Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove »

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:23 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:47 pm :lol:

Ronnings Ghost will be digging in here in 2 years to nail Doc to the timeline wall when or if theyre still a bottom feeder.
Yeah, I think Doc said that in 1-2 years the Canucks will be good enough to get everyone talking around here. Or something equally noncommittal. Big deal.
I said they will have already made the playoffs and won a round.

And looked good while losing in the 2nd round...

I said the majority of posters here will have their hopes up insofar as a possible playoff run the following season.

How many times would you like me to link to that my brother?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:24 pm
ukcanuck wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:50 pm geez Doc it seems like youre trying to say something :)
but what? Something about 1 - 2 maybe 3 or 4 years from now
:wow:

At first I thought this was a joke... that no one could possibly miss those 38 links and the information contained therein.

And then I saw your avatar. :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:25 pm
5thhorseman wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:23 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:47 pm :lol:

Ronnings Ghost will be digging in here in 2 years to nail Doc to the timeline wall when or if theyre still a bottom feeder.
Yeah, I think Doc said that in 1-2 years the Canucks will be good enough to get everyone talking around here. Or something equally noncommittal. Big deal.
I said they will have already made the playoffs and won a round.

And looked good while losing in the 2nd round...

I said the majority of posters here will have their hopes up insofar as a possible playoff run the following season.

How many times would you like me to link to that my brother?
Just put it in your signature, that will be enough. Skip the parts about "looking good" and possibilities.

And hey bro, glad to see I got a bit of a rise out of you (chuckle).
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

ukcanuck wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:50 pm geez Doc it seems like youre trying to say something :)
but what? Something about 1 - 2 maybe 3 or 4 years from now something good will happen in Vancouver.
Seems to me that Doc (and others) have been consistent since the hiring of Benning that any real success was between at least 3-5 years down the road.

It’s not exactly a precise science but history shows that outside of the generational talent or two it takes that long for a draft pick to develop into their potential.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

but what? Something about 1 - 2 maybe 3 or 4 years from now something good will happen in Vancouver.
Something good "may" happen.

Here's the issue Reefareeno, you'd like to deal in certainties - that's impossible. A precise prediction is impossible, the logical know this and predict possibilities. The Canucks are likely to have rebuilt from the Sedin era in 1-2 years and have a complete new core starting to enter their prime years. They'll have some great young talent and a different mindset.

At that point the chances of them making the playoffs and experiencing success are much higher!

There is no way to predict is something "will" happen, Canucks fans more than anyone know that.

If you micro analyze any other team you'll see the same thing, uncertainties cause blips. Good teams miss playoffs for a plethora of reasons. It takes a lot to equate to success in this league! One major injury can spell disaster, can't think of any team that if you took away their top players for months at a time would lead to any sort of success.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Fifty Fifty wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:42 pm I believe Tryamkin KHL contract ends in 19/20 and has no buy-out provision.
Correct:
If no out clause, a player can buyout his contract when pays 2/3 of the rest of contract to his team.

--

Given the length of contract and the cost for Tryamkin to buy it out, it’s fair to believe that he will play out the duration of his contract (ending 2020).

The Canucks retain Tryamkin’s NHL rights until July 1, 2022.
But cue the Godfather music - Tryamkin could buy out his contract with his own money, and then sign a lucrative Canucks contract with a sweet signing bonus - to get his money back so there is no tampering or whatever.

>>>> $4.5M per x 8 years for Tryamking, TG affirms top 4D minutes, fuck-it scenario, teams needs the beast. <<<<
Last edited by SKYO on Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

There has been plenty of induendo that Trymankin would like to come back after the second year. But he has also gone on record as saying he wants to return the NHL but has a three year contract and that’s all he wants to say about it until then.

By the way, is there such a thing as tampering between the NHL and KHL. I’ve understood that since there is no transfer agreement there is no tampering rule. Does anyone really believe Trymankin didn’t have contact with his KHL team before July 1st when his contract with us expired. In fact didn’t he announce well before July 1st that he was returning to KHL.

Point being that I’m sure the Canucks will keep close tabs on him and close contact with his agent. For him to keep developing in the KHL at this point is fine by me. I loved watching him play and develop here so I have been disappointed not being able to watch him. All the more reason to be excited when he returns.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:38 pm By the way, is there such a thing as tampering between the NHL and KHL. I’ve understood that since there is no transfer agreement there is no tampering rule.
That is my understanding as well.

There is no "transfer agreement" but there is a "memorandum of understanding"

... which enforces a mutual respect of contracts.

I think (could be wrong) this allows for negotiating with a player under contract in the other league

... for a new contract that would come into effect after the existing one expires.

Radulov signed with a KHL team in 2008 while he still had one year left on his Pred's contract.

The IIHF suspended him due to a perceived violation of said MoU, which had been signed earlier that month.

Well it turned out Radulov had signed with that KHL team a few days before said MoU was signed

... and so the IIHF lifted the ban = he had done nothing wrong.

So since the MoU came in (it has been renewed every year since) there can't be overlapping (if you will) contracts.

But teams in the NHL can negotiate with players playing in the KHL... as long as the contracts don't overlap.

It's common knowledge that KHL players can buyout the last year of their contract (pay 2/3 of the salary amount).

I have also read that an NHL team can legally include a bonus to a KHL player to cover that buyout.

(Leaves did that with some player a few years ago, but got into trouble because it was too high for an ELC)

I vaguely remember it happening a couple of other times... but yeah, doesn't happen very often.

Personally, I expect Nikita to return after the three years are up...
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I'd reckon Tryamkin plays one more season in the KHL then he'll get the urge to return to the greatest hockey league in the world.

p.s. Someone buy his wife a russian/english dictionary - happy wife/happy life yada yada in the 604.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Lots of talk and speculation.
Rules are made to be broken.
At the end of the day, I think it is and always has been about the best, longest term, $$$$$$
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Who will score their 4th goal first? Patrick, Domi or Ritchie? And will it happen before game 50 or after?

The battle of the two Sams, 45 games in:

Sam Reinhart - 7 goals 8 assists
Sam Bennett - 6 goals 11 assists

Are you still drafting these two top 5 in the 2014 draft? If not, where? Outside the top 10? And who you picking of the two?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Morgan Reilly placed on IR. Does this mean the leaves will be really chomping to get a Dman?
The only HW the Canucks need
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:47 pm I'd reckon Tryamkin plays one more season in the KHL then he'll get the urge to return to the greatest hockey league in the world.

p.s. Someone buy his wife a russian/english dictionary - happy wife/happy life yada yada in the 604.
My wife is happy in the 604 cause i'm in the 905 but I'm still paying her the doe ray me... The Fucking B****
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Beauvellier with another two goal game last night. That's two games in a row! It must drive "Oiler fans" batty seeing Eberle, Barzal and Beauvillier form one of the hottest lines in the NHL. Ohhhh, Chiarelli.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The organization that brought you Lowe's real fans, brings you Paul Coffee's defensive expertise.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.