GDT: Jesus @ God's House March 29/18 7:00pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

GDT: Jesus @ God's House March 29/18 7:00pm

Post by Hockey Widow »

Markstrom to start.

Hutton skating on his own awaiting medical cleance to play. He says he's good to go. Green says he's close. Hutton sits, again.

Gaunce and Leipsic close, both should get a few games to end the season.

Drum roll............

Hockey_Gaud to play his first NHL game tonight. He'll be wearing number 88.

Apparently he pronounces his name "God-it" not Gaudette.

A reason to tune in tonight. Excited to see him play. Interested to see how much work he has to put in over the summer to improve his foot speed. Hope he has a good night. Got to cheer for a win.

God vs Jesus.
The only HW the Canucks need
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Jesus @ God's House March 29/18 7:00pm

Post by 5thhorseman »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:00 pm Apparently he pronounces his name "God-it" not Gaudette.
Okay. Got it.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

meh, no pressure.

YA, RIGHT.

Talk about super-hype.

If it turns out that he finishes a -2, and has just 2 shots directed at the Oildump's net, and someone, anyone, says;
Well this guy aint no good. I will destroy them with words no matter where they are. :lol:
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

God It vs Mc HeyZues

Holy roller roller skates, it's the eve of good friday
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

AdamGod vs McDevil.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Same pressure and situation Boesser had coming in late last year. Gaudette says he's "excited,but not nervous" - guess we'll find out tonight.

I've been finding other things to do during game nights lately - but I won't be missing this one. :D

I think as long as he gets 4-5 points tonight the fan base won't be upset and start calling him a bust. #nopressure

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nh ... draft-pick

It’s encouraging the Canucks have won three of their last four games — Sutter scored twice Tuesday in a 4-1 decision over the Anaheim Ducks — but not to the “draftists.” They see losing as winning even though improved draft odds guarantee nothing.

“That doesn’t sit well with the pro athlete at all,” Sutter said Wednesday. “To us, that’s just insane. If you’re a fan, you want to see your team win. We were talking about having a chance to still catch Chicago. And I’m sure some wouldn’t be too happy about that.

“If you start playing games that way (to lose), you’ll never get that (winning mentality) back. We’re trying to improve. Sitting around and losing games isn’t going to make anybody better. True fans just enjoy watching us play and cheering us on.

“There’s always going to be outside pressure, but if you pay attention to it, it could really hurt you. You’ve just got to ignore it.”

It’s why creating the right environment for a transitioning team is imperative to Sutter. Winning is a habit and so is losing and the veteran wants Gaudette to embrace the right culture in his big moment.

“You’re obviously excited for him and you just tell him to go play,” suggested Sutter. “I remember my first couple of games, I was pretty nervous. He shouldn’t worry about making a mistake. He should just try to enjoy it.”

The hardest thing might be to harness Gaudette. He wants to burst out of the gate and impress 20 friends and family who have made the trek to Vancouver.

“There’s more excitement than nerves,” said Gaudette, who signed his three-year, entry-level deal Monday and will burn a year of it in his debut. “I just expect to play hard and whatever happens, happens. I just need to be brought up to speed on some systems.”
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Topper wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:16 pm God It vs Mc HeyZues

Holy roller roller skates, it's the eve of good friday

Do you think it’s a sign?
The only HW the Canucks need
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

It’s why creating the right environment for a transitioning team is imperative to Sutter. Winning is a habit and so is losing and the veteran wants Gaudette to embrace the right culture in his big moment.

Since trading for Brandon Sutter, the Vancouver Canucks have been the worst team in the NHL.

#winningcultre #leadership
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:34 pm

Since trading for Brandon Sutter, the Vancouver Canucks have been the worst team in the NHL.

Do you believe it’s his fault?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

rats19 wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:38 pm

Do you believe it’s his fault?
100%
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

That’s pretty singular of you.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cornuck wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:33 pm Same pressure and situation Boesser had coming in late last year. Gaudette says he's "excited,but not nervous" - guess we'll find out tonight.

I've been finding other things to do during game nights lately - but I won't be missing this one. :D

I think as long as he gets 4-5 points tonight the fan base won't be upset and start calling him a bust. #nopressure

GO CANUCKS GO!
Me too. I’ve tuned out the garbage fire except for the odd look at the roadkill for a few weeks. Gonna watch tonight. Always like watching the great ones too.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

LOL, Birdbones has four goals in five games though. And he’s mad at the fans who want to see the team tank.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:34 pm Since trading for Brandon Sutter, the Vancouver Canucks have been the worst team in the NHL.
#rebuilding #notgettingblownouteverynight
____
Try to focus on someday.