Draft Lottery Winner

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Which team would you most hate to see win the draft lottery?

Arizona
No votes
Buffalo
3%
Chicago
10%
Detroit
No votes
Edmonton
79%
Montreal
No votes
NY Rangers
No votes
NY Islanders
No votes
Ottawa
No votes
Other
7%

Total votes: 29

rockalt
MVP
MVP

Draft Lottery Winner

Post by rockalt »

So in all likelihood the Canucks will not win the draft lottery and we'll be stuck watching some other team elated to be picking the generational talent that is Rasmus Dahlin.

I doubt many on here will be crushed if we lose the lottery as the odds are slim but personally I can think of a few teams winning which would really annoy me. So I have two questions for you:

1) Which team winning the lottery would annoy you the most? (See poll)
2) Do you have an irrational hunch of who you expect to win?

Personally I'll be fine with several teams winning the lottery, particularly Buffalo or Arizona. I don't feel bad for them but to those who complain the Canucks need some draft luck, I would counter Buffalo and Arizona have been unluckier.

So for me the answer (in order) is clear:

Who would I hate to see win?

Chicago

This is the nightmare scenario and about as likely to happen as the Canucks winning. All that winning, one off year and then bam, they land the most highly touted defenceman in a decade! Not that Rasmus Dahlin will solve their cap problems but won't surprise me to see them re-emerge as cup contenders as a result of it. The rivalry has faded but they are still the team I would hate to see win the most. Not even close really.

Edmonton

For obvious reasons. Simply ridiculous if they somehow win this thing again. Just because they have endured incompetent management over a decade does not mean they deserve so many number 1 picks! I doubt they win the lottery for number 1 but I wouldn't be surprised to see them win the number 2 or 3 spot.

Detroit

I don't really have anything against Detroit but they've already had Lidstrom. I don't want to see them walk away with Dahlin for that reason. I have zero problem with them winning number 2 or 3 but something about number 1 would not sit right.

Who do I think will win?

Detroit. Obviously unpredictable but I have a feeling they will be the lucky winners come April 28th.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Draft Lottery Winner

Post by Cornuck »

There's a lot of hockey hate to go around, but when it comes to the lottery... there's one name: Edmonton.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

April 28 in Toronto.

Edmonton,closely followed by Buffalo
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I'm with you on Chicago.

Edmonton at least is punished by constant sucknig.

If Chicago misses the playoffs once in a decade and walks away with #1 (with the 8th-best odds), I'm calling it a fix.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Edfuckingcago...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
sk8er
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

I voted Edmonton because they are the reason the lottery even exists. All those number one picks and they still suck. Next would be Buffalo, because they bested us once and I have a long memory .
who do I think will win????? Montreal.........
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

One team behind the Canucks will jump us, knocking us down to 7th. Buffalo won't win the Rasmus Dahlin sweepstakes, it will be a team that will be extremely irritating for Canuck fans like the Oilers
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Vancouver is going to win. Need some good luck for a change. Lost the 70 lottery, Stanley Cups in 94 and 20111 that were there for the taking. Fucked up countelss high draft picks and been saddled with horrible management for much of the teams 48 years and made quite possibly the worst trade ever in NHL history.

We are owed..... big time
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:39 am Vancouver is going to win. Need some good luck for a change. Lost the 70 lottery, Stanley Cups in 94 and 20111 that were there for the taking. Fucked up countelss high draft picks and been saddled with horrible management for much of the teams 48 years and made quite possibly the worst trade ever in NHL history.

How deserving and how sweet would that be Blob..
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:39 am Vancouver is going to win. Need some good luck for a change. Lost the 70 lottery, Stanley Cups in 94 and 20111 that were there for the taking. Fucked up countelss high draft picks and been saddled with horrible management for much of the teams 48 years and made quite possibly the worst trade ever in NHL history.

Call me a skeptic, Canucks lottery history backs me on this, I won't be tuning in this time for the simple reason - I already know the outcome. Best case scenario we remain at 6, but you know damn well someone is going to jump us in one of the 3 lotteries. Just hope it's not 3 teams like last year, if so, hope Jimbro pulls another Pettersson out of a hat
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

I’d most hate to see Buffalo win. I think they are the only team with ownership and management purposefully tanking, I don’t want that rewarded.

100% Edmonton is winning this, just because it will piss-off the most people. The Hockey Gods have a cruel sense of humour.

I fear too much for Dahlin’s future if the Canucks win. If they won, something tragic would happen to him early in his career. I wouldn’t wish that on the kid. It’s best to just hope for a great pick later in the draft. The Hockey Gods seem to allow this. I have no explanation why.

If the Canucks can’t win, I’d like to see the Flames win because they sent their pick to the Islanders. I like to say I wouldn’t wish such twisted cruelty on my worst enemy, but that wouldn’t be entirely true.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

I’m bitter enough that I hate that list in its entirety. That can all go fuck themselves.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

ukcanuck wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:47 am I’m bitter enough that I hate that list in its entirety. That can all go fuck themselves.
Ding Ding

Honestly I think the one team I may be able to tolerate is the Islanders with Calgary's pick out of sure spite for the Flames.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Aaronp18 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:35 am
ukcanuck wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:47 am I’m bitter enough that I hate that list in its entirety. That can all go fuck themselves.
Ding Ding

Honestly I think the one team I may be able to tolerate is the Islanders with Calgary's pick out of sure spite for the Flames.
Flame spite is high here
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

rats19 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:25 am
Aaronp18 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:35 am
Ding Ding

Flame spite is high here
I’ve got way too many Calgary friends that are super smug about there 4 number 1 defensemen, I just love the fact they missed the playoffs. Treliving should get canned for hiring gulutzan.