Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:11 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:53 pm What’s bobby Ryan and Karlsson cost?
7th overall, Tanev, Goldie, DiPietro … for… Karlsson, 2 cap dumps (Ryan, Burrows) :mex:

EDLER - KARLSSON
JUOLEVI - GUDBRANSON
MDZ - STECHER
The :mex: means you know that's not even gonna come CLOSE to being enough right?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:25 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:03 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:15 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:53 pm What’s bobby Ryan and Karlsson cost?
7th overall, Tanev, Goldie, DiPietro … for… Karlsson, 2 cap dumps (Ryan, Burrows) :mex:

EDLER - KARLSSON
JUOLEVI - GUDBRANSON
MDZ - STECHER

Then sign Hansen July 1st
And Burrows and Bieksa

He said Burrows. You must have meant Sbisa
Sure why not? Trade the 2nd rounder for the right to sign him.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:39 am

EDLER - KARLSSON
JUOLEVI - GUDBRANSON
MDZ - STECHER

And Burrows and Bieksa

As if blob, the third rounder would be enough
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

I’m just looking at a way to show that Blob can’t be right.
So it sounds like Montreal may trade down for a centre, likely the Fin around the 7th pick, and Vancouver wants more picks. And perhaps NYI would want to move up in the draft.
Here’s a trade that popped into my head.
Islanders trade their #11 & #12 overall for Montreal’s #3 overall.
Then Montreal sends the #12 overall plus two of their three second rounders to Vancouver for the #7 overall.
Hmmmm, sounds good, right?

...naw, Blob’s still right, just take Dobson.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:09 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:23 pm
SKYO wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:10 pm I think this is what management might be thinking for next season if they swap the 1st for noah.

HANIFIN - TANEV
EDLER - STECHER
MDZ - GUDBRANSON
Swap out Stretcher for a UFA and i would say thats pretty close
HANIFIN - TANEV
EDLER - GUDBRANSON
MDZ - STECHER
Pardon me, but if Hanafin is only the #4 guy on Carolina, why do we want him so badly? Even if he would be our #1 guy, we'd still have a shitty defense. Keep the pick and hope we draft a real top 2 D-man. If we trade for Hanafin, we will be over-paying, and pushing our re-build back farther.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Tciso wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:30 am
Pardon me, but if Hanafin is only the #4 guy on Carolina, why do we want him so badly? Even if he would be our #1 guy, we'd still have a shitty defense. Keep the pick and hope we draft a real top 2 D-man. If we trade for Hanafin, we will be over-paying, and pushing our re-build back farther.
Maybe because he just turned 21 in January. I think it's safe to assume his minutes climb as he gains experience.

If the player we draft at 7 is leading our D in scoring at 21, as Hanifin did, we'll be quite pleased indeed. Which is why I would do the 7th overall for him, but nothing more (and I assume they'll want more). I'm perfectly happy to use the pick.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:58 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:39 am

EDLER - KARLSSON
JUOLEVI - GUDBRANSON
MDZ - STECHER

And Burrows and Bieksa

As if blob, the third rounder would be enough
If you wanna get the deal done, better throw in that 3rd with the 2nd, just to be sure. :lol: :lol:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Read down the page to the part regarding how Trevor responded to the Hanifin rumors.
https://www.spectorshockey.net/2018/06/ ... e-13-2018/

Guess not, eh?
"evolution"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Good on Linden, don’t move the pick unless you get something great in return.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Reefer2 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:29 am Good on Linden, don’t move the pick unless you get something great in return.
Ah but Trev may be pullin his own puppet strings.
Honestly, I don't see why the Nucks would have no interest in him.
The plus/minus is atrocious but we need a defense man that can put up points.
I've read Peters had no clue how to put his D-pairings together, so if Calgary didn't have enough problems, now they have more, haha.
If I recall, he and Boeser spent some time shootin the bull during the All-Star break. Doesn't mean anything, I'm sure.

I don't know about anyone else but I see a young defense man that can set up plays, score on his own as well.
Enters the NHL right away and puts in 3 years with almost perfect attendance.
He's 21 now. To me, that's impressive.
"evolution"
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Cherry Picker wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:31 am I’m just looking at a way to show that Blob can’t be right.
So it sounds like Montreal may trade down for a centre, likely the Fin around the 7th pick, and Vancouver wants more picks. And perhaps NYI would want to move up in the draft.
Here’s a trade that popped into my head.
Islanders trade their #11 & #12 overall for Montreal’s #3 overall.
Then Montreal sends the #12 overall plus two of their three second rounders to Vancouver for the #7 overall.
Hmmmm, sounds good, right?

...naw, Blob’s still right, just take Dobson.
Trading up or down the draft is risky unless you know which team is going to pick whom, or that the player you've ranked higher than anyone else you know is going to be there where you end up trading to pick.

Benning tried doing it last year, didn't find a partner, and ended up taking Pettersson. Imagine if he'd traded down and somebody snatched up Pettersson before Benning picked - and Pettersson obviously was the object of his desires with his 1st round pick. I still get the sense that other GMs see Benning as a noob and are looking for their chance to fleece him. The moves you don't make are sometimes the best decisions.

Nothing wrong with Benning keeping #7 and have a good chance of getting who he wants at that point (regardless of where that player is ranked), rather than playing with fire betting that that player will drop to where he can trade down. If it's Dobson, so be it. If it's someone else like Wahlstrom, or even someone further down the consensus rankings, I'll give the scouting staff the benefit of the doubt.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:23 am Read down the page to the part regarding how Trevor responded to the Hanifin rumors.
https://www.spectorshockey.net/2018/06/ ... e-13-2018/

Guess not, eh?
"In other words, the Canucks have set a high asking price for their first-round pick. If, for example, the Hurricanes want that pick, it’ll cost them Hanifin plus perhaps a draft pick (other than Carolina’s first-round pick) or a prospect."

So on the draft floor: 7th overall for Hanifin + 42nd overall.

IF the guy Canes want is still available... and IF none of the guys Benning is hot for are available.

There are always plenty of these potential draft floor trades on the table, but few actually come to fruition.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:46 am
Maybe because he just turned 21 in January. I think it's safe to assume his minutes climb as he gains experience.

If the player we draft at 7 is leading our D in scoring at 21, as Hanifin did, we'll be quite pleased indeed. Which is why I would do the 7th overall for him, but nothing more (and I assume they'll want more). I'm perfectly happy to use the pick.
If the guy we draft at 7 this year is leading us in scoring in 3 years, we will be in REAL trouble for decades more to come.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hey; I can see how a Hanifin deal "could" happen. Not totally crazy.
Want to see something totally crazy?
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/J ... es/1/93353

I have no idea how this would happen without the name Boeser. I would never forgive that.
Can anyone suggest a way?
Ah, look at the source, probably bull poop, right?
Last edited by Mickey107 on Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:27 pm
Island Nucklehead wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:46 am

If the guy we draft at 7 this year is leading us in scoring in 3 years, we will be in REAL trouble for decades more to come.
Leading the D scoring. Not leading scorer.
The only HW the Canucks need