Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Not that we would want Duchene, but wow!!! What a return for the Av's!!!

WWWAAAAYYY too much for Duchene! Glad we were not part of the gang rape by Colorado
(Is it still a gang rape if one person does it to multiplies at the same time??!? Or do we say that Colorado raped a gang??!??)
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So how long has the Avalanches current rebuild gone on for now? Must be year 10. When was Duchene drafted? What a rebuild

The two darlings of the 2013 draft - McKinnon and Drouin contine to bust badly. 3 goals 9 assists for the Great generational - McKinnon and 2 goals and 8 assists for Drouin. Habs will regret trading Sergachyov
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol Mackinnon has 14 points in 14 games.

Tavares is done.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

With a return like that let's trade Horvat! Jkjkjk

But, it is an insane return.
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A recent comparable to Duchene would be the Taylor Hall trade and that was a straight up 1 for 1 deal. You could say there were some social warts to Hall that hurt his value.

Preds and Sens are looking at the here and now. If you are Nate McKinnon, you may be calling Kesler for advise.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote:So how long has the Avalanches current rebuild gone on for now? Must be year 10. When was Duchene drafted? What a rebuild

The two darlings of the 2013 draft - McKinnon and Drouin contine to bust badly. 3 goals 9 assists for the Great generational - McKinnon and 2 goals and 8 assists for Drouin. Habs will regret trading Sergachyov
RD, some serious advice. What ever your smoking or drinking, stop.

You make little sense in most of your posts. You back peddle faster that a politician. You have selective memory. You sqwak like a parrot saying the same thing over and over again.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I wouldn't have wanted the Vehicle to give up that many picks for Duchene, never mind the prospects.

But it's funny that 2nds and 3rds got thrown into that deal, they were totally unnecessary and just pissed away.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: That is a hell of a haul for Duchene for Sakic .Three picks and three good prospects for the guy.

... Sakic made out like a bandit.
Extremely unlikely any of those assets turns out to be anywhere near as valuable as Duchene.

Sakic got quantity for quality, I think you would agree.

But hey, they're in an eternal rebuild as the Dude said, so what the fuck...
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Nashville now has a real nice 1-2 punch in the middle to go with that back end
Yup (although they had to give Turris more than ideal term).
Blob Mckenzie wrote: and Ottawa gets a very dynamic player in Duchene but if he walks in 2019 this deal will bite them in the ass big time.
If Ottawa can't extend Duchene, they will recoup assets by trading him.

All that said, this could trade could work out for all 3 teams...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

A trade like this was possible largely because Nashville only has "One" more thing to do and they want it bad.
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

micky107 wrote:A trade like this was possible largely because Nashville only has "One" more thing to do and they want it bad.
I'm sure they could use Eriksson and Vanek for a Cup run no? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

No fan of the primadonna - Duchene, but as Doc says it's quantity over quality, similar to the failed - O'Reilly return. After the O'Reilly experience ya think Sakic would have learned from it and got more of a sure thing in return. It's a gamble in the asset mgmt department, he better hope at least one of those picks and prospects turn out.

Is that so called "generational" player - McKinnon next to go for quantity?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

3 against a thousand. Toughest 3 we ever faced.

Madcombinepilot wrote:Not that we would want Duchene, but wow!!! What a return for the Av's!!!

WWWAAAAYYY too much for Duchene! Glad we were not part of the gang rape by Colorado
(Is it still a gang rape if one person does it to multiplies at the same time??!? Or do we say that Colorado raped a gang??!??)
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

RoyalDude wrote:No fan of the primadonna - Duchene, but as Doc says it's quantity over quality, similar to the failed - O'Reilly return. After the O'Reilly experience ya think Sakic would have learned from it and got more of a sure thing in return. It's a gamble in the asset mgmt department, he better hope at least one of those picks and prospects turn out.

Hard to call 3 good draft picks "Quantity" A 1st, a 2nd, and a 3rd are definitely quality picks. Sakic managed to grab both quality and quantity.

Seems to me that Turris , Bowers and a 2nd would have been fair for Duchene. The other picks and players are pure gravy, and will likely hurt Ottawa in 3-5 years.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Tciso wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:No fan of the primadonna - Duchene, but as Doc says it's quantity over quality, similar to the failed - O'Reilly return. After the O'Reilly experience ya think Sakic would have learned from it and got more of a sure thing in return. It's a gamble in the asset mgmt department, he better hope at least one of those picks and prospects turn out.

Hard to call 3 good draft picks "Quantity" A 1st, a 2nd, and a 3rd are definitely quality picks. Sakic managed to grab both quality and quantity.

Seems to me that Turris , Bowers and a 2nd would have been fair for Duchene. The other picks and players are pure gravy, and will likely hurt Ottawa in 3-5 years.
So draft picks are a sure thing? Did not know that. The first could end up being a non lottery pick, good chance of that
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hamburger was a throw in dump bonus for the Sens.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.