the paranoia of the canuck fanbase

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Re: the paranoia of the canuck fanbase

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:12 am
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:28 am
Strangelove wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:15 am Are you happy in the reality you have created for yourself?
You don't need to play dumb man. We all know what you like to do.
Fuck you Todd, I haven't used a sock account since 2010 at Central.

Sock accounts are not allowed at the Corner...
Who are these fake accounts? That belongs over in hfcanucks with all the AstroTurf and paid shills garbage talk.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:36 am Who are these fake accounts? That belongs over in hfcanucks with all the AstroTurf and paid shills garbage talk.
A few summers ago, there were numerous posters with multiple accounts. It was brutal.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:36 pm Some people got all excited when Benning first uttered rebuild thinking he finally admitted his mistakes and was going to do it right this time. Same people can’t understand his off season signings because it isn’t consistent with their view of a rebuild, which they assumed Benning was now on track to execute. He hasn’t changed his focus or his methodology. As the rebuild progresses so too does his management of same shift.

Narrative, what’s really different, other than we as a team are in a different place than year 1, 2, 3, 4.
No major trades since Gudbranson. No major signings since Eriksson. Willingness to sell at the TDD.

I don't think he's admitted his mistakes, but he is learning from them.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:37 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:36 am Who are these fake accounts? That belongs over in hfcanucks with all the AstroTurf and paid shills garbage talk.
A few summers ago, there were numerous posters with multiple accounts. It was brutal.
Ah yes,the summer of the socks.Somewhat entertaining it was
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

dangler wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:11 pm
Ah yes,the summer of the socks.Somewhat entertaining it was
I must concur :thumbs:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

And they were all "lost in the dryer" by the time training camp rolled around. ;)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Summer of 2014.

Then Corny started a thread entitled "Socks & Puppets" designed to root out and destroy all socks.

(this is the thread to which Corn referred in the post above... "lost in the dryer")

Said thread was later parked in a secure location.

(hey Corn, what do you think about releasing it for reference... keeping it locked of course)

"Socks & Puppets" served as a learning experience for those who immigrated from the now defunct CanucksCentral.

See, at Central it was acceptable to wear socks... as long as they weren't too thick.

The owner of the site was fine with socks for the most part... although in the end socks drove him quite mad.

As a matter of fact he got the site off the ground (over 20 years ago) by populating the place with his alters.

(like Punch and Judy, his puppets battled each other rather fiercely in a non-PC environment) :)

The Corner's Sock Summer of 2014 was nothing compared to Central's Sock Summer of 2009.

Yours truly created at least a half-dozen socks in the summer of 2009 (we confessed at summer's end).

What can one say, summers are slow and often boring on hockey message boards and men will be boys!

But the Corner is different, with a different owner... hi Vanfan :) ... socks aren't allowed here (right Pauser?) :P

The new and improved Strangelove has never had a sock account at the Corner.

In fact, the new and improved Strangelove has been seeking and destroying socks for many years now.

Folks such as desperate-for-revenge Todd know this but figure they have struck a nerve with SL by bringing up his distant past.

Not true, the fact of the matter is that as a moderator I merely feel it is perverse to suggest a mod employs sock accounts.

Such bullshit, if believed, would embolden would-be puppeteers to do their thing (as per old Central).

Also, if the new account is in fact legitimate (as in this particular case) such bullshit may chase the individual away.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

So how do we make a sock. I want in on the action
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Both 09 and 14 really tripped me out. Nothing made sense and you fuckers all were in on it but old stoner danny missed the punch bowl
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:54 pm So how do we make a sock. I want in on the action
Too late! :lol:

But yeah, Rummy was a hoot in Central's Sock Summer of 2009!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Why not make it fun? We have 3 months of fuck all to debate...or have a sock lottery and only a sellect few win the right to sock
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

You could always count on GM back in the day. But I didn't know all you frackers created multiple handles during the '09 Sock Warz, until all the sock personas sounded exactly like the originals.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:58 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:54 pm So how do we make a sock. I want in on the action

In this Doc does not lie. 2009 was infamous.

Was that the summer we finally pushed Jewmanji over the deep end?

Him and Pauser had epic meltdowns.....I wonder iff one was a sock for the other.....a matched pair to be sure.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Mëds wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:20 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:58 pm

In this Doc does not lie. 2009 was infamous.

Was that the summer we finally pushed Jewmanji over the deep end?

Him and Pauser had epic meltdowns.....I wonder iff one was a sock for the other.....a matched pair to be sure.
I wish I was around to see pauser have a meltdown.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:30 pm I wish I was around to see pauser have a meltdown.
It was real and it was spectacular!

He showed up at this site shortly after his meltdown at Central

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 05#p177705

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... ove#p38877

In the first link he gives his bullshit reason for leaving Central

... which as you will see is eventually mocked when everyone showed up here after Central was shutdown.

In the second link, a still obviously-fragile Pauser gives yours truly the blame credit.

(note: yours truly was not a mod at Central at the time of the meltdown)

Truth be told, he was slowly sliding over the edge for many many months.

(that minor Steve Irwin thing was the last straw I guess?)

Seriously, I sometimes wonder if all the hockey debates he and MS lost

... led to the major depression that is evident in those two to this very day at that other site.
____
Try to focus on someday.