US Erection 12 *AND* 16

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9582
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Topper » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:04 pm

Cornuck wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:57 pm
Trump said, "Haiti? Why do we want people from Haiti here?" Then they got Africa. 'Why do we want these people from all these shithole countries here? We should have more people from places like Norway."
MAWA
PJ O'Rourke said similar in his 1989 book, "Holidays In Hell" when discussing El Salvador.

Image
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 7442
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Cornuck » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:58 pm

So you see no difference between a humour writer and a US president calling other countries shitholes? (Especially when almost 1/2 the kids in the president's country live below or near poverty?).
2018-19 - The Road to 82

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9582
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Topper » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:55 am

Calling a spade a spade. This no BS, no PC approach is great.

The real question, is do you disagree with his description of those shitholes? Do you think they are panaceas of virtue?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 7442
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Cornuck » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:05 am

No - I don't think Africa is shithole (maybe he thinks it's a country?).

As for non-PC talk, that's all fine when it can't have implications for dealing with allies, trades, and other global implications - as long you're happy with the president shooting his mouth off, and being ignorant on many, many issues - then I'll leave it at that. Personally, I think people who represent others should choose their words a little more carefully.
2018-19 - The Road to 82

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8227
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by rats19 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:26 am

Reefer2 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:33 pm
Trump is an embarrassment at all levels.
If you want embarrassment pls read the following

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/year- ... le/2644159
You are who you hang with.....

User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 7442
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Cornuck » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:26 pm

Rats, you complain about bias in the media, and submit a website that has it's own extreme bias. But that's part of life in our bubbles these days.

Meanwhile...
Image

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 55326.html

As for the "shithole" comment- if he's so proud and smart, why does he deny it now? But then I guess everyone else is lying, and we should just trust trump because he so honest. :/

Time to leave this thread alone for a while - it's a great study is how people keep their opinions, and hold them stronger when challenged. We could post another 2300 posts and still be no closer to agreeing. ;)
2018-19 - The Road to 82

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8227
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by rats19 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:44 pm

Haha so true corn but it’s like a vacuum and we are dog hair...
You are who you hang with.....

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3670
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Reefer2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:41 pm

rats19 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:44 pm
Haha so true corn but it’s like a vacuum and we are dog hair...
Idle hands are the work of the devil.

User avatar
5thhorseman
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 924
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by 5thhorseman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:18 pm

Reef sure seems like a fun guy to be around!

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9582
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Topper » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:35 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:41 pm
rats19 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:44 pm
Haha so true corn but it’s like a vacuum and we are dog hair...
Idle hands are the work of the devil.
When did you join the religious right?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Legend
Posts: 3399
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by ukcanuck » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:29 pm

Cornuck wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:26 pm
Rats, you complain about bias in the media, and submit a website that has it's own extreme bias. But that's part of life in our bubbles these days.

Meanwhile...
Image

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 55326.html

As for the "shithole" comment- if he's so proud and smart, why does he deny it now? But then I guess everyone else is lying, and we should just trust trump because he so honest. :/

Time to leave this thread alone for a while - it's a great study is how people keep their opinions, and hold them stronger when challenged. We could post another 2300 posts and still be no closer to agreeing. ;)
The real reason he cancelled is because London is a multicultural liberal city and they fucking hate Donald trump.
It would be nothing but protests and bad PR for Donald if he showed his face.

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9096
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by SKYO » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:10 pm

" President Donald Trump agreed on Thursday to meet with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un by May after Kim pledged to refrain from further nuclear tests and move toward denuclearization, according to South Korean officials. "

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white- ... un-n855051
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 16986
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Strangelove » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:29 pm

SKYO wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:10 pm
" President Donald Trump agreed on Thursday to meet with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un by May after Kim pledged to refrain from further nuclear tests and move toward denuclearization, according to South Korean officials. "

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white- ... un-n855051
See, Lord Trump's methods work! :thumbs:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 3509
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Per » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:59 pm

SKYO wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:10 pm
" President Donald Trump agreed on Thursday to meet with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un by May after Kim pledged to refrain from further nuclear tests and move toward denuclearization, according to South Korean officials. "

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white- ... un-n855051
Imagine.... Trump and Kim Jong Un in the same room...

Can we get Putin in there as well, and then just lock the door?

:look:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 3509
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Per » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:00 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:29 pm
SKYO wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:10 pm
" President Donald Trump agreed on Thursday to meet with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un by May after Kim pledged to refrain from further nuclear tests and move toward denuclearization, according to South Korean officials. "

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white- ... un-n855051
See, Lord Trump's methods work! :thumbs:
I like how you call him Lord Trump. Has a nice ring to it.
Like Lord Voldemort.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

Post Reply