Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by 2Fingers »

If JB gets a 1st for Tanev I will personally buy a plaque for him with Genius written on it.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:50 pm
Hank wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:10 pm Oh Jeebus. Oilers get Jack Hughes.

:scowl:
Or maybe they give us a 1st for Tanev
That is a trade I could see happening. Oilers 1st for either Tanev or Edler. Something along those lines make sense for both sides.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I would be happy to sell Hutton or MDZ (or both) as well.. anything to reduce the logjam on D and make room for a rookie.

Hutton can be sold on the 'not as bad as it looked' last year and MDZ on leadership or fitness. Chirelli negotiates just as bad as Benning, so it reasonable that JB could get 3rds or 4ths for them.. heck MDZ could get a 3rd and a 5th or something..

Now, JB will probably want to wait until training camp opens and get a look at what we have this year (I applaud patience!) and someone else will sell Edmonton a defenceman next week.. and Edmonton will prolly overpay, and we will miss the window..
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

theman wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:44 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:50 pm
Hank wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:10 pm Oh Jeebus. Oilers get Jack Hughes.

:scowl:
Or maybe they give us a 1st for Tanev
That is a trade I could see happening. Oilers 1st for either Tanev or Edler. Something along those lines make sense for both sides.
I doubt it, it'll be another lotto year in Edmonton, no way do they part with their 1st.

The only way I could see it is similar to Duchene, optional 1st either this year or next.

If Edmonton will trade their 1st this year outright, I'd be okay with throwing some extra to get it.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:54 am I wanted both Ladd and Brouwer at reduced term and cap hit but I can see why you would leave that out.
You wanted Brouwer for “4 years at $4.25M"... and he got 4 years at $4.5M. :eh:

(recall me digging up that post in the Bountiful thread 2 weeks ago)

It was a horrible buy-it-out contract at $4.5M X 4 and it would have been a horrible buy-it-out contract at $4.25M X 4.

"reduced term and cap hit"... come on! :D

And look…
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:42 pm
Mëds wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:02 pm I would take Lucic at $6M until he is 34 years old over Eriksson at the same price until he is 37.
I probably would as well Mëds but he didn't want to play here, same with Andrew Ladd.

I don't mind Eriksson, he's a good player and a solid two way guy. Sure the term all of the top line guys got is a bit long, but that's what it takes to land a big fish on July 1. A Brouwer or a Mcginn on top of Loui would have been a good day for Ignitowski.
To summarize, two years ago you loved the then-fresh signings of Eriksson, Lucic, Ladd, Brouwer, and Mcginn.

(and you were on record as wanting Jimmy to SPEND SPEND SPEND that summer on those particular UFAs)

I don't wanna be "that guy" :look: but you always rub the Dude's nose in it and then DENY DENY DENY when he returns the favour.

As an aside, I believe my good buddy Mëds the Giant was the only poster criticizing the Loui signing on signing day...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:36 am Lol at Kesler challenging Johansen to a fight from 1000 miles away. RJ stepped on his stick in that scrap but Rk being the chicken shit that he is thinks he somehow won his first ever fight
Kesler resides inside Mr Johansen's head, it's hilarious the number he's done on the big schmuck over the last couple of years! :lol:

And come on, Kess isn't exactly a chicken shit nor a lousy scrapper...

https://twitter.com/Ryan_Kesler/status/ ... 7884321792
Ryan Kesler
@Ryan_Kesler
@RyanJohansen19 How’s summer training going? Want to meet me in the streets before we get going on the ice?
4:38 PM - 5 Aug 2018
:D

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/ ... cks-pivot1

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/rya ... ot-friend/

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/rya ... ing-fight/

Ryan Kesler is an ASSHOLE!!! :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

[*]
Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:11 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:54 am I wanted both Ladd and Brouwer at reduced term and cap hit but I can see why you would leave that out.
You wanted Brouwer for “4 years at $4.25M"... and he got 4 years at $4.5M. :eh:

(recall me digging up that post in the Bountiful thread 2 weeks ago)

It was a horrible buy-it-out contract at $4.5M X 4 and it would have been a horrible buy-it-out contract at $4.25M X 4.

"reduced term and cap hit"... come on! :D

And look…
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:42 pm
Mëds wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:02 pm I would take Lucic at $6M until he is 34 years old over Eriksson at the same price until he is 37.
I probably would as well Mëds but he didn't want to play here, same with Andrew Ladd.

I don't mind Eriksson, he's a good player and a solid two way guy. Sure the term all of the top line guys got is a bit long, but that's what it takes to land a big fish on July 1. A Brouwer or a Mcginn on top of Loui would have been a good day for Ignitowski.
To summarize, two years ago you loved the then-fresh signings of Eriksson, Lucic, Ladd, Brouwer, and Mcginn.

(and you were on record as wanting Jimmy to SPEND SPEND SPEND that summer on those particular UFAs)

I don't wanna be "that guy" :look: but you always rub the Dude's nose in it and then DENY DENY DENY when he returns the favour.

As an aside, I believe my good buddy Mëds the Giant was the only poster criticizing the Loui signing on signing day...
And unlike yourself I can admit when management or I have fucked up. Can you? Nope not at all. That’s why you are a joke. You think Elmer has been error free during his time as GM. Keep on keeping on. Has he made any mistakes in your opinion?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:21 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:36 am Lol at Kesler challenging Johansen to a fight from 1000 miles away. RJ stepped on his stick in that scrap but Rk being the chicken shit that he is thinks he somehow won his first ever fight
Kesler resides inside Mr Johansen's head, it's hilarious the number he's done on the big schmuck over the last couple of years! :lol:

https://twitter.com/Ryan_Kesler/status/ ... 7884321792
Ryan Kesler
@Ryan_Kesler
@RyanJohansen19 How’s summer training going? Want to meet me in the streets before we get going on the ice?
4:38 PM - 5 Aug 2018
:D

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/ ... cks-pivot1

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/rya ... ot-friend/

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/rya ... ing-fight/

Max Domi killed Kesler
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:26 pm And unlike yourself I can admit when I have fucked up.
UMMMM... the point of my post was that you WEREN'T admitting it. :wow:

Anyhoo, ass I say, I don't wanna be "that guy", didn't want to upset you, what's say we move along little dogie....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:32 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:26 pm And unlike yourself I can admit when I have fucked up.
UMMMM... the point of my post was that you WEREN'T admitting it. :wow:

Anyhoo, ass I say, I don't wanna be "that guy", didn't want to upset you, what's say we just move along little dogie....
Ok old friend... has Elmer fucked up any trade(s) or a signing(s)?

Good to see you returned from Bridal Falls in one piece
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:35 pm Ok old friend... has Elmer fucked up any trade(s) or a signing(s)?
That's off-topic in this thread good buddy...
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:35 pm Good to see you returned from Bridal Falls in one piece
The Kootenays... and I've been "drinking like Blob" for three weeks now! :drunk:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:21 pm

Kesler is a terrible scrapper Docster...what do you mean? Has he ever won a fight? :lol:

That fight RJ stepped on the stick and went down and Kesler being the chicken shit that he is started landing the first punches of his fighting career :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will give you the last part though....what a prick
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:40 pm I will give you the last part though....what a prick
Who, RK17 or yours truly? :look:

And why, just this past season RK17 won fights over Matthew Tkachuk, Jonathan Toews, and Ryan Johansen!

(according to Drop Your Gloves)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:40 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:35 pm Ok old friend... has Elmer fucked up any trade(s) or a signing(s)?
That's off-topic in this thread good buddy...
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:35 pm Good to see you returned from Bridal Falls in one piece
The Kootenays... and I've been "drinking like Blob" for three weeks now! :drunk:
I’ve been drinking like Blob. My liver is torched. Three days of nothing and I’m sweating like a pig
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Yeah, I'm gonna stop........ soon. :look:
____
Try to focus on someday.