the paranoia of the canuck fanbase

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: the paranoia of the canuck fanbase

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:59 am Lol, more paid shill talk, what a joke. Diehard bitches and whines that “we’ve sucked the last 3 years, everything done was horrible”, then admits its the best prospect pool assembled, he then gets thoroughly embarrassed in a debate and its the typical well pro management are paid shills. I’m glad doc is able to set you guys right. Again look at the big picture and be patient, it’s a rebuild they suck. Also we’re finally getting to a point where we’ll have valued tradeable assets, so all the whining about “where are my picks!!” Can hopefully settle down. I’d rather have extra picks when we’re on the upswing anyway cause it gives more flexibility in trades and at the draft.
Saving Diehard1 the hassle of responding to the nonsense above, which basically boils down to "unless you're offering praise, don't comment on management moves for 4-8 years".
Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm - Sigh - regarding the draft picks, I don't know how many damn times I have to say how much I've liked what Benning has done there in the past few years. It's painful to keep explaining this to you, but here goes - yes I like the draft picks assembled, yes I think it's the best pool in Canucks history so far (just ahead of 1999 when we had the Sedins, Bryan Allen, Ruutu, etc.), yes I'm excited to see where it goes. No, I don't think Benning has done a good job getting extra picks and no, I don't think he's made good trades to put the rebuild as far along as he could have and no, I don't think he's done a good job signing free agents. It gets lost somehow that we've had to endure 3 horrible seasons in a row to get those picks, everyone gives Benning credit for the picks without pointing out that he's given us 3 straight terrible teams to get them. Get it? Not that difficult to follow so hopefully you won't ask me about it yet another time in a few weeks
And you've got it ass backwards on the draft picks. You want extra picks when you're in the dumpster, they're higher in the draft order ;).

Get Doc's richard out of your gizzard.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:32 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:59 am Lol, more paid shill talk, what a joke. Diehard bitches and whines that “we’ve sucked the last 3 years, everything done was horrible”, then admits its the best prospect pool assembled, he then gets thoroughly embarrassed in a debate and its the typical well pro management are paid shills. I’m glad doc is able to set you guys right. Again look at the big picture and be patient, it’s a rebuild they suck. Also we’re finally getting to a point where we’ll have valued tradeable assets, so all the whining about “where are my picks!!” Can hopefully settle down. I’d rather have extra picks when we’re on the upswing anyway cause it gives more flexibility in trades and at the draft.
Saving Diehard1 the hassle of responding to the nonsense above, which basically boils down to "unless you're offering praise, don't comment on management moves for 4-8 years".
Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm - Sigh - regarding the draft picks, I don't know how many damn times I have to say how much I've liked what Benning has done there in the past few years. It's painful to keep explaining this to you, but here goes - yes I like the draft picks assembled, yes I think it's the best pool in Canucks history so far (just ahead of 1999 when we had the Sedins, Bryan Allen, Ruutu, etc.), yes I'm excited to see where it goes. No, I don't think Benning has done a good job getting extra picks and no, I don't think he's made good trades to put the rebuild as far along as he could have and no, I don't think he's done a good job signing free agents. It gets lost somehow that we've had to endure 3 horrible seasons in a row to get those picks, everyone gives Benning credit for the picks without pointing out that he's given us 3 straight terrible teams to get them. Get it? Not that difficult to follow so hopefully you won't ask me about it yet another time in a few weeks
And you've got it ass backwards on the draft picks. You want extra picks when you're in the dumpster, they're higher in the draft order ;).

Wait are you saying picks we trade for end up higher in the order?? Maybe want to reread that bud. Don’t think that’s how it works. Critique and criticize away but get that paid shill bullshit out of here.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:09 am ... get that paid shill bullshit out of here.
Who's the shill again? Maybe I've lost the plot.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:23 pm *Lol at blobytes saying blobyte things...
Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm Alright, again hard to know where to start but I will give it a try:

- Again, I said nothing about taking 7 to 10 years, that wasn't my idea (you should know how that works given how you never have your own ideas). That was a response to somebody else, I did not say, insinuate, or discuss anything about a rebuild taking that long, in fact my point was the opposite, that it shouldn't take anywhere near that long to get results.
Clearly (to everyone but you) I got that from the beginning.

