Canucks @ LA March 12, 2018 7:30 PM SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks @ LA March 12, 2018 7:30 PM SN

Post by 2Fingers »

sagebrush wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:25 pm Hutton makes me appreciate Edler. :blush:
:cry:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

sagebrush wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:25 pm Hutton makes me appreciate Edler. :blush:
I can't see them trading Edler, Tanev, or The Guds with the way the rest of the dee is playing.

Juolevi must be licking his chops over what's looking like a golden opportunity next year.

Edler - Gudbranson
Juolevi - Tanev
____
Try to focus on someday.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Gotta wonder if Baumgartner still has a job here next year.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hank wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:07 pm Pooalot has been playing like sheet lately.
Pooalot, I like it. :lol:
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Jovocop wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:02 pm Sedins should probably retire after this season.
I don't know, if they take a pay cut they could be two thirds of a really good third line, and if Dahlén and Pettersson are brought over, I think they would feel very comfortable having the Sedins help them adjust to their new hometown. There are a lot of Swedish rookies that have more or less moved in with their older countrymen playing for the same team.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:04 pm
Jovocop wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:02 pm Sedins should probably retire after this season.
I don't know, if they take a pay cut they could be two thirds of a really good third line, and if Dahlén and Pettersson are brought over, I think they would feel very comfortable having the Sedins help them adjust to their new hometown. There are a lot of Swedish rookies that have more or less moved in with their older countrymen playing for the same team.
Yup.

Perhaps this is the decision-maker for the twins: Will one/both of Dahlen/Pettersson make the team next year.

I'm sure they'd wanna come back for another season if that's the case.

And if that's the case, I'd rather keep the Sedins and lose a coupla Gagnes, Granlunds, etc.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:58 pm
Yup.

Perhaps this is the decision-maker for the twins: Will one/both of Dahlen/Pettersson make the team next year.

I'm sure they'd wanna come back for another season if that's the case.

And if that's the case, I'd rather keep the Sedins and lose a coupla Gagnes, Granlunds, etc.

Particularly since you could get an asset for the latter mentioned. And since neither really seem to be part of the new core it’s no loss.
The only HW the Canucks need
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

+1

If they are willing to come back on a year-to-year basis at a reasonable cap hit, I'm not sure how we could expect to get better placeholders. Do people really think that getting more players in the ilk of Gagner and Eriksson would be better than having the Sedins another year or two?
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

DonCherry4PM wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:39 pm Do people really think that getting more players in the ilk of Gagner and Eriksson would be better than having the Sedins another year or two?
Especially when we might have to top end talent Swedes coming in to replace them? I'm not sure what's Swedish for mentoring, but I think we'll all know the word in a couple of years.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Cornuck wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:58 pm
DonCherry4PM wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:39 pm Do people really think that getting more players in the ilk of Gagner and Eriksson would be better than having the Sedins another year or two?
Especially when we might have to top end talent Swedes coming in to replace them? I'm not sure what's Swedish for mentoring, but I think we'll all know the word in a couple of years.
Google says “mentor” is well “mentor”.

But maybe we use “teacher” and that googles to “lärare”.

So we’ll just call them Daniel and Henrik Lärare. Instead of an “A” and a “C” on their respective jerseys we’ll put big “L”s on there.......oh wait. :P