Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Topper »

I'm a 6hr drive from Vancouver....ok, add a drive through kids meal to the go fund me.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Jim Benning should try to sway Zach Whitecloud a undrafted college UFA damn to sign with the Canucks.

Zach Whitecloud has become one of college hockey’s hottest undrafted free agents with scouts flocking to watch the 6-foot-2, 203-pound right-handed shooting blue liner. Front offices have been working to build rapports with him, hoping he may sign with their team when his college career is over.

The attention got so heavy last month that Whitecloud and Bemidji State coach Tom Serratore had to set parameters for NHL teams on when and where they can contact Whitecloud.

Why are so many NHL teams eager to sign the Brandon, Man., native?

Right-handed shooting defensemen with Whitecloud’s size and type of game are hard to find.

“He’s got a good, balanced skillset,” Serratore said. “He has good depth to his game, good size, good puck skills, shoots the puck extremely well, good defender. Zach Whitecloud’s biggest strength is probably that he has no deficiencies.

“If you want to sit there and analyze every shift, he’s doing something different every shift. That, to me, is a sign of a pretty good defenseman.”

Hockey Canada selected Whitecloud to play in a European tournament in November and he was considered for the Canadian Olympic Team, too.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/ ... l-interest
Canucks #1 goal now is to amp up the dmen prospects for the Canucks, the more options the better to get better on defense, besides the draft, next best option is college ufa dmen, as trades are hard to do and the bidding for UFA dmen is expensive.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

SKYO wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:38 pm Canucks #1 goal now is to amp up the dmen prospects for the Canucks, the more options the better to get better on defense, besides the draft, next best option is college ufa dmen, as trades are hard to do and the bidding for UFA dmen is expensive.
Lots of people don't understand that concept. :mrgreen:
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

I think the deal is fair enough, especially due to the no trade protection.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Jovocop wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:48 pm
SKYO wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:38 pm UFA dmen is expensive.
I dunno about that. The big names players can cost a lot, but there are usually a few middle tier guys that can be had for very reasonable dollars/term. We got MDZ on a real cap friendly deal and he has been very serviceable.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:01 pm We got MDZ on a real cap friendly deal and he has been very serviceable.
I don't want him and other players of his ilk as part of the future plans. I'd love to see him go at the TDD, but I doubt we'll get more than the proverbial bag of pucks (which really doesn't sound that bad). Hell - I'd settle for a 7th, considering the way Benning drafts.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Cornuck wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:06 pm I don't want him and other players of his ilk as part of the future plans. I'd love to see him go at the TDD, but I doubt we'll get more than the proverbial bag of pucks (which really doesn't sound that bad). Hell - I'd settle for a 7th, considering the way Benning drafts.
Trev and JB have been very happy with MDZ, as they like what he brings on and off the ice (leadership). They don't plan to move him unless they get a slam dunk offer.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:38 pm Canucks #1 goal now is to amp up the dmen prospects for the Canucks, the more options the better to get better on defense, besides the draft, next best option is college ufa dmen, as trades are hard to do and the bidding for UFA dmen is expensive.
And even more don’t understand a good first pass out of the d zone :mex:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:20 pm
What's that look like?

I feel like the last one I saw came off of Ehrhoff's stick in 2011.....
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Really? Are you saying that you know more hockey than the entire Canucks staff?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Jovocop wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:00 pm
Really? Are you saying that you know more hockey than the entire Canucks staff?
He thinks Genius Jim is a "moron" compared to him! :lol:

He smokes old stogies he has found...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

My spidey senses tell me that Hutton gets traded in a "hockey trade". Benning and crew like Tanev too much and do you blame them. Hutton for a big bodied forward, this is has more to do with the possible graduation of 3 rookies next season and surrounding them with some sense of security - Pettersson, Gaudette, Juolevi, Demko, and maybe even Dahlen

Hutton in a hockey trade - big bodied forward

Vanek - 4th Rd pick maybe a 3rd

Also think a trade completely out of left field is possible as well. A player moved that rarely gets mentioned in trade scenarios

I see Juolevi coming in making Hutton expendable. They needed Gudbranson back purely on size and toughness who can play, a rare commodity these days, when you consider this influx of rookies coming in over the next 2 seasons, the TDL will be more about providing protection for these great prospects in the system. Fuck acquiring picks, hell we are gonna walk out of the 2018 draft with a top 10 pick and a high 2nd. I'd be pissed if he traded picks, thats always a possibility with JimBro.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:39 am I see Juolevi coming in making Hutton expendable.
Pouliot made Hutton expendable.

And Pouliot isn't really that good. Probably would have been put on waivers by the pen.

And that's not a dis on Pouliot. Just the facts.

But I agree, Dude, that Hutton goes for this "big bodied" forward. Benning's talk about the Canucks desire for a big bodied forward is a negotiation tactic. He figures that it's a better message than "shopping Hutton for anyone who will take him." But it won't change the value all that much. Hutton's making $2.8M and is now regularly sitting on a team with an underwhelming defense.....

The commentators last night might be right that Goldobin is on the market. Which makes sense if he's in a Grabner when Grabner was traded to Florida: you haven't shown enough to protect yourself from waivers, you are no longer waiver exempt, we don't guarantee roster spots, and we're not sure you will earn yours. But I don't actually know whether Goldobin is waiver exempt next year.

If the Canucks are counting numbers and now have more information about which "skilled forwards" aren't part of their plans yet another team may have some hope for, I hope they are looking at D prospects or draft picks to use to move up or swap for D prospects.....
Hono_rary Canadian
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Friedman: Someone who strikes me as an under-the-radar possibility for Tampa Bay: Alex Edler. Remember though, he does have a no-trade.
Rick Dhaliwal:

Edler's agent refuses to answer calls, texts or e-mails, maybe there is something to the Tampa Bay rumour

Edler to Tampa Bay could be a possibility, pick, prospect, roster player would be my guess in the return.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:06 am
Friedman: Someone who strikes me as an under-the-radar possibility for Tampa Bay: Alex Edler. Remember though, he does have a no-trade.
Rick Dhaliwal:

Edler's agent refuses to answer calls, texts or e-mails, maybe there is something to the Tampa Bay rumour

Edler to Tampa Bay could be a possibility, pick, prospect, roster player would be my guess in the return.
I could see a conditional 2nd. If Tampa makes the Conference Finals and or Edler plays x games the pick becomes a 1st. Plus a prospect.
The only HW the Canucks need