2018 NHL DRAFT - Who does JB take.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Who will the Canucks draft first on Friday...

Poll ended at Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:57 am

Noah Dobson
33%
Evan Bouchard
18%
Quinn Hughes
10%
Oliver Whalstrom
10%
Brady Tchacuk
10%
Filip Zadina
5%
Ty Smith
No votes
Jesperi Kotkaniemi
No votes
Other
13%

Total votes: 39

Lancer
CC Legend

Re: 2018 NHL DRAFT - Who does JB take.

Post by Lancer »

I went with Wahlstrom just on a hunch that he will fall into Benning's lap as the picks are made ahead of him, and the kid is somebody that I think would fit Benning's BPA approach. For the 2nd round, I would go with Matthias Samuelsson, though if Hallander or Oloffson are available they may be taken instead. No doubt Canucks staff would have seen enough of them as they kept tabs on Dahlen's progress at Timra. Dark horses for the 2nd rd pick would be McIsaac or Miller, but they may be gone by the time Benning picks at #37.

Even if Benning goes BPA all the way, I would be surprised if they didn't take a defenseman with one of their two picks.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Noah Dobson
Johnathan Tychonick
Jack Drury
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

one of the lowest scoring teams in the league over the past few years - they need goals....

Hoping Zadina or Walstrom falls to 7.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

vic wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:42 am one of the lowest scoring teams in the league over the past few years - they need goals....

A big part of the reason for the low scoring is a lack of talent on the blueline. You could add another 20 goals to this team just by having a defenseman or two that are strong transitionally and smart with the puck at the point.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Dobson,Boqvist,Wahlstrom,Zadina......i think there is no way the Canucks can lose in this years draft.
And then i remember its the Canucks.
May the force be with you Jimbo!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Since everyone is revealing who they picked; May as well do the same.
I went with Bouchard. My second choice of course, would be Dobson.
Just like Mëds said; Points from the backend, WOW, great concept. We could boldly go where, well, somewhere we haven't in a long spell.

No clue what the hype about this Hughes kid is? Fast ?
So was Jordan Subban at 130 something.
I see he hasn't received any check marks here.
"evolution"
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Noah Dobson
Liam Foudy
DHA
CC Veteran

Post by DHA »

micky107 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:45 pm Since everyone is revealing who they picked; May as well do the same.
I went with Bouchard. My second choice of course, would be Dobson.
Just like Mëds said; Points from the backend, WOW, great concept. We could boldly go where, well, somewhere we haven't in a long spell.

No clue what the hype about this Hughes kid is? Fast ?
So was Jordan Subban at 130 something.
I see he hasn't received any check marks here.
I think most have not picked Hughes as they believe he will be off the board, this isn’t a poll on who you like but rather who do you think will be available and who does Jim pick at that point.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Well gee willickers, i dun didnt now dat :hmmm: :look:
"evolution"
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Reefer2 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:10 am
Diehard1 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:54 pm I guessed Dobson, but it’s a crapshoot. No idea how the 4-5 picks before us will go so obviously depends on that. Also depends on any trades we make between now and Friday as that could change organizational needs.
Based upon history, Canucks will make zero trades. Say something that no offers were good enough, blah, blah
Based on the last few years I agree. This year seems different though, given the Sedins are no longer around and there seems to be little to no chance of contention I figure Trevor and Jimbo are smart enough to see the writing is on the wall. Time to trade some assets while they still have value!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:07 pm
Diehard1 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:54 pm I guessed Dobson, but it’s a crapshoot. No idea how the 4-5 picks before us will go so obviously depends on that. Also depends on any trades we make between now and Friday as that could change organizational needs.
Based upon history, Canucks will make zero trades. Say something that no offers were good enough, blah, blah
Based on the last few years I agree. This year seems different though, given the Sedins are no longer around and there seems to be little to no chance of contention I figure Trevor and Jimbo are smart enough to see the writing is on the wall. Time to trade some assets while they still have value!
Are you really of the opinion that the 18/19 Canucks will fail to achieve or surpass last year's point total without the twins?
My personal thought is that they will blow it away, but what do I know. :mrgreen:
"evolution"
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Mëds wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:02 pm
vic wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:42 am one of the lowest scoring teams in the league over the past few years - they need goals....

A big part of the reason for the low scoring is a lack of talent on the blueline. You could add another 20 goals to this team just by having a defenseman or two that are strong transitionally and smart with the puck at the point.
Agree, it is impossible to score goals when you're hemmed in your own end. We need physically strong big Dmen who can play a 2 way game plus a center that can win face offs. I picked Dobson but would be quite content with Bouchard or Wahlstrom
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Adam Boqvist
Ty Dellandrea (unlikely I know but hoping he falls a bit).
micky107 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:32 pm
Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:07 pm
Are you really of the opinion that the 18/19 Canucks will fail to achieve or surpass last year's point total without the twins?
My personal thought is that they will blow it away, but what do I know. :mrgreen:
So you think with our first (tied with Brock) and third best point producers from last year gone, we will blow away our record from last year? You betting we sign Tavares and trade for Karlsson?
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

1st round - Wahlstrom or Dobson
2nd round - Addison or Sandin
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

My Spidey sense tells me we are drafting Hughes
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau