From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:20 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:16 am Lol those prime 30 point seasons with his 30 hits and mentoring young players to play with grit and balls like his dad and uncles did.
For the record Bubbles likes 29 year old Backlund at $5.35 million for 6 years after this season and hates 29 year old Sutter for a $1 million less for 3 years after this season

Sensible
Backlund is a better two-way player. He was 4th in Selke voting last year. He's a much better player than Brandon Sutter. If Sutter's last name was Bonino the dude would have killed himself long ago.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:23 am Oh I forgot did I say I liked the Bonino contract ?

Feel free to produce any evidence
But, but, but the Penguins cleaned Bennings clock on the Sutter trade! Lockwood says hi. Bonino says hi from the 4th line on a $4 million per 4 year contract
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:53 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:23 am Oh I forgot did I say I liked the Bonino contract ?

But, but, but the Penguins cleaned Bennings clock on the Sutter trade! Lockwood says hi. Bonino says hi from the 4th line on a $4 million per 4 year contract
The Pens say hi and wave their two cup rings at Elmer
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:49 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:20 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:16 am Lol those prime 30 point seasons with his 30 hits and mentoring young players to play with grit and balls like his dad and uncles did.
For the record Bubbles likes 29 year old Backlund at $5.35 million for 6 years after this season and hates 29 year old Sutter for a $1 million less for 3 years after this season

Sensible
Backlund is a better two-way player. He was 4th in Selke voting last year. He's a much better player than Brandon Sutter. If Sutter's last name was Bonino the dude would have killed himself long ago.
4th in voting

I assume that's why the 29 year old was paid $1 million more per year than Sutter for 6 seasons after this until he's 35? Their point totals are similar
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

The Penguins (and Bonino) won two cups. In the 2016 playoffs Bonino was 4th on the team in scoring. You're embarrassing yourself.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

How are their point totals similar?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Crickets......
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:56 am

The Pens say hi and wave their two cup rings at Elmer
Because of Bonino? Crosby, Kessel, Letang and Malkin say hi
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:58 am How are their point totals similar?
Ok bubbles...in your twisted agenda they are MILES apart!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:58 am

The Penguins (and Bonino) won two cups. In the 2016 playoffs Bonino was 4th on the team in scoring. You're embarrassing yourself.
Nuckles stick to your love for Chiarellis amazing rebuild in Edmonton, its what you do best

Bonino - 8 goals 9 assists but that's OK, Nashville is paying for Bonino's cup ring from Pittsburgh
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:59 am

Crickets......
Dude's waiting for Doc to wake up and start archive machine! :D
Tag-team posting at it's best. ;)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:01 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:58 am How are their point totals similar?
They are. One guy has averaged close to 50 points per 82 over the last three years while the other is around 30. You’re better than this.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cornuck wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:05 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:59 am

Crickets......
Dude's waiting for Doc to wake up and start archive machine! :D
Tag-team posting at it's best. ;)
He needs someone to help him out. I was going to suggest an English and math teacher.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:08 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:01 am
They are. One guy has averaged close to 50 points per 82 over the last three years while the other is around 30. You’re better than this.
A primer on "Agenda"

Take a snippet of ones career (last 3 seasons) and compare "Point Totals Per 82 Game Season" to another. Whats note noted over these last 3 season comparibles - one player - Backlund - played 221 games, the other payer - Sutter - played 138 games. Agenda
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:04 am Bonino - 8 goals 9 assists but that's OK, Nashville is paying for Bonino's cup ring from Pittsburgh
So he's still putting up similar numbers to Sutter (Bonino .37ppg, Sutter .35ppg) while being less expensive? You're not helping your case here.

The Penguins got rid of Sutter because they (wisely) didn't want to pay him what the Canucks wound up paying him. They got a better offensive player, on a $1.8M cap hit for multiple seasons, saved enough money to add some depth (Fehr) and went out and won back to back cups. When time came to pay Bonino, they simply walked away. Excellent asset management.

If Benning had a re-do, I bet he would flip Bonino for picks/prospects to a team close to the cap. That contract was one of the best in the NHL and we failed to do anything to leverage that fact. Benning seems to learn from his mistakes, while you refuse to acknowledge he's made any.
Last edited by Island Nucklehead on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.