Playoffs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Playoffs

Post by Tiger »

I have no idea how many russians are on the Jets... Think Vegas has a slight edge. Betting Caps over Lightning. Would love to see Caps vs Jets in the final..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Wasn’t sure who I would be cheering for, Tampa/Washington, but I find myself cheering for Washington. As usual I need to wait for the puck to drop to see where my head is at.

Go Caps Go!!!!!
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I want the Jets to beat the Knights and then lose to the Caps in the SCF.

Go Caps Go!!!!!
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 6:21 pm I want the Jets to beat the Knights and then lose to the Caps in the SCF.

Go Caps Go!!!!!
Really?

Is that so The Donald can take credit for the Stanley cup too? 😛
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 5:16 pm Wasn’t sure who I would be cheering for, Tampa/Washington, but I find myself cheering for Washington. As usual I need to wait for the puck to drop to see where my head is at.

Go Caps Go!!!!!
Since Tampa is full of retired Montreal fans I’m with you.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:51 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 6:21 pm I want the Jets to beat the Knights and then lose to the Caps in the SCF.

Go Caps Go!!!!!
Really?

That wasn't my thinking but that would be YUGE.

Go Caps Go!!!!!
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Strangelove wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 1:04 pm
ukcanuck wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:51 pm

Go Caps Go!!!!!
Really?

That wasn't my thinking but that would be YUGE.

Go Caps Go!!!!!
Said with thumb and forefinger touching
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The Caps are looking good. Make Tampa look like minor leaguers. Playing out to be Winnipeg vs Washington in the finals. Early days I know but both teams looking good.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

All the teams left, especially the Jets and Caps play a heavy physical game. This is where the Canucks noticeably fall short. Until we stop seeing average skilled players like Gagner, Boucher, Goldobin, jumping over the boards the Canucks are in trouble. Better to have supposedly lower-skilled, but agressive players like Lowry or Smith-Pelly on the team. A few light-weights who are extremely skilled are fine, but you can’t win with too many with average skill. We tried that in the Canucks Shriko/Tanti era and watched some of the worst teams in Canucks history. Lots of grit with a sprinkling of skill works, the reverse, not so much.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cherry Picker wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:17 am All the teams left, especially the Jets and Caps play a heavy physical game. This is where the Canucks noticeably fall short. Until we stop seeing average skilled players like Gagner, Boucher, Goldobin, jumping over the boards the Canucks are in trouble. Better to have supposedly lower-skilled, but agressive players like Lowry or Smith-Pelly on the team. A few light-weights who are extremely skilled are fine, but you can’t win with too many with average skill. We tried that in the Canucks Shriko/Tanti era and watched some of the worst teams in Canucks history. Lots of grit with a sprinkling of skill works, the reverse, not so much.
Horvat, Boeser, Virtanen, Gaudette, Lind, Gadjovich, Gaunce can all handle a physical game. Juolevi is 6’-3” 200 lbs. but yeah speed, skill and size you definitely need good representation in those areas. Probably why you pick Dobson as he hits all 3 of those marks.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cherry Picker wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:17 am All the teams left, especially the Jets and Caps play a heavy physical game. This is where the Canucks noticeably fall short. Until we stop seeing average skilled players like Gagner, Boucher, Goldobin, jumping over the boards the Canucks are in trouble. Better to have supposedly lower-skilled, but agressive players like Lowry or Smith-Pelly on the team. A few light-weights who are extremely skilled are fine, but you can’t win with too many with average skill. We tried that in the Canucks Shriko/Tanti era and watched some of the worst teams in Canucks history. Lots of grit with a sprinkling of skill works, the reverse, not so much.
Two words.

Evander Kane.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Ryan Reaves
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Winnipeg looked ordinary tonight. Vegas looked good.