The Rebuild...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Re: The Rebuild...

Post by mr perfect »

micky107 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:32 am Do not under estimate what this guy can bring. And, even next year.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... pid=177644
This is just another reason I think we are ready to cut some ties at the end of this year.
Word of caution on Adam Gaudette. In his last interview he stated he weighed 182 lb and has problems putting on weight. For those of you who will say it's OK because of Juolevi being 182 when drafted and Pettersen at 165 at the 2017 draft just remember they were 18 years old at the time and Gaudette was 21 years old being interviewed last fall. Juolevi has since built up to 198 lb. If Gaudette is to play a scrappy, poor man Ryan Kesler type game then take a look at Cole Cassels, who had a very good career in junior but has struggled with his game and injuries as a pro. Cassels weighs 184 lb and will be 23 years old in May.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cassels can’t skate though. I think size is the least of his problems
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

mr perfect wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:35 am
micky107 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:32 am Do not under estimate what this guy can bring. And, even next year.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... pid=177644
This is just another reason I think we are ready to cut some ties at the end of this year.
Word of caution on Adam Gaudette. In his last interview he stated he weighed 182 lb and has problems putting on weight. For those of you who will say it's OK because of Juolevi being 182 when drafted and Pettersen at 165 at the 2017 draft just remember they were 18 years old at the time and Gaudette was 21 years old being interviewed last fall. Juolevi has since built up to 198 lb. If Gaudette is to play a scrappy, poor man Ryan Kesler type game then take a look at Cole Cassels, who had a very good career in junior but has struggled with his game and injuries as a pro. Cassels weighs 184 lb and will be 23 years old in May.
You look at a player like Mike Peca, he was roughly two inches shorter and a couple pounds lighter (source Hockey DB) and look at the type of game he played. If the kid is fast enough and skilled enough (takes more than size to play physical IMO) he can play his style of game without having to be 200 lbs.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Reefer2 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:18 pm
Agree with most of your write except I don’t think for any reason within the next 2 season will anyone take LE. I am assuming based upon Strange that his last 2 seasons his actual pay goes down but it will allow a bottom feeder to reach the minimum cap.
What would you be willing to trade to an expansion team to take LE's contract in a draft?

I doubt a pick will do it, possibly a Goldobin/Hutton/Dahlen-level young player.

After this year he doesn't have an NMC, so I think we can count on keeping him until end of 2019 (earliest possible date for an expansion draft), then seeing some wheeling-dealing to get rid of him in the expansion. But unless he breaks out of his funk, they'll be paying a heavy price to get rid of that contract. Such a heavy price it may be worth re-considering...
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

ESQ wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:06 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:18 pm
Agree with most of your write except I don’t think for any reason within the next 2 season will anyone take LE. I am assuming based upon Strange that his last 2 seasons his actual pay goes down but it will allow a bottom feeder to reach the minimum cap.
What would you be willing to trade to an expansion team to take LE's contract in a draft?

I doubt a pick will do it, possibly a Goldobin/Hutton/Dahlen-level young player.

After this year he doesn't have an NMC, so I think we can count on keeping him until end of 2019 (earliest possible date for an expansion draft), then seeing some wheeling-dealing to get rid of him in the expansion. But unless he breaks out of his funk, they'll be paying a heavy price to get rid of that contract. Such a heavy price it may be worth re-considering...
All depends on when the deal is done, the later the less we have to pay but it may cost a 2nd or 3rd. Of course it really depends on how well he is playing.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It will cost a first
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Sedins retire would be the breathe of fresh air this franchise needs.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:37 pm Sedins retire would be the breathe of fresh air this franchise needs.
Moving Edler would be sufficient in that regard.

He’s the stalest piece of the old pie.

Hank and Dank back on 1 year deals at $4M or less would be fine for this team. They are on pace for 58 and 54 points respectively, most teams are paying $12M for 112 points these days, and their production has stepped up since Bo went down, so their points are again coming against the toughest competition.

It would require parting ways with Edler and one other vet to keep the transition going.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Nay, team needs a new facelift Mëds, Sedins and Edler gone this offseason is just what the doctor ordered.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:37 pm Sedins retire would be the breathe of fresh air this franchise needs.
Who do you replace them with (or fill their spots with)?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cornuck wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:09 am

Cornuck, in September the Sedins turn 38. Replace them with anybody.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I have a feeling the Dude got lit right up last night. Like pissing his pants, falling down, incoherent yelling, puking, bright red eyes drunk.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Who do you replace them with?
Horvat.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:44 am I have a feeling the Dude got lit right up last night. Like pissing his pants, falling down, incoherent yelling, puking, bright red eyes drunk.
Speak for yourself Otis. I imagine Bubbles followed his Friday routine, piss it up all night long at the Gilnetter with copius amounts of Russells beer by the pitcher, cheeseburger and fries for dinner, and then did his usual stumble drunk, mumble talk walk home along Kingsway only to end up passed out the rest of the night at the railroad tracks before lougheed
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Short term UFA, 2 year deals, like a Vanek deal.