Can we overcome this adversity? Will we make it?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Will our Canucks make the Playoffs?

Yes
61%
No
39%

Total votes: 44

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Can we overcome this adversity? Will we make it?

Post by mattola »

I have some serious doubts about this teams passion/commitment/desire/belief.
Cajanek_Dvacet sest
AHL Prospect

Post by Cajanek_Dvacet sest »

joining the Blues at the golf course so they can lose again. not :o
LP
AHL Prospect

Post by LP »

Not a chance. This will be underscored by the end of the week when they lose 2 of 3 to Edmonton.
offthepost.net
puckhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by puckhead »

*ugh*

bright side is, we're 3 points out of 5th.
down side is... and sinking fast.
----------------------------
We got LUONGO!!!!!!!!!!
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Not with the current effort level ... have they got the ability ?? .... no question .... totally depends now though on how bad they want to put differences aside and play for each other.

Grizz
Last edited by Grizzly on Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
rblight
AHL Prospect

Post by rblight »

I have been sort of lurking around various Canucks sites, and reading this and that and the other about how crappy this team is. Well, on most counts we are pretty crappy. But every team goes into a slump at some point in the season. I still think we can pull out of it, and this 3-game set against Edmonton should prove to be exactly what we need.

First of all, I didn't watch the game last night (it would have been tough to stomach a 7-3 drubbing anyways), but the one thing that I did gather from it, besides crappy defense and goaltending, is that the players are TRYING. They look like they care. They are playing with desperation, and eventually this will pay off. Look at it this way - who actually thought that we would beat the Wings last night? Exactly. And even though we gave up a ton of goals, I could at least see that the Canucks want to win. That is enough for me to keep faith.

This Oiler tri-fecta will make or break our season, but you know what? I think it'll make. 2 of these games are at home. The Oilers, even with their additions, are sort of in the same boat we are after the deadline, and I think that Roloson hasn't looked that sharp yet. If, and its a big IF, we can limit the amount of stupid plays that end up in our own net, I am convinced that we should take at least 4 points out of this series. Now, if that means winning one and losing 2 in overtime/shootouts, that is irrelevant. We need points, and we need at least 4. And I for one think we'll get them. Call it blind faith, but I have a funny feeling. Prove me right boys!
David: You know how I know you're gay?
Cal: How?
David: You like Coldplay.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

every team goes into a slump at some point in the season. I still think we can pull out of it, and this 3-game set against Edmonton should prove to be exactly what we need.
True enough .... but i am not sure that this is your typical "slump" ... there are some serious internal issues on this team that need to be addressed .... thats kinda where things are lying right now ... IMO anyways.

Grizz
Goon2
CC Rookie

Post by Goon2 »

Grizzly wrote:
every team goes into a slump at some point in the season. I still think we can pull out of it, and this 3-game set against Edmonton should prove to be exactly what we need.
True enough .... but i am not sure that this is your typical "slump" ... there are some serious internal issues on this team that need to be addressed .... thats kinda where things are lying right now ... IMO anyways.

Grizz
If there are internal issues (and I have no reason to know one way or the other if there are), surely it's something that can be resolved in the locker room. Have them put their crap aside and decide to play for the team toward the goal of winning it all. Its not something that can't be fixed.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

If there are internal issues (and I have no reason to know one way or the other if there are), surely it's something that can be resolved in the locker room. Have them put their crap aside and decide to play for the team toward the goal of winning it all. Its not something that can't be fixed
You would think G-2 but unfortunately it doesn't work that way sometimes .... why are there so many divorces in marriages where the kids involved get absolutely burned ... ??? ...hurts, anger and differences run so deep that things sometimes never get resolved ... If you go back and follow some of the posts lately it appears our beloved Vancouver Canucks may just be on that brink ... unfortunately.

Grizz
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

If we can get a minimum of 4 points from Edmonton, and rally together for a while I think we can make eighth, though I doubt we will last more then 5 games against Detroit in the playoffs.
Reverend Smack
CC Veteran

Post by Reverend Smack »

All the Nucks can do is win the games they are playing. As long as they continue to win it will force the Ducks et al to win their games in hand.
The truth may hurt...but it is still the Truth...Have a nice day :)
Victoriafan
CC Rookie

Post by Victoriafan »

After my positive vote (Go Canucks!), it was even 15-15. I thought it would be interesting to know how many of those negative votes came before last night's game and how many positive votes came after. I think if this board proves anything, it is that we are a dedicated, passionate bunch, but we are fickle.
sic puppy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sic puppy »

Victoriafan wrote: I think if this board proves anything, it is that we are a dedicated, passionate bunch, but we are fickle.
:lol: :lol:

Too true.

Altho' many have said it will take 94 points to squeek in, the Nux are no worse off than the other teams trying to get to the post season. Yes, some teams have games in hand, but like the Nux, they are games against the same teams trying to make the playoffs.

My feeling: The Canucks play two each against the Oil, the Ducks, the Sharks, the Kings and the dreaded Wild. At minimum, they split those games, they're in.
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

The extra point for overtime just makes everything particulaly hard to predict. :mad: Considering that Canuck opponents go to overtime every single freaking game, I also don't think it helps us much, because we have become masters at losing in regulation.
supercanuck
CC Veteran

Post by supercanuck »

smalien wrote:Altho' many have said it will take 94 points to squeek in
I hope that's correct. To get 94 points that would mean they need to go 6-4 in their next 10 games, which isn't too hard if they play the way they can play. However, with the way things are going right now (i.e. everyone else winning in 3 point games), I'm not even sure if 96 points can get in.

One game at a time I guess. The LA game is going to be huge!