Free Agency 2018 & Everything Related

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Free Agency 2018 & Everything Related

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:28 am leaves if they land Tavares, Kypreo's said they gotta move Nylander due to cost, they can't have 4 forwards all making over $7M, and they really need that stable fluid defensive dman.
@RealKyper, asked about the chances William Nylander could be Vancouver-bound: "I think very good. You're going to have to flip one of those guys, we assume Nylander, for a defenseman. I think Chris Tanev would be a good starting point for a deal built around him."
cue an SL 'eh wot!?'
Eh wot!

Kyper is reading my posts...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

As much as I love Tanev and value what he brings to the Canucks he's getting older and he hasn't exactly been an ironman up to this point.

We are a completely different team with him in the lineup, but the amount of games he is in the lineup seems to be steadily decreasing.

If we grabbed Nylander it open up options to move someone (really maybe a few pieces) up front for a defenseman.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

If we acquire Nylander will tuna come back at us about saying he looks like a girl?
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I was laughed at quite some time ago when I said Tanev to TO for Nylander.
I said, didn't think it would take much more.
If TO signs JT, there will be no choice in moving a pricey contract to-be.
Even if they don't, in a couple of years, they will be a cap-max team.
"evolution"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

micky107 wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:27 am I was laughed at quite some time ago when I said Tanev to TO for Nylander.
You are ahead of the time bro.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Cant link it but vcr is about to sign Beagle on a multiyear deal

The Vancouver Canucks are the front-runner to land unrestricted free agent center Jay Beagle, reports TSN's Bob McKenzie.

The 32-year-old has garnered interest from multiple teams, but is expected to sign a multi-year deal in Vancouver once the free agency window officially opens on July 1, McKenzie adds.

Beagle has spent his entire NHL career with the Washington Capitals, winning the Stanley Cup earlier this month. In 2017-18, he recorded seven goals and 15 assists in 79 games, while winning 58.5 percent of his faceoffs.
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Wonder what the money is? Instantly becomes the teams toughest forward I guess. Good in the dot, decent pk
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:36 pm Wonder what the money is? Instantly becomes the teams toughest forward I guess. Good in the dot, decent pk
Then we are extraordinary soft. He aint that tough.
Multi-year? meh...
Was hoping for better, "or", nothing.
"evolution"
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Here you go:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:36 pm Wonder what the money is? Instantly becomes the teams toughest forward I guess. Good in the dot, decent pk
Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:32 pm Cant link it but vcr is about to sign Beagle on a multiyear deal

The Vancouver Canucks are the front-runner to land unrestricted free agent center Jay Beagle, reports TSN's Bob McKenzie.

The 32-year-old has garnered interest from multiple teams, but is expected to sign a multi-year deal in Vancouver once the free agency window officially opens on July 1, McKenzie adds.

Beagle has spent his entire NHL career with the Washington Capitals, winning the Stanley Cup earlier this month. In 2017-18, he recorded seven goals and 15 assists in 79 games, while winning 58.5 percent of his faceoffs.
Rick Dhaliwal‏ @DhaliwalSports

Further to @TSNBobMcKenzie report that the #Canucks are frontrunners to land Jay Beagle.

Sources tell me that Beagle contract could look like 3 years and 2.5 million dollars per year.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Just one more important news from Rick Dhaliwal. I guess GMJB is gonna make sure nobody lays a hand on Boeser, Pettersson and Hughes. :mrgreen:

Even if the #Canucks land Beagle, I am told they are not done adding grit.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Jovocop wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:09 pm Just one more important news from Rick Dhaliwal. I guess GMJB is gonna make sure nobody lays a hand on Boeser, Pettersson and Hughes. :mrgreen:

That's good. With Beagle you are getting another PK center. Not a fighter and doesn't throw a lot of hits. So I hope more grit is coming.
Am hearing 3 years, 2>5 per for Beagle.
"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Jovocop wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:09 pm Just one more important news from Rick Dhaliwal. I guess GMJB is gonna make sure nobody lays a hand on Boeser, Pettersson and Hughes. :mrgreen:

I think “grit” might equal Reaves???
Yesterday Benning used another euphemism “energy player” which my personal Canucks thesaurus equate to “enforcer” or “protector” or “psychopath” or most commonly “asshole”.
Reaves and Beagle gonna be good.
Jet Black gonna getter done.
Hmmmm GMJBJB
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Cherry Picker wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:29 pm

I think “grit” might equal Reaves???
Yesterday Benning used another euphemism “energy player” which my personal Canucks thesaurus equate to “enforcer” or “protector” or “psychopath” or most commonly “asshole”.
Reaves and Beagle gonna be good.
Jet Black gonna getter done.
Hmmmm GMJBJB
Unfortunately, the Canucks need a lot of assholes to protect the talented young kids from predators (not the Nashville Predators).
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I realize we can really only banter on UFAs, but: Wonder WTF the Capitols are gonna do about Wilson?
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:27 am I was laughed at quite some time ago when I said Tanev to TO for Nylander.
The part in red was the part everyone was laughing at.

(still laughing) :)
____
Try to focus on someday.