Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:48 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:39 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:13 pm some on here spin cart wheels that he can score at a low end third line level while getting fed 18 minutes a game.
Go home, you're drunk!
Being drunk doesn't make him wrong. :drink:
Well then what does make him wrong? :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:00 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:51 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:13 pm some on here spin cart wheels that he can score at a low end third line level while getting fed 18 minutes a game.
Go home, you're drunk!
And once again you lack a point
Point is you're hallucinating (again).

Who exactly is "spinning cart wheels about Granlund" in your alcohol induced fantasies?

You talk about "lacking a point" whilst smashing strawmen of your own making, I'll call you a cab...
In what world should he be a protected player for the Seattle expansion draft ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:03 pm
Mëds wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:48 pm
Go home, you're drunk!
Being drunk doesn't make him wrong. :drink:
Well then what does make him wrong? :mex:
Well I suppose being wrong would make him wrong. Just like it would for you.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:09 pm
Go home, you're drunk!

Who exactly is "spinning cart wheels about Granlund" in your alcohol induced fantasies?

You talk about "lacking a point" whilst smashing strawmen of your own making, I'll call you a cab...
Skyo already admitted he fucked that up...

Definitely doesn't amount to "some on here spinning cart wheels about Granlund".
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:15 pm Well I suppose being wrong would make him wrong. Just like it would for you.
Lol you don't even know what we're talking about here do you...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:17 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:09 pm
Go home, you're drunk!

Skyo already admitted he fucked that up...

Definitely doesn't amount to "some on here spinning cart wheels about Granlund".
He did ?

Awesome. Great to hear
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:23 pm He did ?

Awesome. Great to hear
I hope you're not operating heavy equipment right now.

"some on here spinning cart wheels about Granlund" indeed. :roll:

If that were truly happening you'd look good by way of comparison.

But it's not happening so... you're drunk!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It’s just refreshing to read a licker made a mistake.

One of these days one of the lickers will admit to an Elmer mistake.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:33 pm It’s just refreshing to read a licker made a mistake.

One of these days one of the lickers will admit to an Elmer mistake.
Blobcat.....Elmer doesn't make mistakes, he has learning experiences.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

lol ya'll crazy man.

ok back on trade topic!

JB should look to move Tanev for one of these youngin's Carlo, Liljegren, Foote.
Vanek for a 2nd or someone like Erne.

Looking at teams in cap trouble this offseason I'd vulture around the Blackhawks, Pens, Capitals(need cap space for Carlson UFA contract) and Wild (need cap space for Zucker and Dumba RFA contracts).

Might be able to snag a quality prospect or young gun along with a cap dump - to help em out cap space wise, as the Sedins $14M come off the books, even if they may re-sign for $3m a piece for a year.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

SKYO wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:42 pm ok back on trade topic!

JB should look to move Tanev for one of these youngin's Carlo, Liljegren, Foote.
Yes and yes. I will be intrigued to see what actually happens.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Well at this point, word is no one is offering a second, nor a third for Vanek this year. The most talked about is a fourth. Benning can’t afford to pull a Hamhuis on this one though. If that is all he is offered he should take the 4th.

Vanek wants a minimum 2 year contract to come back. We shouldn’t entertain that, at this point in our team development.

Benning’s best shot at a decent return are either or Tanev/Edler. Offers for Gudbranson don’t yet include picks. Which makes sense given he will be UFA.

Those expecting a huge TDD return will be disappointed once again. Last year we got a 4th and two prospects, only one of which we have seen play yet. I think a similar type of return this year would be good, excluding a Tanev/Edler type of move. Then I’d expect a 1st but it would likely be a playoff team and likely a contender so a late round 1st. Maybe just a high second and a decent prospect.

I would personally like to see trading all of the following, for whatever we could get:

Del Zotto
Hutton
Tanev
Gagne
Vanek
Ericksson

That’d be a good day in my book. Trim 15+ million off the cap. Open up 3D positions and 3 forward positions for next year. Re-sign the twins one year. Take a monster run at Karlsson.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:42 pm lol ya'll crazy man.

ok back on trade topic!

Looking at teams in cap trouble this offseason I'd vulture around the Blackhawks, Pens, Capitals(need cap space for Carlson UFA contract) and Wild (need cap space for Zucker and Dumba RFA contracts).

Might be able to snag a quality prospect or young gun along with a cap dump - to help em out cap space wise, as the Sedins $14M come off the books, even if they may re-sign for $3m a piece for a year.
I like what McIntyre said last night. If there was a second or third round pick out there for Vanek, he would probably already be gone. He just doesn’t think there is going to be a premium rental market this year for vets in that age group.

I’m sure Jim is looking for exactly what you say. But it’s probably not there. I won’t be surprised to see us get a 4th for Vanek.....at best a 3rd.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:33 am I would personally like to see trading all of the following, for whatever we could get:
Also yes. My list also includes any version Gudbranson who wants more than 3 million to re-sign.
Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:33 am Benning can’t afford to pull a Hamhuis on this one though.
I am eager to see which version of Benning was signed.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Friedman and McKenzie both have revealed what Benning said - picks and prospects are like Gold this year. Combine that with Vaneks history of a playoff no show, not surprised Benning is only getting offers like a 4th round pick

With what's being said don't see teams letting go of gold for UFA rentals like Gudbranson which is they are trying to resign him. I don't mind resigning Guds fir his toughness but not sure I could handle the Benning haters moans over a multi given to Guds

Hearing Benning go on about injuries, would not be surprised to see chris "Salo" Tanev traded, probably the only potential return that' would excite this city.

Hutton won't get us much, maybe a 3rd at best, but doubt it

Linden and Benning seem to really like the leadership in the room that MDZ provide, that revelation in the room tells you he's staying.

I like what Benning said in how at last years year in meetings the kids all said that Sutter was the vet they all turned to for advice, but hey let's not talk about the importance of having someone like that for the kids to lean on.

Really not expecting much action at the TDL but it's going to be joyful watching Halford, Brough, Bitchford, Patterson, Sekeres and Price jumping off cliffs from it
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau