Captain my Captian

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Captain my Captian

Post by Mickey107 »

As it sits right now, before camp, Hutton would bring a 4th or low 3rd.
I wonder what went wrong?
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Smiley face players like Hutton and Lazar are more in it for the lifestyle, they don’t take their craft serious enough. These are the locker room jokers who drive coaches nuts
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol that Hutton’s deal is more offensive than Louis’s albatross
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:48 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:34 am To be honest of all those contracts I find the Hutton contract to be the most offensive
I agree with this, all those other contracts may be slight overpayments, but are tradeable contracts and for the most part those players have league wide value. Hutton had a great first year and they jumped the gun and gave him too much, he shoulda got stetcher, Matt Benning money.
Meh, Hutton's contract is "tradeable" as well, this is the last year left on it right?

Might not get much in return, possibly might be selling low

... but sometimes you have to do that when the coach doesn't like a player's attitude.

Retain half, take a 4th in return and move on.

Sends a message to the other kids to train harder, take the game moe seriously...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:47 am Lol that Hutton’s deal is more offensive than Louis’s albatross
$22M of the $36M has already been paid in the first 3rd of the term, it's tradeable.

Might be better to wait though in the hopes he ends up rediscovering some of his scoring touch with the kids though.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:23 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:47 am Lol that Hutton’s deal is more offensive than Louis’s albatross
$22M of the $36M has already been paid in the first 3rd of the term, it's tradeable.

Might be better to wait though in the hopes he ends up rediscovering some of his scoring touch with the kids though.
Ultimately you hope he gets his mojo back. Though without a massive leap of hard work and intensity on his part I don’t see it happening. He appears not to give a shit at this point of his career. All that said though he hasn’t exactly been put in a position to succeed in Vancouver.

Sure he’s tradeable for another shitty older guy on a shitty long term deal. I just found it funny that Hutton’s one year left is more offensive to Dufferin Dude than Eriksson’s remaining four years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

$2.8 million per for a player who was scratched often by the coach and should have been playing in the AHL. That’s a bad contract. Smiley face Hutton and Smiley Face Lazar deserve each other

If Eriksson didn’t miss 30 games last year he would have put up excellent numbers far better than his fellow 2016 UFA signings like your buddies - Ladd and Lucic, both not cut out for today’s game. Bubbles wanted the Canucks to sign Brouwer and Ladd
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Eriksson had 23 points in 50 games. He wasnt putting up excellent numbers.

I wanted Ladd and Brouwer at reduced term and cap hit.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:17 am Eriksson had 23 points in 50 games. He wasnt putting up excellent numbers.

He definitely could have been flirting with 40 points if he stayed healthy. Correct me if I’m wrong but he wasn’t on pp1 last year right? I shouldn’t use the term tradeable I meant as far as contracts go, Hutton was overpaid by a million with little leverage due to his status. Eriksson was an ufa contract and he had just played an amazing season, he’s not as overpaid as Hutton if that makes sense.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:10 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:17 am Eriksson had 23 points in 50 games. He wasnt putting up excellent numbers.

He definitely could have been flirting with 40 points if he stayed healthy. Correct me if I’m wrong but he wasn’t on pp1 last year right? I shouldn’t use the term tradeable I meant as far as contracts go, Hutton was overpaid by a million with little leverage due to his status. Eriksson was an ufa contract and he had just played an amazing season, he’s not as overpaid as Hutton if that makes sense.
you're trying to make sense with Lennie Of Mice and Men. It's a journey fraught with frustrations beyond belief.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:17 am I wanted Ladd and Brouwer at reduced term and cap hit.
Come on Blob we've been through this, you wanted to give these guys basically the contracts they received...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:10 pm
He definitely could have been flirting with 40 points if he stayed healthy. Correct me if I’m wrong but he wasn’t on pp1 last year right?
2017-18 Canucks forwards Power Play Time-on-ice

Boeser 2:55
Hank 2:54
Dank: 2:53
Horvat: 2:42
Vanek: 2:07
Baertschi: 2:02
Gagner: 2:02
Eriksson: 1:24
Granlund: 1:08

Meanwhile Loui was 3rd in PK time among among regular forwards.

I understand that he was one of our best PKers, but I would like to see Loui's special team numbers switch around this season

... if he can earn it.

Bringing in PKers Beagle, Shaller, Roussel should help fill the void.

As has been stated a few times, he's always put up a lot of his points on the PP... before he came to Vancouver.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:31 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:17 am I wanted Ladd and Brouwer at reduced term and cap hit.
Come on Blob we've been through this, you wanted to give these guys basically the contracts they received...
Pretty sure I was on board with 500k- a million less each and a year or two shorter on the term.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:44 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:31 pm
Pretty sure I was on board with 500k- a million less each and a year or two shorter on the term.
Okay yeah, you wanted Ladd at less $$... but you wanted him.

We were all shocked at the contract he got and you were no exception.

So I'll give you that one.

But you did want Brouwer at basically the contract he received:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:39 am I would target Devante Smith-Pelly, Jamie Mcginn, maybe Jon Merrill. Brouwer at perhaps 4 years and 4.25.
Brouwer got 4 years and $4.5

You've wanted gritty guys like this for a few years now... yet you didn't like this summer's signings? :eh:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

We know the kind of hockey Blob likes, we all used to like that kind of hockey, but most of us have realized now that the Ryan Clowe's and Milan Lucic's and Andrew Ladd's and Troy Brouwers and Jamie McGinn's and Brad Richardson's are not TODAY's hockey.