Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by 2Fingers »

ESQ wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:37 pm I can't shake a feeling they're clearing space for Tavares...
Pens?

Holly hell in a hand basket, how could they afford him?
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Reefer2 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:48 pm
ESQ wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:37 pm I can't shake a feeling they're clearing space for Tavares...
Pens?

Holly hell in a hand basket, how could they afford him?
I think if they can move out their current #3 center Brassard, they can give Tavares $8 mil and have $5 mil to sign 3 depth forwards and a #6 dman.

They could maybe go 2 years on Tavares, but then he'd overlap with Guentzel's new contract, even though Hagelin's $3 mil is coming off the books.

After 2 years they have to re-up Murray so forget it.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

It would be very NBA-like. Spend big bucks on another superstar and go win a championship. Why not, really? Blow it up afterwards.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Drew Doughty about re-sign with the Kings, expected to be worth more than $10M per, making cornuck's dream not come true. :o
David Pagnotta:

The LA Kings and Drew Doughty are in the process of finalizing an eight-year extension. Expectation right now is the deal, likely making him the highest paid King, will be announced Sunday.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Logan Couture get 64 million over 8 years
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Pedan signs with KHL. I always had hope for this kid but it seems no one really thought enough of him to give him a shot in the NHL.

Well we have Pouliot.
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:41 pm Pedan signs with KHL. I always had hope for this kid but it seems no one really thought enough of him to give him a shot in the NHL.

Well we have Pouliot.
I'm surprised. He really had a descent year on the Pens AHL team. Not sure Pouliott would have had that good a year in Utica ?
"evolution"
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:41 pm Pedan signs with KHL. I always had hope for this kid but it seems no one really thought enough of him to give him a shot in the NHL.

Well we have Pouliot.
I really had high hopes for him too, that game with la where pounded on Jordan was awesome.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Pedan is a fairly tough fucker who wouldn’t ever back down. Good mobility, but not good enough laterally to compete in today’s NHL. Decent puck moving skills, but again, not quick enough. A bubble NHL dman... perhaps a decade too late tho.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Kutcherov signs 8 years at 9.5 per. One million more than Stamkos. Tampa saying it won't prevent then from adding one more big contract under the right circumstances.

NYR wanted Kutcherov as part of taking bad contracts but Tampa said no. This signing at least locks up the forwards and allows Tampa to continue to pursue Karlsson if they can unload cap. NYR, or any team, has to decide if they want to help Tampa out and score picks, probably for 2020, prospects or good young roster players.

Not sure how much cap they have to clear but it all doesn't have to be this year as Karlsson's new contract wouldn't kick in until 2020 in any event.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Bieksa, Hamhuis and Hanson all contemplating retirement. None of the three have had any contract offers as of yet. I'd take one of Bieksa or Hamhuis on a one year deal IF we unload some D contracts, like 4 of them, for picks. I'm talking MDZ, Hutton, Biega, Stetcher types. Make room for Hughes and possibly Juolevi and add a veteran on a one year deal. He'll add them both for old time sake.

To be clear, simply advocating for trading players who will not be part of our future to get picks and picking up a couple of vets on one year deals, flip at TDD for 3rd or 4th round picks. We need more picks right?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:14 am Bieksa, Hamhuis and Hanson all contemplating retirement. None of the three have had any contract offers as of yet. I'd take one of Bieksa or Hamhuis on a one year deal IF we unload some D contracts, like 4 of them, for picks. I'm talking MDZ, Hutton, Biega, Stetcher types. Make room for Hughes and possibly Juolevi and add a veteran on a one year deal. He'll add them both for old time sake.

To be clear, simply advocating for trading players who will not be part of our future to get picks and picking up a couple of vets on one year deals, flip at TDD for 3rd or 4th round picks. We need more picks right?
Bieksa is the only one I would consider. He said he'd go down with the ship, I figure this sub has hit the bottom, I'd give him a chance to come back and help get it surfacing again.

Edler - Gudbranson
MDZ - Tanev
Hughes - Juice

Trade Hutton or Pouliot. Stecher or Biega can head to Utica.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Yeah, that is a good call HW. I would take either Hamhuis or Bieksa on a 1 year deal. Trading away the others for picks would be fine. That is what Blob would call good asset management. He might even crack a smile if it happened.

Hansen, sorry to say no. We have enough of his type to provide that bottom six leadership.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

I feel bad for Hansen, something happened in sanjose, I hope he lands a spot, he’s still got elite wheels and should easily help out a bottom 6 somewhere. Roussel takes his spot and I’d prefer roussel over Hansen due to his nastiness