The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
BigTuna wrote: Not to mention, guys like Bracco, Dermotand Brooks had great seasons
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Of course, the second and 3rd round guys suck, but this year, not having enough in the second and 3rd rounds will be the end of the leaves!
Just because you made some bad selections over the last few years doesn't mean you stop drafting. :hmmm:
BigTuna wrote: And BTW, that 17th overall pick sucks! If only they had a guy 50th overall!
I never said he sucks, it's too soon to determine if he sucks, hell he was just drafted 2 weeks ago!

All I did was dispute your dubious claim that he's a "blue chipper"

... and that he's "the steal of the draft". :roll:
____
Try to focus on someday.
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Strangelove wrote:^ Great post Paddy! :thumbs:

(except for the Leaves eventually winning part of course)

I'm willing to admit my epic hatred of the Leaves might not be 100% rational.

(though I can list many reasons)

But it is a mighty, eternal hatred indeed. :devil:

Yes I know of all the reasons we have for hating the Flames

... but I cheer for them with a passion when they play the Leaves. :twisted:

Water is wet, sky is up, Strangelove hates the Leaves, who can grasp the whys...
I hope the vindictiveness pays off Like I said i don't quite understand it too each there own I don't judge... Having said that it feels different with that team they have decent management and players at the same time and play in a horrible conference they have a shot to do something but Like I said the window is two years after that who knows but if u can tread water for two years with your hatred and hope Crosby stays healthy during that time period I think you will be in good shape as far as seeing them fail...

U might have to sweat out the next two years tho cause they will be all in to try and make it work before they have to pay good pieces...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Darlings of Hockey Canada - leaves and Oilers

Oilers 3rd best odds to draft McDavid or Eichel win the lottery and draft McDavid
Coyotes have the best odds at drafting McDavid or Eichel drop to 3rd pick - Strome - Ouch

Canucks 3rd best odds to draft one of Matthews or Laine fall back to 5th
leaves best odds to draft Matthews or Laine stay put at 1st

The leaves and Oilers are Genius rebuilders
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote:The Darlings of Hockey Canada - leaves and Oilers

Oilers 3rd best odds to draft McDavid or Eichel win the lottery and draft McDavid
Coyotes have the best odds at drafting McDavid or Eichel drop to 3rd pick - Strome - Ouch

I do agree it takes some "Luck" in having a rebuild go well. But at least the leaves made very good moves aside from the draft picks. (Adding Babcock, signed a solid young RH D-Man for free when others are trading a Taylor Hall for one, Adding Lou, Dubas, Hunter to the management team, ETC)

Like I said before, and it's been disputed by Doc, but getting Tim Liljegren 17th overall was another massive lucky break at the draft for the leaves. He's exactly what they are missing and he does indeed possess that bluechip talent you rarely see at 17th overall.

The Marner pick wasn't luck, it took balls to take the small forward over Strome and Hanifan. But it looks like a great call right now. Strome just doesn't have the skating ability to be a true #1 C. If you go back 2 years ago, many thought the leaves made a bad mistake.

And Nylander should have been gone before the 8th pick (Talking to you Canucks). Thanks for that break.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

What's the price for JVR ???
"evolution"
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

micky107 wrote:What's the price for JVR ???
Not sure, but he should have nice value. I am not convinced he'll be moved asap though.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

BigTuna wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:The Darlings of Hockey Canada - leaves and Oilers

I do agree it takes some "Luck" in having a rebuild go well. But at least the leaves made very good moves aside from the draft picks. (Adding Babcock, signed a solid young RH D-Man for free when others are trading a Taylor Hall for one, Adding Lou, Dubas, Hunter to the management team, ETC)

Like I said before, and it's been disputed by Doc, but getting Tim Liljegren 17th overall was another massive lucky break at the draft for the leaves. He's exactly what they are missing and he does indeed possess that bluechip talent you rarely see at 17th overall.

The Marner pick wasn't luck, it took balls to take the small forward over Strome and Hanifan. But it looks like a great call right now. Strome just doesn't have the skating ability to be a true #1 C. If you go back 2 years ago, many thought the leaves made a bad mistake.

And Nylander should have been gone before the 8th pick (Talking to you Canucks). Thanks for that break.
Lol there's mouth breathers on this board that still think Virtanen will be a better player than Nylander
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Lol there's mouth breathers on this board that still think Virtanen will be a better player than Nylander
OMG Blob giving Tuna the ole Harry Neale...

Again.

Hey Blob, save some of that sugar for Bountiful Bingo!

Oh no, he's not bitter, he hasn't devolved into a thirsty troll, he can totally handle a rebuild! :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

BTW, interesting article. The leaves cap situation is fine and Brown will be signed asap.

https://theathletic.com/74826/2017/07/1 ... -cap-hell/
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Lol there's mouth breathers on this board that still think Virtanen will be a better player than Nylander
OMG Blob giving Tuna the ole Harry Neale...

Again.

Hey Blob, save some of that sugar for Bountiful Bingo!

Oh no, he's not bitter, he hasn't devolved into a thirsty troll, he can totally handle a rebuild! :lol:
And again you can make little sense. I just pointed out there's a number of you guzzlers that still wouldn't trade Jake for Nylander and you lose your shit. You have become the biggest troll and its laughable when you accuse others of this tactic.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

^ Whatever you say Skintag Necklace! :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote:BTW, interesting article. The leaves cap situation is fine and Brown will be signed asap.

https://theathletic.com/74826/2017/07/1 ... -cap-hell/
You're paying money to read Mirtle?!! :lol:

OMG wot a SCHMUCK!

Ummm... try this article:

https://www.capfriendly.com/articles/39 ... aple-leaves
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote:^ Whatever you say Skintag Necklace! :lol:
Ok Ice Puppet
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Strangelove wrote:^ Whatever you say Skintag Necklace! :lol:
Ok Ice Puppet
Why cant you 2 just be friends, bury the hatchet (not in each other) and have a beer......

Ah screw it, its summer and boring as hell and actually funny to watch you 2 go at it and RD being owned time after time 8-)
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Lol go figure, the Laffs are in salary cap hell and the NHL changes the rules to allow the cap-circumvention.