Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:18 pmTom Sestito?
Matt Tkachuk or how bout Boris Katchouk?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: WEAPONIZE CAP SPACE

Post by SKYO »

Time is tickin' till July 1st.

Canucks should try all avenues to weaponize that cap space and some wealthy owners:

- Take on Jets Mason + (pick/prospect) for an AHLer, so they can sign Stastny. -then buyout Mason.

- Take Stars Spezza + (pick/prospect) for a 7th, so they can sign Tavares. -Spezza can actually be useful for a year.

As an aside, leaves Nylander? RFA $$$ so they can sign Tavares for huge dollars, but Nylander would be expensive.
And a hockey deal with Minny makes too much sense, just have to take on Ennis the small dude expensive cap dump.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Instead of UFA's, the team has the assets and cap to trade for the #1 target charlie coyle, JB would be a genius if he trades for him, he'd be a perfect #2C for now while Pettersson and Gaudette hone their craft.

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/player/7936/stats
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

An interesting article from Canucks Army: https://canucksarmy.com/2018/06/27/anal ... ld-target/

Wonder what it would take to pry Reinhart out of Buffalo. Given the stock they have at center in their organization, the price would be high but not exorbitant.

Tanev and Juolevi for Reinhart and 2019 2nd? What else would fit?

What would a reasonable offer look like? Benning may not have the pieces for someone of greater stature but this one would look doable.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The best trades in this cap era, if not for acquiring picks/prospects from a contender for a vet is dealing with:

- cash strapped teams who are having a issue re-signing a RFA

- any team with cap issues and needing to dump cap asap.

- a team that could lose a UFA within a year and can't re-sign em, because rarely does a premiere player reach UFA these days, it's extremely rare and if they do they go all LeBron James (taking my talents to such and such), so if you can talk to their agent prior (plan out a new deal before trade).

- a player having issues's behind the scenes (not getting along with coach etc).

- Vet team needing to fill holes with decent depth, needing shakeup.

A team acquiring Tavares will def need to shed some cap, rumblings it could be Tampa.
Lightning GM: We'd have to clear space for Tavares, but it'd be worth it

The Tampa Bay Lightning remain hopeful that John Tavares will elect to sign with them on July 1, but general manager Steve Yzerman is aware that the team would have to do some serious juggling to make things work.

With roughly $5.3 million in cap space and Tavares likely to command at least $10 million per season, Yzerman said the team would have to clear cap room, but it would be worth it, according to Joe Smith of The Athletic.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/15640 ... um=twitter
The number one guy I want from them is Cal Foote with whatever cap dumps.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Lancer wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:13 pm An interesting article from Canucks Army: https://canucksarmy.com/2018/06/27/anal ... ld-target/

Wonder what it would take to pry Reinhart out of Buffalo. Given the stock they have at center in their organization, the price would be high but not exorbitant.

What would a reasonable offer look like? Benning may not have the pieces for someone of greater stature but this one would look doable.
Tanev for Reinhart straight up would be the max I’d go. Reinhart has 140 points in 249 games, and he’s a career minus-44. Why would we make even that trade? I would prefer to grab a couple of UFA’s on short term deals and weaponize our cap space on a useful vet, SKYO’s idea on Spezza is a damned good one. One year left and in upgrade at the 2C spot over Butter.

Spezza + 2nd/3rd for _______ + 6th/7th.

And really.....

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/top ... qualities/

Tank for Hughes.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Mëds wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:30 pm And really.....

Tank for Hughes.

The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

People actually want to tank another year for "the small wee, little lottery chance of that?".

I can't believe it. :hmmm:

If that's what's desired, just trade for it or give up two 1st round picks.

Why am I listening to the word tank in June :bang:
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Lancer wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:13 pm An interesting article from Canucks Army: https://canucksarmy.com/2018/06/27/anal ... ld-target/

Tanev and Juolevi for Reinhart? You’re kidding right?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Tampa will be screwed if they land Tavares

Jets want Stastny but are screwed as well
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:34 am People actually want to tank another year for "the small wee, little lottery chance of that?".

They will tank whether people want them to or not. It’s a bottom five team once again. Not sure what’s so hard to comprehend here.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:25 am
micky107 wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:34 am People actually want to tank another year for "the small wee, little lottery chance of that?".

They will tank whether people want them to or not. It’s a bottom five team once again. Not sure what’s so hard to comprehend here.
The team is not tanking, they are just not good enough to make the playoffs. They minimal vets to move that would bring anything back of value and that they would want to give up. Stay the course, continue to draft and develop the youth and maybe next season make a big splash in FA or the 2020/21, until then collect picks and play youth.

Oh yeah, find 2 guys who are kind of on the rough side and do not take kindly to their teammates being roughed up.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Reefer2 wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:53 am

Oh yeah, find 2 guys who are kind of on the rough side and do not take kindly to their teammates being roughed up.
Or...sign and draft every single possible player who is under 5'10" and can skate. Corner the market. The league will be filled with bigger, ganglier players and our army of tiny smurfs will swarm teams until they tire. Give them so many munchkins to try and destroy that they'll wear themselves out.
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:05 am

Or...sign and draft every single possible player who is under 5'10" and can skate. Corner the market. The league will be filled with bigger, ganglier players and our army of tiny smurfs will swarm teams until they tire. Give them so many munchkins to try and destroy that they'll wear themselves out.
"Uncle"
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:05 am

Hey this could just work.....it’s how Doc operated for years with little socks all over the place during the annual summer forum wars back at old Central.

:P