I've already supplied proof of that, you must be blind….

Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm - You said 'the Canucks are anywhere from 1 to 4 years into a rebuild' then wonder where I go the 1 to 2 years from (trying to slip away from your comments yet again).
AGAIN: I never stated I think we are “anywhere from 1 to 4 years into a rebuild”. :crazy:

(you need to work on your reading comprehension)

In fact I’ve stated my precise position on this matter literally dozens of times.

You need to ask yourself why you are the only one who is blind to this.

And how on Earth did you miss me saying (twice) in this conversation the blobytes say 1 year and I am the Antiblob. :?

(PRO TIP: Blindness + low-level reading comprehension = poor debating skills)

Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm - Regarding the salaries, yes I said it worries me that we're signing lower end players to long term contracts with no-trade clauses. It should worry all of us because it's a continuing trend - Sutter is overpaid, Eriksson is massively overpaid (even you can't disagree with this, can you?), now Beagle is overpaid. If this continues then the salary cap will become a problem even if it isn't now, given new deals for younger players coming up. I then said it might be mitigated by a rising salary cap and perhaps some trades. How is that hard to understand?
Ummmm… I completely understood. :eh:

I merely laughed because you raised a concern and then alleviated that concern 2 sentences later.

You were effectively “debating with yourself".

How is laughing at dat dere hard to understand?

"you must be a lot of fun at parties" :D

Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm - For the leaves, I didn't realize you were being so specific to make sure nobody could disagree with your points. Yes I said that the leaves in the past 5 drafts have drafted players that helped them win a recent championship, but that doesn't mean I was talking about their contributions in the playoffs only
… find where I said 'in the playoffs only' and we can talk
Your original statement referred to the playoffs, I highlighted it in green remember:
Strangelove wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:27 pm
Diehard1 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:56 pm For me though, the big difference between the Nucks and the leaves over the past 5 drafts (since Benning started) is we've drafted 34 players while the leaves have drafted 42. That's a lot more draft picks to play with, and the leaves have turned them into some good prospects and a deep system that just won them the AHL championship.
You’ve since referred to that AHL championship a few times.

Amazing how you backpedal and move goalposts at the same time... you should be in the circus! :lol:

If you had previously said anything about the regular season

... I’d have pointed out how little those guys contributed in the regular season.

I’d also have reminded you of when YOU SAID:

“Hard to play for the Marlies when you are playing 37 games for the big club” :wink:

Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm - Thank you for mentioning Johnsson - again a player the leaves drafted and developed, though I guess it was 6 drafts ago - I guess he doesn't count though in your mind.
AGAIN: I was responding to YOUR statement in the highlighted green.

The reason you said "past 5 drafts" and not “past 6 drafts” is because Benning wasn’t here 6 drafts ago. (context buddy context)

More proof of you trying to move the goalposts after losing the debate…

Yeahno, you’re fucked-up buddy, drowning in a puddle of your own secretions.

You should change your handle from "Diehard" to "Dead Inside". :mrgreen:

Suck it up Buttercup, you’ve gotta expect “horrible seasons” in a rebuild.

You just finally admitted we have “the best pool in Canucks history”

…. yet throughout this debate you have repeatedly stated:

“The results couldn't have been much worse”

And I should remind you here that in the past I’ve handed you your ass in debates about those FA signings/trades.

Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm Now, the questions for you, maybe you'll actually answer them this time instead of just going after my thoughts:

- how long has the rebuild been going on? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 years?
- from the date you think they started, what has been their strategy?
http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 33#p296033

(kindly read all 5 consecutive posts)

Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm - which free agent signings has Benning made that you've liked? Didn't like?
The last time you and I discussed FAs and trades you bailed, here was my last post in that debate:

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 91#p298891

So ironic that YOU accuse ME of not debating these things. :lol:

Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm - did you watch any Marlies games this year? Highlights even?
Yes... but this is just you trying to move the goalposts amirite?

If you doubt my knowledge of all things Leaves, you should check out the Leaves thread.

Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm - how many games have you seen Elias Pettersson play? Quinn Hughes? Juolevi? Lind? Gadjovich? It's definitely the best prospect pool in history as you keep pointing out so surely you've seen these guys play in order to keep saying it
Since we both now agree that it’s “the best prospect pool in history” how is this relevant to our discussion?

(you little goalpost-mover you!) :)
Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm Again, I'm happy to keep debating, perhaps at some point we'll even agree on something, but given we've both said our parts about how we don't like each other (at least on the internet) let's keep the conversation to hockey, shall we? If there's another personal attack post responding then I just don't have the patience for it anymore and yes, I will walk away from this conversation.
Lol, did someone hack your account and post that lengthy lame-ass personal attack above?

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 56#p310356

Hmmmm... posted just 33 minutes before this particular post of yours...

(you little hypocrite you!) :drink:

"You are unemployed and living with your parents" - Diehard1

OMG wot a lame-o! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW what was your excuse for “walking away” from the FAs and trades debate linked above? :mex:
Painful to read, as usual - how do you expect anybody to read through pages and pages of the drivel you write? It's brutal and nobody can keep up because nobody has the time you have, being unemployed and living with your parents gives you a lot of extra time I know. Your response is always 'I've said this before' and you post links to a bunch of different posts sort of outlining your position instead of actually, you know, outlining your position in a concise manner than somebody can actually follow. It's a bizarre way to operate.

As for hypocrisy, again you aren't following (shocking), I explicitly said I made an exception for you (amazed you didn't follow, totally shocked). There's nobody else I'm disrespectful to on this message board because most people just want to talk hockey. You on the other hand are obsessed with trying to prove you are smarter than everyone and insulting people. I'm not sure if there's a poster on this message board you haven't insulted, while I make a exception for you. You won't find anybody else on this board or any other that I've traded insults with.

I simply can't keep up with your posts, no way I can write responses to them every day as you obviously can given your employment situation and parents paying for your internet connection. How else can somebody write over 16,000 posts on a message board? You are as tedious as you are transparent - would love to talk actual hockey with you but you won't actually do that and I'm no longer interested in this chat - come to think of it I never was, didn't respond to you or direct anything towards you, this was all because you decided to go off on another one of your tangents.

Given how much of an ass you are to everyone on this board you will likely have to go to another one to find somebody who wants to talk to you - oh wait, you're already doing that aren't you? 16,000 + posts here and who knows how many others elsewhere. Where do you work again? :D

Have a good day, I'm done here.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Diehard1 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:22 am
Strangelove wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:23 pm
Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm If there's another personal attack post responding then I just don't have the patience for it anymore and yes, I will walk away from this conversation.
Lol, did someone hack your account and post that lengthy lame-ass personal attack above?

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 56#p310356

Hmmmm... posted just 33 minutes before this particular post of yours...

(you little hypocrite you!) :drink:

"You are unemployed and living with your parents" - Diehard1

OMG wot a lame-o! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW what was your excuse for “walking away” from the FAs and trades debate linked above? :mex:
Nobody has the time you have, being unemployed and living with your parents gives you a lot of extra time I know.

I simply can't keep up with your posts, no way I can write responses to them every day as you obviously can given your employment situation and parents paying for your internet connection. How else can somebody write over 16,000 posts on a message board? You are as tedious as you are transparent

Where do you work again?

Have a good day, I'm done here.
OUCH :(

I tip my hat to Diehard, could anyone withstand his crushing personal attacks?!! :cry:

Well that's what I get for winning a hockey debate I suppose...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Puck wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:10 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:09 am ... get that paid shill bullshit out of here.
Who's the shill again? Maybe I've lost the plot.
Bersnoozie was talking about it, and it’s one of my triggers
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:09 am

Wait are you saying picks we trade for end up higher in the order?? Maybe want to reread that bud. Don’t think that’s how it works. Critique and criticize away but get that paid shill bullshit out of here.
Well cock toucher, you have me there.

