Canucks 2017/18 1st Quarter Report Card

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8433
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: Canucks 2017/18 1st Quarter Report Card

Post by rats19 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:43 am

I am sure whining about it will fix that right up reef.
You are who you hang with.....

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9903
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Canucks 2017/18 1st Quarter Report Card

Post by Topper » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:29 am

On point.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3978
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: Canucks 2017/18 1st Quarter Report Card

Post by Reefer2 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:54 pm

rats19 wrote:I am sure whining about it will fix that right up reef.
Lol what whining, I stated a truth or is that not allowed here anymore.

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9903
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Canucks 2017/18 1st Quarter Report Card

Post by Topper » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:09 pm

Truth, Justice and the American Way.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8433
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: Canucks 2017/18 1st Quarter Report Card

Post by rats19 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:16 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
rats19 wrote:I am sure whining about it will fix that right up reef.
Lol what whining, I stated a truth or is that not allowed here anymore.
Just because something may or may not be true.... doesn’t exempt constant complaints from being interpreted as “whining”

Usually the guy who complains about the ground ... just missed the ball :mex:
You are who you hang with.....

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3978
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: Canucks 2017/18 1st Quarter Report Card

Post by Reefer2 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:18 pm

rats19 wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:
rats19 wrote:I am sure whining about it will fix that right up reef.
Lol what whining, I stated a truth or is that not allowed here anymore.
Just because something may or may not be true.... doesn’t exempt constant complaints from being interpreted as “whining”

Usually the guy who complains about the ground ... just missed the ball :mex:

Lol sure Rats, nice to see limited visabilty by the mods.

Why don’t you say something about the constant homerism.

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8433
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: Canucks 2017/18 1st Quarter Report Card

Post by rats19 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:24 pm

Explain the homerism comment a bit more for me please.

Do you mean towards the team or certain members?
You are who you hang with.....

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11464
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks 2017/18 1st Quarter Report Card

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:31 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Bubbles lost his shit on Benning because

- traded Shinkaruk for Granlund
- traded a 2nd for Baertschi
- traded Lack for a 3rd and a 7th
- traded a 3rd for Dorsett
- traded a 2nd for Vey
- Dorsetts contract
- signed Sbisa to a 3 year $3.6 million per contract with no NTC
- traded Bonino, 2nd pick and Clendenning for Sutter and a 3rd (Lockwood)
- Sutters contract
- traded Mallet and a 3rd for Pedan (Pouliot)
- traded headcase (McCann) and a 2nd for Gudbranson
- Didn't trade Hamhius at the deadline
- Didn't trade Vrbata at the deadline
- drafted Juolevi instead of Tkachuk
- Erikssons contract

Bubbles in a nutshell
Yawn ... shit .... on the Dudes sort of chest.
I was wrong on the Granlund trade because Shinkaruk has proven to be garbage.Granny is a legit bottom sixer.

I didn’t bitch about the Baertschi or Dorsett trades and if I did it was minimal. Dorsett is slightly overpaid but he provides toughness which you and your piss posse hate , so this is a weird thing to comment on . I ended up being wrong on the return for Lack as I thought he should return a haul similar to Talbot. I was pretty much right about the rest. Excuse me while I pull my cock out of your mouth
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11464
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks 2017/18 1st Quarter Report Card

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:36 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
rats19 wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:
rats19 wrote:I am sure whining about it will fix that right up reef.
Lol what whining, I stated a truth or is that not allowed here anymore.
Just because something may or may not be true.... doesn’t exempt constant complaints from being interpreted as “whining”

Usually the guy who complains about the ground ... just missed the ball :mex:

Lol sure Rats, nice to see limited visabilty by the mods.

Why don’t you say something about the constant homerism.
Just hammer the fuck out of the homers like I do Reef. You can still be a fan without Jim Bennings prick in your mouth. A few on this board havent figured that out. I guess they are either blind or their mouth is full.
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17653
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks 2017/18 1st Quarter Report Card

Post by Strangelove » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:53 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
rats19 wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:
rats19 wrote:I am sure whining about it will fix that right up reef.
Lol what whining, I stated a truth or is that not allowed here anymore.
Just because something may or may not be true.... doesn’t exempt constant complaints from being interpreted as “whining”

Usually the guy who complains about the ground ... just missed the ball :mex:

Lol sure Rats, nice to see limited visabilty by the mods.

Why don’t you say something about the constant homerism.
I refuse to comment on poster Reefer's constant whining...
Strangelove wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Reefer2 wrote: If you want another Calgary Puck here where posters have their heads up their ass and only see things one way then that’s your prerogative especially since you are the almighty mod.
You are implying that I am somehow using my mod powers to control opinions posted here.

Would you mind explaining yourself?

This reminds me of the time you posted about mods editing your posts.

When informed that there is proof this was not happening (mod logs)

... you, in rather weaselly fashion, backed off on your claims.
Glad your back Doc, things are boring without you here.

Still dont read your full posts because you can Enron any comment the way you want.
Some say poster Reefer sometimes plays dumb... but he doesn't play much.

Many simply state that poster Reefer represents the idiocy of today.

But the "Almighty" Strangelove refuses to comment on these things...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17653
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks 2017/18 1st Quarter Report Card

Post by Strangelove » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:55 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Just hammer the fuck out of the homers like I do
viewtopic.php?p=291596#p291596

:mex:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17653
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks 2017/18 1st Quarter Report Card

Post by Strangelove » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:56 pm

Hockey Widow wrote: Well Linden did disclose that had they won the draft lottery, or one of the top two positions, they were not going to select either of the players that went 1-2. So Nico and Nolan were not our first choice(s). He did not disclose if it still would have been Pettersson however. I remember thinking, thank gawd we didn't win the draft lottery. Can you imagine how insane the fan base would have been after passing on Taychook to pass on one of those two? It was bad enough that he passed on Glass!
If you heard the actual radio interview you would realize Linden was kidding.

It was clearly a tongue-in-cheek response to a question in let's-stir-it-up fashion.

(poking fun at all the why-didn't-they-take-Tkapuke talk)

I think I provided a link to the actual interview a while back...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11987
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks 2017/18 1st Quarter Report Card

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:51 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Bubbles lost his shit on Benning because

- traded Shinkaruk for Granlund
- traded a 2nd for Baertschi
- traded Lack for a 3rd and a 7th
- traded a 3rd for Dorsett
- traded a 2nd for Vey
- Dorsetts contract
- signed Sbisa to a 3 year $3.6 million per contract with no NTC
- traded Bonino, 2nd pick and Clendenning for Sutter and a 3rd (Lockwood)
- Sutters contract
- traded Mallet and a 3rd for Pedan (Pouliot)
- traded headcase (McCann) and a 2nd for Gudbranson
- Didn't trade Hamhius at the deadline
- Didn't trade Vrbata at the deadline
- drafted Juolevi instead of Tkachuk
- Erikssons contract

Bubbles in a nutshell
I was pretty much right about the rest.
The "rest"? Your path of righteousness. Carry the news, spread the word, hurry, your support network is dwindling. 1-2 years is fast approaching

Get on the Bus, Bubbles before it's too late, you can redeem yourself
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11464
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks 2017/18 1st Quarter Report Card

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:14 am

I have and will always be a fan of the team. I’m just capable of balanced, critical thinking which is clearly a foreign concept to some people on this board
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3978
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: Canucks 2017/18 1st Quarter Report Card

Post by Reefer2 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:15 am

rats19 wrote:Explain the homerism comment a bit more for me please.

Do you mean towards the team or certain members?
I’m talking about RD and to some point Doc on how they do nothing but praise Benning for everything. RD posted 4-5 times already Saturday morning parroting the same thing over and over again. No one tells him to let it go but God help anyone who calls him on it because then we get called a whiner.

Does anyone ever think about why we get so few new people joining here? Maybe because if you try to have a debate or have a different option you get Doc with his quantity but not quality responses or parrot aka RD. I have no problem with a heated debate, I believe there is some good discussions when posters argue their point. Yes we all get out of hand with name calling which could be reduced.

Yes Doc, before you post a response trying to show how I, in your opinion, am wrong or I have contradicted myself, I am as guilty as others.

I do not think Benning is close to being a genius, he has done what any good GM should do in his position. I also believe to some extent that he was forced to sign LE by ownership.

Anyway I really enjoy this version of the Canucks, I like the speed, the tenacity in many games. That does not make Benning a genius.

Post Reply