2017 Development Camp

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: 2017 Development Camp

Post by 2Fingers »

I'm a Canuck fan so I'm prepared for disappointment.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote:I'm a Canuck fan so I'm prepared for disappointment.
No, you're just weak
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Jovocop wrote:Where is Lockwood?
Kuzma said: "he wasn't ready to compete after shoulder surgery in April."
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

SKYO wrote:
Too bad, he is one of the prospects that we normally don't have much chances of watching. According to Kenward, Gaudette chirped a lot during the game yesterday. Are the Canucks finally getting a Kesler replacement? :mrgreen:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Jovocop wrote:
SKYO wrote:
Too bad, he is one of the prospects that we normally don't have much chances of watching. According to Kenward, Gaudette chirped a lot during the game yesterday. Are the Canucks finally getting a Kesler replacement? :mrgreen:
You bet! Gaudette is THE one. This is our lottery win. This is the kind of thing we pray for.
This is JB, at his best.
How the hell did he know so much?
Very strong advise from, as Topper would say, The Little Trojan!
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Just from the clips I watched I really liked Gaudette's attitude. Hard to the net, takes the body, fast and has skill. Well ok not too fast. He needs to keep working on his skating but from what I've read he knows that and has a plan in place. Sounds like his goal is to go pro as soon as this upcoming season is done.

He took a lot of pride being matched up against the new Swedish Sister's. Wanted to show everyone that even though he was a lower draft pick he could match up with them. From all accounts he did just that, was physical and scored twice.

Looks like size is in the system, Gaudette, Virtanen, Jonah, MCEwan, Gunnerson, just to name a few.

No question we are still a couple years out from being a playoff hopeful, ya of course if the universe aligns we can make it earlier, but it is beginning to feel like we have players at various levels that will fill out the team nicely.

Juolevi and Gunnerson look almost ready. I'm getting more on board with trading Tanev, maybe next year though. See how Gudbranson rebounds this year and how Del Zotto fits.
The only HW the Canucks need
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

Looks like size is in the system, Gaudette, Virtanen, Jonah, MCEwan, Gunnerson, just to name a few

Don't forget my favorite dark horse pick, Cederholm...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWN3XPLD52B/

Take care...
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I had a chance to go see the prospects game. It was pretty cool, the best thing was the free food and drinks. The Canucks do a pretty good job in trying to woo the season ticket holders. :P

I'd say Pettersson and Gaudette stood out the most. Pettersson got roughed up a bit, but he came back and scored a goal. He scored twice with that forehand deke, seems to be his go to move. Hopefully he can work on some other moves and build an array of ways to score 1-1, so he won't be just a 1 trick pony (ahem.. Burr). Gotta give him credit though, he finds way to score and generate offense. Gaudette looked a bit slow when I watched his video clips, but does seem faster when watching him live. For the most part, he keeps up. Dahlen was ok. He had some chances, but couldn't capitalize, probably needs time back in Sweden or Utica. Boy, Molino has great wheels, but not sure he has the hands; although he set up Gaudette on a nice rush. Gadjovich and Lind didn't do much, they seem to be maybe a little apprehensive in their first pro camp and maybe just taking a back seat to take everything in. Palmu is short in stature, but does look built like a tank and seems to have pretty good wheels. He had some chances, but couldn't score.

On D, I was more curious watching our forwards more, so didn't notice Juolevi much. Brisebois looks a bit like Edler out there, but probably minus the offense. Gunnersson took a nice run @ Boeser and just missed him. He's probably our next Cederholm type project. There's a guy I never heard of in Jalen Chatfield, might an invite just to give him a look, he looks a bit like Tanev out there. Simon Chen got some cheers, a special invite from China; boy, he's really small out there compared to the others. In the nets, I couldn't find Dipietro, think he split time @ the other end, so couldn't really watch him.

Boy, watching these guys live and up close, u get to appreciate how big and fast these guys are. There's not much seperation from them and NHL players. If I was totally new to hockey and didn't know any player's names, I probably wouldn't notice much difference between this game and an NHL game.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:I had a chance to go see the prospects game. It was pretty cool, the best thing was the free food and drinks. The Canucks do a pretty good job in trying to woo the season ticket holders. :P

I'd say Pettersson and Gaudette stood out the most. Pettersson got roughed up a bit, but he came back and scored a goal. He scored twice with that forehand deke, seems to be his go to move. Hopefully he can work on some other moves and build an array of ways to score 1-1, so he won't be just a 1 trick pony (ahem.. Burr). Gotta give him credit though, he finds way to score and generate offense. Gaudette looked a bit slow when I watched his video clips, but does seem faster when watching him live. For the most part, he keeps up. Dahlen was ok. He had some chances, but couldn't capitalize, probably needs time back in Sweden or Utica. Boy, Molino has great wheels, but not sure he has the hands; although he set up Gaudette on a nice rush. Gadjovich and Lind didn't do much, they seem to be maybe a little apprehensive in their first pro camp and maybe just taking a back seat to take everything in. Palmu is short in stature, but does look built like a tank and seems to have pretty good wheels. He had some chances, but couldn't score.

On D, I was more curious watching our forwards more, so didn't notice Juolevi much. Brisebois looks a bit like Edler out there, but probably minus the offense. Gunnersson took a nice run @ Boeser and just missed him. He's probably our next Cederholm type project. There's a guy I never heard of in Jalen Chatfield, might an invite just to give him a look, he looks a bit like Tanev out there. Simon Chen got some cheers, a special invite from China; boy, he's really small out there compared to the others. In the nets, I couldn't find Dipietro, think he split time @ the other end, so couldn't really watch him.

Boy, watching these guys live and up close, u get to appreciate how big and fast these guys are. There's not much seperation from them and NHL players. If I was totally new to hockey and didn't know any player's names, I probably wouldn't notice much difference between this game and an NHL game.
Wasn't chatfield the overage CHL guy they signed end of the season?
The only HW the Canucks need
bckev
CC Veteran

Post by bckev »

The signed Chatfield already.
lostinarink
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by lostinarink »

rikster wrote:
Looks like size is in the system, Gaudette, Virtanen, Jonah, MCEwan, Gunnerson, just to name a few

Take care...
My favorite dark horse is Jasek. Watched him at Shawnigan - he reminded me of Bure: fast and shifty. I wonder if he is still just 165 pounds though :( He was clearly too good for the Czech 2 league but wasn't able to make any waves at the Czech level - I assume that he needs to build his strength. With a 2 year contract with Bili Tygri Liberec (Czech) and only still 19 (Aug 28 birthday), it will be interesting to see if he will be able, at that level, to develop into the PPG+ levels he has had previously.
givemeda411
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by givemeda411 »

Jalen Chatfield is a guy you`d want to watch for. I was at last night`s game and he was pretty good defensively, I forgot who had a partial break away and he was able to race back....back check well enough to take the puck away. He had a goal on his former team-mate Dipietro...or maybe he knew his weak spot. And other goal in the shoot out.

Played for Windors Spitfires, 2017 Memorial Cup champs. He played behind Sergachev and Day, both expected to make the NHL. The kid is a late bloomer, two way dman and a righty too! As of right now, the kid is better then Yannick Weber.

I believe he`ll be in Utica next season.
CrzyCanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Boi oh Boi Bennings prospect pool in 4 years of drafting vs Gillis prospect pool in 6 years of drafting is insanely better. Not even close, not in the same league. One is a pro, the other "Gillis" an amateur.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

rikster wrote:

Take care...
Cederholm isn't a dark horse he's more like a horse with two busted legs and a swayback.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”