Since you're a paint-by-numbers type, let me clarify. You want to keep your draft picks when you're in the dumpster, because they are higher in the draft order. Extra picks are always valuable, but more-so during a rebuild when you're trying to develop a prospect pool. Prospects are more valuable when trading for established assets on the upswing (would teams rather have a 5th rounder, or Adam Gaudette).
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:59 am
Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:29 pm I figure you're an unemployed former hourly worker who lives with his parents and is either divorced or hasn't had a girlfriend or boyfriend (I'm not the type to judge, doesn't matter to me either way) in years because nobody can take your shit. Either way, you come across as bitter at the world... We are most definitely opposites as I'm blessed, have a great life, great job and great family, so I couldn't ask for much else.

It's fun to start demeaning somebody on a message board... you sir, are definitely an asshole... intellectually challenged.
You're full of yourself and luv to belittle ppl. It seems to make you feel good and/or think it gives you the upper hand in the debate. You're a major reason why this site always has the same cast of characters. Most newbies are scared away by you.
Awww shucks, thanks for defending me from Diehard's nasty personal attacks... Wee Todd! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:50 am
Island Nucklehead wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:32 am Get Doc's richard out of your gizzard.

Since you're a paint-by-numbers type...
Nucklehead, please be careful not to use these kinds of personal attacks on Diehard because he will retaliate!!

Oh wait, you two are fellow blobytes, my bad...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:24 am It’s “hunky “ not “honky”
Actually I'm a hunky honky. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Island Nucklehead wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:50 am

Since you're a paint-by-numbers type, let me clarify. You want to keep your draft picks when you're in the dumpster, because they are higher in the draft order. Extra picks are always valuable, but more-so during a rebuild when you're trying to develop a prospect pool. Prospects are more valuable when trading for established assets on the upswing (would teams rather have a 5th rounder, or Adam Gaudette).
Well no shit Sherlock you want to keep your own draft picks when u suck but you didn’t say that, you implied you wanted other teams picks because they’d be higher which is a very dumb statement, and guess what since the team has been in a rebuild they’ve kept their picks, unless you want to get your panties all in a knot about the fourth used on pouloit. As far as extra picks go they hold the same value if you’re rebuilding or contending, if your contending it helps with eventual organizational depth or in trades. When rebuilding its the first and second rounders that do the heavy lifting and so far we’ve been gold in the first and second round for acquiring nhl talent
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:16 pm and guess what since the team has been in a rebuild they’ve kept their picks unless you want to get your panties all in a knot about the fourth used on pouloit
Did you run this by the operating arm? He believes the Canucks have been rebuilding for several years already.
As far as extra picks go they hold the same value if you’re rebuilding or contending, if your contending it helps with eventual organizational depth or in trades. When rebuilding its the first and second rounders that do the heavy lifting and so far we’ve been gold in the first and second round for acquiring nhl talent
Not sure how you can say that. Only two of Benning's first or second rounders are playing for the team.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:49 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:16 pm As far as extra picks go they hold the same value if you’re rebuilding or contending, if your contending it helps with eventual organizational depth or in trades. When rebuilding its the first and second rounders that do the heavy lifting and so far we’ve been gold in the first and second round for acquiring nhl talent
Not sure how you can say that. Only two of Benning's first or second rounders are playing for the team.
Good point about Hughes and Woo "not playing for the team". :D

FFS Nucklehead, you've conceded the fact Lord Benning is a great drafter... what are you playing at here? :lol:

Are you now saying Jim hasn't... "been gold in the first and second round for acquiring nhl talent"...?

Almost everyone expects 7 of GMJB's 10 1st/2nd round picks to play in the NHL this year... and the other 3 to be there within 1-2.

Hmmm that would be all 10 1st/2nd round picks in 5 drafts making the grade...

Gold, Nucklehead, GOLD!!!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

If he’s so gold in rounds 1and 2, imagine if he had the opportunity to have three more 2nd round selections. Instead he inexplicably puked away three seconds into deals for Birdbones, Real Dud and Linda Vey
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:34 pm
Diehard1 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:47 pm Wow - where does one even start with you? You must be really fun at parties.
Actually I am lots of fun at parties. Image
Birdie Num Num
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.