Vegas wasn’t willing to give up the “stalwart” Cody Glass for the NHL’s best Defenceman, Dorion wasn’t ass rammed by Doug Wilson, he was ass rammed by Karlsson’s desire to test the free market July 1, 2019.
Yeah... no. Dorion got a pile of fluff and dryer lint for a top 5 NHL player. He didn’t get one prime asset. There was no need to trade him now. He would have been better off holding out until the deadline if this was the best offer. This was a terrible trade by a shitty GM.
The shitty offers would be the same, Blob. GM’s rarely part with Grade A prospects for pending UFA’s these days cause in a cap system in today’s young NHL Grade A prospects hold more value. The market is very thin for your Karlssons due to his pending $100 million dollar contract that will pay him until he is 38. Not many teams will gut the farm for his 1 year rental and his potential massive contract. There are only so many New York Yankees of the NHL
Yep. They should have moved him at the deadline, and not been so greedy by thinking Bobby Ryan could be a throw in. A lesson here is to move these players quickly, because the returns don't typically improve with time.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:18 am
The shitty offers would be the same, Blob. GM’s rarely part with Grade A prospects for pending UFA’s these days cause in a cap system in today’s young NHL Grade A prospects hold more value.
True, except for McPhee giving up basically a 1st, 2x2nds, a 3rd, and Suzuki for Pacioretty.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Ironically Suzuki is better than ANY of the pieces that Dorion received for Karlsson.

I had heard that McPhee was offering Theodore, Suzuki and a 2nd. Not sure how true that is but it’s better than what Ottawa ended up getting.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:36 pm Ironically Suzuki is better than ANY of the pieces that Dorion received for Karlsson.

I had heard that McPhee was offering Theodore, Suzuki and a 2nd. Not sure how true that is but it’s better than what Ottawa ended up getting.
I don’t know Ottawa’s prospect pool but are they short on centres? Could be they were targeting that position. But Theodore and Suzuki (who is a center but I think plays wing in the nhl) are 2 really good pieces.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:09 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:36 pm Ironically Suzuki is better than ANY of the pieces that Dorion received for Karlsson.

I don’t know Ottawa’s prospect pool but are they short on centres? Could be they were targeting that position. But Theodore and Suzuki (who is a center but I think plays wing in the nhl) are 2 really good pieces.
Senators have decent centre prospects - Brown, White, Chlapik and Batherson can play both centre or wing. You can now add Josh Norris to their centre prospects list. Newly acquired Chris Tierny is a centre as well
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Elliotte Friedman: on Jake Dotchin - -
From what I heard, it was extreme, he wasn’t just out of shape, he was extremely out of shape, we had heard he showed up with 25% body fat, that’s way too high for an NHLer
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:19 pm
Just Curious Doc how u got the MAPLE LEAF insignia at the bottom of the video u posted ... Looks like the MARKINGS of a MAPLE LEAF FAN edited video NICELY DONE DOC very subtle almost subliminal I see through u Strangelove and have since day 1 you are on the inside 8-) over the years u keep the fires burning here don't ya U r a clever one but this latest slip up is too much of a coincidence... 8-) Its like Roddy Piper in They Live I got my sunglasses on and I can see the REAL YOU A TORONTO MAPLE LEAF FAN 8-) Tavares with his 2nd of the night but u already know that don't ya DOCTAH 8-)
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Pierre Dorion is horrendous.,

If I was a Sens fan I’d be livid
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

In a game that the Ducks lost 4-1, former Canuck prospect Anton Rödin scored their only goal.
Let's hope he has better luck this time around and can stay healthy.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:25 pm In a game that the Ducks lost 4-1, former Canuck prospect Anton Rödin scored their only goal.
Let's hope he has better luck this time around and can stay healthy.
Ummm how bout NO
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blobbee’s boi - Ekblad just got lit up by a half his size Max Domi. Embarrassing. I thought Ekblad was old school? He’s more like a modern day Dana Murzyn fisters mitt
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Ekblad isn’t a fighter and didn’t consent to fighting. Did it even drop his gloves and was trying to pull away the entire time.