Draft Lottery Winner

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Which team would you most hate to see win the draft lottery?

Arizona
No votes
Buffalo
3%
Chicago
10%
Detroit
No votes
Edmonton
79%
Montreal
No votes
NY Rangers
No votes
NY Islanders
No votes
Ottawa
No votes
Other
7%

Total votes: 29

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Draft Lottery Winner

Post by SKYO »

Big day tomorrow depending on the results, here are the likely plans in order for June 22 for whatever happens sizzling Saturdays..

A) win 1st OA - what some of the Championship teams have had - (some lotto luck! Image ) and get the rare franchise dman.

B) 2nd OA, likely pick Svech, a power all-star scoring winger, helps for Goldy and bait for a Tryamkin return, Russians are a different breed, but we all know the more Russians you have on the team, the happier they are to stay around.

C) 3rd OA, take Zadina another uber sniper, or reach for Boqvist.

D)Get 6th or 7th overall and take BPA, or you can trade/fall back in 1st and acquire another 2nd rounder, or trade the 1st++ in an ultra aggressive complex process to go after Parayko (Blues need top 6C + top 4 rd to replace CP).
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Here's my lottery roll:
Hopefully the Canucks do better tomorrow.

http://nhllotterysimulator.com/

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

3 out of 10 the Nucks won.

I promise that Nucks will win, if I loose Strange can say something condescending to me.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Reefer2 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:42 pm 3 out of 10 the Nucks won.

I promise that Nucks will win, if I loose lose Strange can say something condescending to me.
:D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

7th
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:56 pm7th
After the last two lotto's - I'm mentally ok and acceptive of that, if the lotto gods want the Canucks to not have it easy, so be it, who doesn't like a challenge!?! amiright? 8-)

7th you're looking at a good slew of dmen anyways - Boqvist could fall, but more likely the dmen avail is Hughes with big skilled dmen Bouchard and Noah Dobson (whom either of I'd be more than grateful to have to add to the squad & play with Juolevi in the not too distant future).
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Ugh, I just ran the simulator and had Detroit/Dallas/Chicago going 1-2-3

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I just did it..... your Canucks were first..... I of course left the site immediately
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

I ran the simulator on http://nhllotterysimulator.com/ for the first time and the Canucks finished second.

I then ran the same on my usual http://www.tankathon.com/nhl and on the third spin the Canucks finished first. For those reading this post tomorrow after we finally won the lottery, you're welcome! :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:09 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:56 pm7th
After the last two lotto's - I'm mentally ok and acceptive of that, if the lotto gods want the Canucks to not have it easy, so be it, who doesn't like a challenge!?! amiright? 8-)

7th you're looking at a good slew of dmen anyways - Boqvist could fall, but more likely the dmen avail is Hughes with big skilled dmen Bouchard and Noah Dobson (whom either of I'd be more than grateful to have to add to the squad & play with Juolevi in the not too distant future).
There is not much separating the next 6 to 8 players after Dahlin. Really not concerned if we stay where we are or fall back 1 or 2 spots. We are getting a very good prospect regardless. Win by depth, you don't need A superstar to be a contender in this league. We will still be the envy of a lot of teams for picking between 6th and 9th in this draft
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:45 pm There is not much separating the next 6 to 8 players after Dahlin.
Really? You don't think Svechnikov is a cut above the rest? I would be shocked if he falls past 3rd. I agree there is a lot of unpredictability in the next wave but Svechnikov seems to be the only one who is consistently forecast to be drafted in the top 3 (and often second)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

OK I probably shouldn’t have added Svechnikov, he’s somewhere in the middle between Dahlin and the rest. Zadina I’m not crazy about. The next 6 to 7 after the top 2, not much separation IMO. I ain’t losing sleep if we don’t win one of the 3 lotteries or dropping to 7th. Are you complaining with any one of these:

Zadina
Tkachuk
Boqvist
Bouchard
Hughes
Dobson
Wahlstrom

???

I’m not complaining
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Cornuck wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:43 pm

I promise that Nucks will win, if I loose lose Strange can say something condescending to me.
:D
I swear I did that on purpose to see if the old fart was awake.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Nucks won in 3 of my 10 attempts on the simulator.

I promise that Nucks will win, if I loose Strange can say something condescending to me.
I promise that the Nucks will win tomorrow, and should I be proven wrong I give Strange permission to speak condescendingly towards me.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I like when you, Reef start throwing haymakers
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”