Seattle Expansion/Canucks players

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Seattle Expansion/Canucks players

Post by Strangelove »

ESQ wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:46 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:14 pm Tryamkin – While not here, if he comes back to the NHL, he will need to be protected. So he is protected, for the same reasons as Virtanen.
Does he need to be protected? He's only a second-year pro, I suppose if he plays here 2019-20 he'll need to be protected, but I believe he's still under contract in the KHL for 2019-20.
I believe you are correct sir.

I wouldn't be surprised though if he comes back to us next year and buys out the last year of his KHL contract with the signing bonus.

If he does that, he would definitely require protection in a 2020 expansion draft.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:17 pm Eriksson has an NTC now according to cap friendly. I’d like to see management ship his ass to Utica if he keeps mailing it in next year.
yeah.. we might as well keep him up. We will never sell/trade him or lose him to expansion if he is in Utica.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:31 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:17 pm Eriksson has an NTC now according to cap friendly. I’d like to see management ship his ass to Utica if he keeps mailing it in next year.
yeah.. we might as well keep him up. We will never sell/trade him or lose him to expansion if he is in Utica.
That wasn’t the point. You can’t trade this klown unless you are taking a shitty salary back. I doubt any expansion team would want him with the effort level he’s displayed in Vancouver. Make an example to the young guys that horrible effort levels and zero passion will not be tolerated no matter how much money you make or how long you’ve been in the league.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:40 pm
That wasn’t the point. You can’t trade this klown unless you are taking a shitty salary back. I doubt any expansion team would want him with the effort level he’s displayed in Vancouver. Make an example to the young guys that horrible effort levels and zero passion will not be tolerated no matter how much money you make or how long you’ve been in the league.
The worst part is, he still has 18/19 to piss away until getting serious about his career.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:40 pm horrible effort levels and zero passion
So you consider coach Green to be an imbecile... a blithering buffoon in fact? :eh:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:40 pm

well, seeing as we are on a tangent, if we compared the big 3 free agents (and contracts) signings of that year (Ericksson, Ladd, and Lucic), which of those albatrosses would you want? Every fan was clamoring for a signing of one of those guys, they all got pretty much the same contract, and all 3 have underperformed, thus making their signings for their respective teams bad. It is what it is. At least with Ericksson, he is kinda dual purpose.

While I get you want to 'send a message' to younger guys, fact is that LE is a good defensive guy (not 6 million good), but in reality, is only overpaid by a couple million for the 3rd line -tweener 2nd line spot duty- role he is in. That he was brought in for another role is not the debate. I also wish he 'looked like' he played with more passion, but you have no idea how he really is, or what he says/does off ice, or how he interacts with the other players. Just because he fails your 'eyeball test' for passion or effort level doesn't mean he doesn't have any.

For a team barely over the cap floor, and having never been in a cap crunch since the contract was signed, there sure has been a lot of bitching over a couple million of someone else's money. The other thing is even if had been scoring 30-35 a year (hell, even had he flourished and got 40) we still suck so bad we were not making the playoffs anyways. No GM gets it right every time.

Now, I DO think he has value to an expansion team. LE has a decent contract and if the new owners try and copy the 'Vegas style' of drafting (gathering the best 12 2nd line forwards and best collection of 6 '2-3' defence), then LE might have some appeal to an expansion team.

but he has ZERO value if he is in Utica. In fact, it could be argued it sends the wrong message to Utica players.. "do good and try hard for a couple years, then sign a 1 way contract, get sent back down, still get paid the big bucks. Zero effort required in future"..
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

MCP my point is that he is a lazy [mod edit]. Make an example of him and waive him to Utica if he doesn’t produce in the first two months. If he is blocking a younger player, get him out of here and he can enjoy the bus rides in the AHL
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:24 pm MCP my point is that he is a lazy [mod edit]. Make an example of him and waive him to Utica if he doesn’t produce in the first two months. If he is blocking a younger player, get him out of here and he can enjoy the bus rides in the AHL
I would rather TELL him he is being traded this year or say hello to busses or benches. Then give him copious PP and prime time to pad his stats and then move him after Christmas.

Yes it can be done, or we can constantly say we need to be nice to players or they won’t want to come here.

Not only do we need assholes on the ice but on the management team as well.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

We need a pump and dump scenario for Lazy Loo. The problem is who can make him look better? 2 HOFers couldnt...i doubt Scotty Bowman could enhance that 7 hits in a season effort level. Maybe we should buy the hit counter at gm place beers
If you need air...call it in
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

You probably have at least a 7 hit effort in a single smoke-filled session, amirite?

;) :mex:
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Hank wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:43 pm You probably have at least a 7 hit effort in a single smoke-filled session, amirite?

Haha oh ya lol. I use a percolator bong so I'm getting at least 10 rips per .4 of a gram (the size of nug i smoke in a go).

Maybe Looey should consider joining the movement
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:48 pm
Hank wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:43 pm You probably have at least a 7 hit effort in a single smoke-filled session, amirite?

Haha oh ya lol. I use a percolator bong so I'm getting at least 10 rips per .4 of a gram (the size of nug i smoke in a go).

Maybe Looey should consider joining the movement
He's waaaay ahead of you...

____
Try to focus on someday.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Lol.. damn those are some whacked pictures!! Who sits there and waits for those shots to pause the tv on so they can get a picture of someone doing something else, yet have an expression that makes them look retarded??

Still, it's funny shit!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

At least he doesn't look stressed. :eh:
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Haha nice. Fuck maybe i should like him more if we share common facial expressions