Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Richardstroker69 »

micky107 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:44 am
UWSaint wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:30 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:11 pm Trymankin’s agent confirms he approached the Canucks at the recent combine to discuss Tryamkin’s return to Vancouver. He wanted to get a sense of the value the Canuck’s placed on him and where they saw him fitting in the depth chart. He describes it as a positive meeting and indicated Trymankin will be back in the NHL when his current contract is up. Trymankin will be 26 when he returns.

Trymankin himself seems disappointed with his season, well the second half anyway, saying he didn’t play well and didn’t develop the way he wanted. He was also disappointed with how his time on the National Team went, finishing the tournament as a healthy scratch. All indications are they he feels stagnant in the KHL and perhaps has reached a new understanding and appreciation for the NHL and the development opportunity it presents.

No indication yet of and early return but it sure is looking like he wants to come back. If the Canucks don’t want him I think he will become a trade chip but with low value at this point. Benning has always maintained that they want him back but no recent comments from the Canucks.

No comments about he would buy out his final year, in fact his agent seems to suggest he will play the contract out. But never say never.
It would be great to have him back after next season. Currently, Edler and Del Zotto are FA after this season -- and if the Canucks fade early (not unlikely), they will either be re-signed in February or an attempt will be made to move them. Hutton is an RFA who might not get an offer or will be lowballed, and if he goes to arbitration, the club could walk away. Pouliot and Stetcher -- if they are still here, I think are also RFA's with arbitration rights, but that may very well change based on this summer's negotiations. The NHL players under contract are Gudbrandson, Tanev, and Biega (a #7). (You can add Juolevi, I suppose, and there is some hope for Brisebois to break into a 5-6 role, but no one else in the system is likely to be anything more than an injury parts spare in two years time (yes, including Sauntner). Tryamkin > Stetcher as a RD -- and if Tryamkin really wants to play that side, you'd have to think the agent's talk with the Canucks about depth was very much about how 88 compares with Stetcher in terms of future outlook. I would hope that the Canucks said, "stay healthy, stay motivated, stay in shape, and you are Top 6. Continue to get better, and you are top 4. And yes, we'll even try you on the power play. So should we talk extension when you return or do you want to first prove to us you are top 4."

I worry that Tryamkin is never happy, though, and is a grass is always greener on the other side kind of guy.
That last sentence just nails it. Bang on.
I agree that is a worry for sure and that syndrome would not be exclusive to him as a Russian player.

If we trade the pick for Hanifin, I can live with that because it's a guarantied NHL skilled player, right away.
If we draft, I'm in for Bouchard, if he's there???
I’m not so worried about tyramkin, more his wife.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol Tree is already a better player than Erik Gudbranson
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The main reason Trymankin was bottom pairing was that Willie wanted a big body on each pairing. Well that and he wasn’t in good shape when he got to camp.

Edler/Tanev
Gurdbranson/Hutton
Trymankin/whoever

But Trymankin filled in nice top four with the injuries we had. He was also becoming a decent PKer. He will never be a big point producer though. He really did his career a disservice by returning to the KHL I think. He may be more emotionally mature, have more maturity when he returns but I think on the ice he has set himself back.

Conditioning will be his test.

Time will tell. But I loved watching his love taps launch players 20 feet.
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Tryamkin led the d men on his team in scoring and was top 15 in the league for d men scoring. I think he has some untapped potential offensively. He’s certainly a lot more skilled than 44 who has never scored at any level.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The problem will be, the games in the KHL are not as intense and most assuredly not as hard hitting.
Realize that's a generalization but I still think when he returns, he will again be taken back.
Thing is, he'll be 3 years older.
"evolution"
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:59 am Tryamkin led the d men on his team in scoring and was top 15 in the league for d men scoring. I think he has some untapped potential offensively. He’s certainly a lot more skilled than 44 who has never scored at any level.
You're quoting stats from a league that is about as legit as the CFL?
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:48 am
UWSaint wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:30 pmI worry that Tryamkin is never happy, though, and is a grass is always greener on the other side kind of guy.
agree
Which is kind of what I said a few weeks ago. He left, not sure I want him back and ready to leave any time his feelings are hurt.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

We all want him back Reef (except maybe you, apparently). Just some have higher expectations than others.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:13 pm
Topper wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:48 am
UWSaint wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:30 pmI worry that Tryamkin is never happy, though, and is a grass is always greener on the other side kind of guy.
agree
Which is kind of what I said a few weeks ago. He left, not sure I want him back and ready to leave any time his feelings are hurt.
As I said, it won't be so easy for him to leave next time.

And as others have said, he'll likely have matured a fair amount by then.
____
Try to focus on someday.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

micky107 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:07 pm The problem will be, the games in the KHL are not as intense and most assuredly not as hard hitting.
Realize that's a generalization but I still think when he returns, he will again be taken back.
Hard-hitting hockey doesn't really affect Tryamkin.

The bodychecks just bounce right off him.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Holy crap!
I will now proceed to call myself out for making an uninformed post.
I'm reading this weird stats sheet and I glanced at the penalty minutes. :shock:
https://en.khl.ru/players/17594/
"evolution"
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

ESQ wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:49 pm
micky107 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:07 pm The problem will be, the games in the KHL are not as intense and most assuredly not as hard hitting.
Hard-hitting hockey doesn't really affect Tryamkin.

The bodychecks just bounce right off him.
His ability to absorb hits on the forecheck and protect the puck are just as important than any punishment he can mete on forwards in the crease. I read somewhere that in today's game, if your defenceman is clearing out the slot, he's failed at 95% of his job. Dunno if I totally agree with that, but it speaks to the state of the game today. If Tree can take a hit and get the puck out, great. Any other physicality out of him is a bonus.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Tryamkin got a lot of PIMs with the canucks as well.

Physical hockey was never his problem. He didn't like being encouraged to goon or fight, or deliberately try to injure players like Pronger.

But he was undoubtedly the most dangerous player every shift, because it took so little effort for him to obliterate opponents.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

micky107 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:15 pm Holy crap!
I will now proceed to call myself out for making an uninformed post.
I'm reading this weird stats sheet and I glanced at the penalty minutes. :shock:
https://en.khl.ru/players/17594/

A one game suspension in Oct followed by 2 games in Dec as a repeat offender. His offence, unsportsmanlike towards an official. Perhaps his penalty minutes show his NHL minutes are paying off and he's becoming more bear and less pussy. Unleash the bear and come home Nikita.
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

5thhorseman wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:19 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:59 am Tryamkin led the d men on his team in scoring and was top 15 in the league for d men scoring. I think he has some untapped potential offensively. He’s certainly a lot more skilled than 44 who has never scored at any level.
You're quoting stats from a league that is about as legit as the CFL?
Do you think Gudbranson could finish top 15 in d man scoring in that league? Furthermore Reef and ukcanuck love the CFL