Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:49 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:47 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:41 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:15 pm .
^^ See wot I mean... is he stupid on purpose or by accident? :wink:

He's 100% convinced no one can tell!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I expect to see some deals come by the TDD, some good ones that brings back picks and prospects.

Insightful, enthralling, masterful, enlightening! The whole kit and caboodle! I expect corn in my shit after eating corn.
so goooooood you had to say it twice.

RD is that you trying to get away but your master keeps you close?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hey Bubbles put a leash on your Gimp - Ruffles
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:41 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:15 pm .
^^ See wot I mean... is he stupid on purpose or by accident? :wink:

He's 100% convinced no one can tell!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, ya got me.

Skyo I am having fun with ya, relax, I like to watch puppet master lose his marbles.
Ya it's... W O R K I N G... buddy.

NO ONE around here has a bullshit detector.

It's working... everyone here believes you when you say you're just being stupid on purpose. :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:59 pm Hey Bubbles put a leash on your Gimp - Ruffles
And a helmet.
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:04 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:59 pm Hey Bubbles put a leash on your Gimp - Ruffles
And a helmet.
Hey PM, how do you manage the 2 accounts, must be hard to remember who you are posting as isn’t it?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

It's ok reefer, everyone knows on the interwebs you are not the most intelligent poster of hockey, just tend to your fishes and stick to whatever it is that your good at besides hockey.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

SKYO wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:11 am It's ok reefer, everyone knows on the interwebs you are not the most intelligent poster of hockey, just tend to your fishes and stick to whatever it is that your good at besides hockey.
I would say the same to you.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Holy fuck this flame war is in every thread...when will it end!

Try to slip in the odd relevant comment at least...its pretty lame to have to wade through page after page of drivel
If you need air...call it in
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:42 am Holy fuck this flame war is in every thread...when will it end!

Try to slip in the odd relevant comment at least...its pretty lame to have to wade through page after page of drivel
You are right UDL.

I will keep it relevant now.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Heard on the radio going home that Gudbranson could fetch a 2nd round pick and a prospect but not sure what level of prospect it is.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

In the new-lotto system, obtaining additional first-rounders from bubble teams is way more valuable. Every year has seen a team "win" the lottery and jump up the standings, last year there was 2 winners (and the Canucks were in the pack of losers).

I think there are a few desperate teams that may miss the playoffs, and who will likely wind up with the same chance at 1st overall as Philly - Pittsburgh (though they'll likely squeak in), Minnesota, Anaheim, NYI (who currently also hold Calgary's 1st), Carolina, Colorado.

Being a less-deep draft, it'll be interesting to see if many 1sts end up moving. If you can package rentals with 2nds to get additional 1sts, I'd do it.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Last years lotto proved that tanking is fools gold. Didn't The Devils have 5th best odds and the Flyers 9th best odds? The Matthews draft the Jets leap frogged from 5th to 2nd or was it 6th?

Being that the top 5 picks in this draft are excellent prospects I'd be more focused on staying in the top 5 after the lotto than crossing your fingers for Rasmus. So yeah tanking for top 3-4 best odds makes sense, hoping you don't get bounced out of the top 5 but holding out hope to win the 1st pick is just setting you up for disappointment

Any of Dahlin, Boqvist, Tkachuk, Zadina, Svechnikov is a lotto win
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:45 pm Last years lotto proved that tanking is fools gold. Didn't The Devils have 5th best odds and the Flyers 9th best odds? The Matthews draft the Jets leap frogged from 5th to 2nd or was it 6th?

Being that the top 5 picks in this draft are excellent prospects I'd be more focused on staying in the top 5 after the lotto than crossing your fingers for Rasmus. So yeah tanking for top 3-4 best odds makes sense, hoping you don't get bounced out of the top 5 but holding out hope to win the 1st pick is just setting you up for disappointment

Any of Dahlin, Boqvist, Tkachuk, Zadina, Svechnikov is a lotto win
I would steer very clear of Russians. They just don't generally by into the team model and are content with individual accomplishments.

Other than most of the Swedes, and a handful of Fins, the buy-in for for team first, and the drive for the Cup above all others just doesn't compute for players from outside of North America. If you are a hockey player in North America, you grow up knowing that the Stanley Cup is the be all and end all of hockey grail's. It makes a big difference when it's time to grab that playoff gear or put the team ahead of individual career concerns in order to maximize the chances of winning in late spring.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds s drinking Don Cherrys koolaid. What a pile of horseshit!

Forsberg
Datyuk
Lidstrom
Rinne
Barkov
Kucherov
Kopitar
Zetterberg
Malkin
Ovechkin
Kuszentsiv
Tarasenko
Sedins
Nylander
Voracek
Backstroke
Josi
OEL
Karslsson
Selanne
Sergachyov
Blah
Blah
Blah
Add hundreds of more euro superstars to the list
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I'm with Mëds insofar as Russians.

Purely anecdotal, but unless you're the Capitals or Lightning, don't waste a high draft pick on a Russian.