Prediction: Carter

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Will Anson Carter re-sign with the Canucks for next year at least?

Yes, he realizes that his success was no accident
90%
No, he has a chance to cash in regardless of the reasons for success
10%

Total votes: 31

Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Prediction: Carter

Post by Jyrki21 »

Will Anson Carter re-sign with the Canucks for next year at least?
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

For the record, I voted yes. But then I was also convinced this team would make some noise in the playoffs.
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

I think Carter has gone on record to say that he would like to test the waters before re-signing. But methinks Carter won't find better linemates than the Sedins. He fits in like a glove.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

I think he will sign ... 30 goals or so ... finally a match for the Sedin's .... one of the few bright spots on the team this year.

Grizz
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

I don't know Anson personally. :mrgreen:

But i would like to think he stays because he got traded so many times around that he finally apreciates his new "home" where he is well respected now.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

Yeah, I think he will because he needs us as much as we need him, and not only does he know it, but so does every team in the league. Also, I think Nonis will be under the gun to sign one of the only good things to happen this season, so he'll go the extra mile while other teams won't.

I think $2.5M but having seen Nonis pay out to Cooke and Mo, I could see Nonis paying up to $3.5 which would make me wince.
Mark
Victoriafan
CC Rookie

Post by Victoriafan »

Everybody says they're going to test the waters. It's part of the negotiation. You say "I am 100% committed to staying" then you are either stupid, Steve Yzerman or Martin Brodeur. Carter is none of these. Jovo is saying the same thing. Naslund said it last year, but after signing admitted he never had any intention of moving. He'll be back. He was written off and has found new life.
sk8er
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

I voted yes. I sure hope he is astute enough to realize the Sedins are the reason he had 30+ goals this year.
Formerly Known As God
AHL Prospect

Post by Formerly Known As God »

I think Anson Carter will resign and will do so for not significantly more money than he made last year. He could most certainly get much more, but he seems classy enough to realize that there are some things more important than money.
Supreme Logic from the Supreme Being!
Rising Sun Canuck
CC Rookie

Post by Rising Sun Canuck »

Carter will resign if the Canucks give him a deal similar to the Sedins and maybe just a tad lower. I would like them to lock up the "Brothas" line longterm. I agree that Carter has played his best hockey the past few years and fits perfectly as a linemate for the Sedins. The twins have always had the moves but never a finisher- as Carter has shown with all those goals coming from the niffty moves and passes from Daniel and Henrik.

I think Anson knows it's in his best intrest to sign here, but if TO or another team throws a shitload of money his way, I can blame him for leaving. If he does, god knows who will play with the twins.

I player that I have always thought could play well with the twins in Jere Lehtinen, no sure why- but it just seems like it could be a perfect match. But, of course the Stars would never let him loose. If he does end up going, who will be the new "Brotha"?
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

Don't eat me alive for this guys, but in response to who could replace Anson (I voted he'd stay and certainly hope so, but answering Rising Sun's question), Jason King showed potential and had a good return after his injury...is he an option?
Mark
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

I voted yes... praying he signs and we see him in a canucks jersey next season
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

Maybe I am just being cranky, but I think the twins are now at the point of their development that they can carry any decent winger to a very good season...

I didn't see anything special out of Carter other than being the recipient of some special play on the part of the twins ...

With other pressing contract issues to deal with, if Carter is looking for more than the money Cooke got, I think they should take a pass.......

The team needs some youth injected into it and offensive players like Schultz or Balej need to be given a real chance to make the team.........

They come with a much smaller price tag and while not as experienced as Carter, they have similar if not better skill sets.....

Take care...
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

I think the Sedins really liked playing with Carter and they have alot of chemistry. I would be worried that the Sedins wouldnt play as well without Carter. I think it would be a let down to them if they didnt sign him
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews