CC Random thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:56 pm Am I missing something here?.....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Look, as I assume all Canadians understand, there is a vast difference between gun control and gun ban.

Guns are fairly common in Sweden, but strictly regulated. You need to pass a test to be allowed to own guns, sort of like you need a driver's license to drive a car, and you need to store them in an approved safe when not in use. Also, your gun license can be revoked for medical reasons.
Gun ownership in Sweden is regulated by Vapenlagen 1996:67 (literally, The Weapon Law),[141] modified by weapon decree Vapenförordningen 1996:70[142] and FAP 551-3 / RPSFS 2009:13.[143] The police issue licenses to persons in good standing who have passed a hunting examination or belonged to an approved shooting club for six months. License-holders are usually 18 years or older, and may lend a weapon to a person at least 15 years of age for supervised use.

A license-holder may own up to six hunting rifles, ten handguns, or a mix of eight rifles and handguns. Firearms must be stored in an approved safe. A firearm registered for sport shooting may not be used for hunting. A concealed carry permit can be obtained under very special circumstances, such as a proven threat to life.

Firearm collectors must have a clearly stated demarcation of their interest in collecting (e.g.: pre-World War II British handguns). The police may demand security measures on keeping the collection. Collectors may request a time-limited permit to discharge their weapons. Firearms manufactured before 1890 and not using sealed cartridges are exempt from the weapon law
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overview_ ... ion#Sweden

The problem in the USA is that the NRA opposes even rather benign common sense laws, such as digital registers regarding ownership of guns, mental health checks, waiting periods, what have you.

In both Britain and in Australia, it took just one school shooting to make authorities step up and impose stricter gun control, and neither country has suffered another school shooting. And imho those are perfectly fine countries, hardly gruesome dictatorships.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

From my American friends that I have spoken with, mental health checks, wait periods for background checks are very much on the table. The Supreme Court has routinely refused to hear challenges to State Laws in those regards. Even the Brady Ban never made it to the Supreme Court for a challenge.

A government list of weapon owners though will never be on the table. That raises too many 2nd Amendment fears. You have to remember that the 2nd Amendment was passed out of paranoia and any challenges to it only increase that paranoia.

Your laws sound similar to our Canadian Laws. A national registry was tried here, it was an unmitigated disaster and finally scrapped. Unfortunately for me, I was living abroad when it was instituted and was unable to keep the guns I had store in Canada and had to sell them. Very disappointing as it included a couple of family heirlooms.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

International Woman's Day

Time to go around the world.

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Thanks for all the kind words !!!! Meant a lot. :wink:
"evolution"
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

micky107 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:46 pm Hi, this is Sean. Micky107 is my dad. He is in the hospital. He was working on the roof and slipped. He fell into a tree and on the way down broke a rib and punctured a lung. He'll be out of the hospital in a couple of days. Maybe three. He just wanted me to let you guy know he'd be back.

- Cheers
Here ya go wids...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

micky107 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:18 pm Thanks for all the kind words !!!! Meant a lot. :wink:
Not to us

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

micky107 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:18 pm Thanks for all the kind words !!!! Meant a lot. :wink:
Mickey, when falling, tuck n roll, tuck n roll.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Shit Topper your favorite store is closing.

https://ca.yahoo.com/finance/news/acces ... 37173.html
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

No Spring Break Reef, or are you taking some extra lessons?

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:56 pm Corn they are bullying me.
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:13 am
I always find it funny you feel compelled to comment on things that doesn’t have anything to do with you.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Reefer2 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:56 am
I always find it funny you feel compelled to comment on things that doesn’t DON'T have anything to do with you.
How are those lessons doing?

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:30 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:56 am
I always find it funny you feel compelled to comment on things that doesn’t DON'T have anything to do with you.
How are those lessons doing?
lol - since what I said is correct, keep digging old grumpy man.