Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I’m pretty sure he is confusing demography with geography
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:25 am I’m pretty sure he is confusing demography with geography
That's a possibility.... I"m waiting for Per to get to the bottom of this.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
sk8er
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

micky107 wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:47 am
Per wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:30 am So, assuming that when you say "demographically challenged" it has something to do with marketing, and as this is a god damned hockey discussion board, I will further assume that it would have to do with hockey, or more specifically the Vancouver Canucks.

I would then venture to guess you are saying that Vancouver is, because of its population, not a good place for a hockey team?

Seriously! Its freaking Canada! How can it not be a good hockey market?
And it's a big ass city. In freaking Canada.

How could you possibly find a better demographic, for the purpose of marketing a hockey team, than a big ass city in freaking Canada?

Seriously, you lost me again. :|
You are directly and purposely attempting to portray my posting as misdirected, foolish, etc.
You know I meant in this city, it can be difficult for some pro athletes to keep their focus.
Why are you even involved?

You proved something to me a very long time ago when you pretended not to know about G.R.
If being a liar really was a requisite for a politician, your calling is clear, Da?

It's "nice" you take the time to update the Swedish players and their exploits.
Did you say you were a teacher? (insert smiley for extreme fear).

had it. :twisted:

Are you SERIOUSLY trying to insult Per? One of the sanest and most reasonable posters on this here god damned hockey message board? Give your demographically challenged head a shake!
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

sk8er wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:18 am Are you SERIOUSLY trying to insult Per? One of the sanest and most reasonable posters on this here god damned hockey message board? Give your demographically challenged head a shake!
+1
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

micky107 wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:47 am
Per wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:30 am So, assuming that when you say "demographically challenged" it has something to do with marketing, and as this is a god damned hockey discussion board, I will further assume that it would have to do with hockey, or more specifically the Vancouver Canucks.

I would then venture to guess you are saying that Vancouver is, because of its population, not a good place for a hockey team?

Seriously! Its freaking Canada! How can it not be a good hockey market?
And it's a big ass city. In freaking Canada.

How could you possibly find a better demographic, for the purpose of marketing a hockey team, than a big ass city in freaking Canada?

Seriously, you lost me again. :|
You are directly and purposely attempting to portray my posting as misdirected, foolish, etc.
You know I meant in this city, it can be difficult for some pro athletes to keep their focus.
Why are you even involved?
No, seriously, you must be confusing me with Doc or someone.
I have seriously not understood what you meant by "demographically challenged", and if the bold part above is what you meant, I'm baffled. How does that in any way relate to the study of populations? :|
micky107 wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:47 amYou proved something to me a very long time ago when you pretended not to know about G.R.
If being a liar really was a requisite for a politician, your calling is clear, Da?
Pretended not to know about G.R.?
What are we talking about now?
No, I'm not playing stupid. I don't know what you are talking about. Sorry.
Please expand on the topic.
micky107 wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:47 amIt's "nice" you take the time to update the Swedish players and their exploits.
You''re welcome. It's a service that I am happy to be able to provide.
micky107 wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:47 amDid you say you were a teacher? (insert smiley for extreme fear).
Nope. No idea where you got that idea. There are a couple of teachers posting here, but I'm not one of them.
I'm an economist, and demographics kind of relates to that. Which is probably why I got interested in trying to find out what you were hinting at.

Still not really sure what you are saying. Something, related to the composition of the population in Vancouver, makes it hard for pro athletes to focus? Too many women in the 18-25 yo age group?

And yes, maybe I was a bit of a dick in that last paragraph, but I really haven't understood yet what you mean with demographically challenged. Bear in mind, English isn't my native tongue, and maybe I'm a bit thick, so you'll have to be patient with me and explain like you would to a small child. What do you mean by demographically challenged?
Last edited by Per on Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:25 am I’m pretty sure he is confusing demography with geography
... and doubling down instead of admitting his mistake lol
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Sweet compilation, even though the end result wasn't what we hoped for.

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks- ... -cup-final
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:49 am
sk8er wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:18 am Are you SERIOUSLY trying to insult Per? One of the sanest and most reasonable posters on this here god damned hockey message board? Give your demographically challenged head a shake!
+1
brace
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

no;
https://www.encyclopedia.com/social-sci ... demography
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

micky107 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:03 am
no;
https://www.encyclopedia.com/social-sci ... demography
I think we have established that Mick is talking about business applications of demographic data. So far so good.
I'm still not sure how that leads to an explanation of what "demographically challenged" means though.

But now I'm also trying to figure out what G.R. means.

Google has brought up a couple of suggestions:

Gotland Runt - a yearly sailboat race around the island of Gotland
Game Reactor - a magazine for gamers
Grande Randonnée - a system of walking paths in southern Europe
Georgian Railway - the government owned railway company of Georgia (the country, not the US state)
General Relativity - the geometric theory of gravitation published by Albert Einstein in 1915

I'm pretty sure none of these is what Mick is talking about.

Help me out here! What or who did I - allegedly - lie about not knowing about?
Gordon Ramsay? :|
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
sk8er
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

micky107 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:02 am
+1
brace

Ok. Per is not the only one confused by micky. What the hell does brace mean? You can’t shake your head because you wear a brace?
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

sk8er wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:00 am
micky107 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:02 am
+1
brace

Ok. Per is not the only one confused by micky. What the hell does brace mean? You can’t shake your head because you wear a brace?
I think he means +2. A brace is two of something, as in "He scored a brace". Again, Mick just being fuckin weird.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

A brace of coneys!

Mick-thrandril
If you need air...call it in
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Brace yo'selves for more Mick-isms.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Maybe he is just trolling?

One thing, regardless of geo or demo challenged how does this relate to the guy leaving the Canucks and Whitecaps to join a basketball team?