2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by SKYO »

I'd say we are picking outside the top 15 next year.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:43 am I'd say we are picking outside the top 15 next year.
I’d love to know which 7 teams in the West you think Vancouver will finish ahead of
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:57 am
SKYO wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:43 am I'd say we are picking outside the top 15 next year.
I’d love to know which 7 teams in the West you think Vancouver will finish ahead of
You see what teams missed the playoffs last year or who were on the brink?
Yes teams fade bruh.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

I think we are lottery team again this year, but probably in the 8 - 12 range. We will be introducing a few rookies and do a sell off after. It is the year after I think we will make the playoffs. Only 1 more year of pain, IMO.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

I say we’ll pull a Philly and win the lottery with the shittiest odds we’ve had since the lottery format and draft Hughes the Younger.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

theman wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:41 am I think we are lottery team again this year, but probably in the 8 - 12 range. We will be introducing a few rookies and do a sell off after. It is the year after I think we will make the playoffs. Only 1 more year of pain, IMO.
I think they could pass five or six in the east and maybe one or two in the west. Skyo is smoking rock if he thinks they make the playoffs next year.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

sure. so without that 4-8 pick, then whats the price to draft bother Jack?

Still our next 2 first round picks, a middling prospect (Lind, Brisbois, etc) and a top prospect?

now are we giving up too much? With the pool as deep as it is, couls we send those kind of assets the other way and not gut the teams future?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It won’t be enough. Think Horvat + two firsts for 1 overall
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:18 pm
sure. so without that 4-8 pick, then whats the price to draft bother Jack?

Still our next 2 first round picks, a middling prospect (Lind, Brisbois, etc) and a top prospect?

now are we giving up too much? With the pool as deep as it is, couls we send those kind of assets the other way and not gut the teams future?
Just enjoy having Q passing to Pettersson up front, any rebuilding team would love that w/o the 1st oa
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:43 pm]

Hoffman isn’t as good as any of those players... not even close. Not to mention he had a major shitcloud hanging over him... but please carry on. Karlsson is a top 10 player in the game and Stone is better than Skinner ( who will return a 1st if Buffalo sucks)
Hoffman is almost exactly as good as Stone and Duchene. High-50s/low-60s for points, 25ish goals. Stone was on a pace to surpass that extremely consistent average last year but was hurt.

Hoffman was traded for a 6th and a cap dump to San Jose, and then flipped for a 5th and a 2nd. That shitcloud was certainly driving his value down, yet San Jose managed to get a better return than Dorion could. That's why I say I don't expect Dorion to get tons of picks for his expiring UFAs...

Also I doubt Skinner will get a 1st as a deadline rental, when he didn't go for a 1st for a full season.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol Stone has averaged ten more points a year and is three years younger and a much better two way player. Yes they are exactly the same. :lol:

Duchene has averaged five more points and plays a more important position in addition to being to years younger. He has played for Team Canada in a best on best. When has Hoffman been considered to participate for Team Canada in a best on best?

Skinner was traded for a very good prospect and a 2Nd and a 3rd. That package is worth more than a late first all day.

The one point you made I that I can’t crush is that Dorion may not get a good return. He is a bit like Elmer when it comes to trades. A good GM would rake in three firsts and three or four high end prospects for Karlsson, Stone and Duchene.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The best offer tabled for Karlsson was by Tampa - a stay at home, average skating D-man - Foote, a first pick ( which would have been somewhere between 28th and 31st and a 2nd round pick which would have been somewhere around 60th. How exactly is that a good haul for a Norris Trophy D-man?

It has nothing to do with Dorian, the market sets the premium, Dorian is just the executor of what the market will bear for his asset. He has his asking price - take it or leave it, and the dance partner has his best offer, take it or leave it. This might explain why Karlsson hasn’t been traded yet

Again, don’t matter who you are, you never get great value for pending UFA’s, this is nothing new
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:25 am It has nothing to do with Dorian, the market sets the premium, Dorian is just the executor of what the market will bear for his asset. He has his asking price - take it or leave it, and the dance partner has his best offer, take it or leave it.

Again, don’t matter who you are, you never get great value for pending UFA’s, this is nothing new
sounds almost like the Vanek trade this last year
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:25 am The best offer tabled for Karlsson was by Tampa - a stay at home, average skating D-man - Foote, a first pick ( which would have been somewhere between 28th and 31st and a 2nd round pick which would have been somewhere around 60th. How exactly is that a good haul for a Norris Trophy D-man?

It has nothing to do with Dorian, the market sets the premium, Dorian is just the executor of what the market will bear for his asset. He has his asking price - take it or leave it, and the dance partner has his best offer, take it or leave it. This might explain why Karlsson hasn’t been traded yet

Blah blah blah

Ladd, Shattenkirk, Iginla, Vanek, St Louis and Coburn have all returned 1sts as pending UFA. If Karlsson had a verbal agreement with the acquiring team he would return a haul. Wake up
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:20 am
RoyalDude wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:25 am The best offer tabled for Karlsson was by Tampa - a stay at home, average skating D-man - Foote, a first pick ( which would have been somewhere between 28th and 31st and a 2nd round pick which would have been somewhere around 60th. How exactly is that a good haul for a Norris Trophy D-man?

Blah blah blah

Ladd, Shattenkirk, Iginla, Vanek, St Louis and Coburn have all returned 1sts as pending UFA. If Karlsson had a verbal agreement with the acquiring team he would return a haul. Wake up
LOL, I don't know how for the life of me, this post I made below replied to a Blub post in another thread. Was meant as a reply to Blubs delusions above ^^^

"All players easily squeezed on to a payroll in a cap system, the same can’t be said about a Norris Trophy Dman looking to sign his $10 million per retirement contract"
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau