7 Years of Futility?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Will the Canucks Make the Playoffs?

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes: 25

WCE
MVP
MVP

7 Years of Futility?

Post by WCE »

Might as well do this while things are at their darkest.

Has the 7 years of patience and growth come to end, never to culiminate in a deep playoff run?

I can still remember sharply Druken roofing that puck over Potvin in that LA game that vaulted us into our first playoff experience with these guys.

WIll this core suffer a similar fate to Druken?

Nothing like a shooting star that gets shot out of the sky.

I still think they will make it in, but it is going to be tough with our schedule and the way things have been going.
"We Will Rise Again"

- Fan's sign from the final game of the 05/06 season
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

Who voted 'no'.... somebody's gonna get a hurtin'!!!
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

I think we'll make it, not so much because of how we'll finish the season, more because the teams behind us also have tough schedules.
Mark
WCE
MVP
MVP

Post by WCE »

MarkMM wrote:I think we'll make it, not so much because of how we'll finish the season, more because the teams behind us also have tough schedules.
I think that will play into it too.

But that is a pretty poor mantra to go into the playoffs with...

"Hope the other teams suck worse than us"

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence ;)
"We Will Rise Again"

Reverend Smack
CC Veteran

Post by Reverend Smack »

I voted no :mex: And all us canucks fans are gettin a hurtin!! They lose another one to Dallas. How was the game, I was at work, and they were showing Calgary, winning :mex:
The truth may hurt...but it is still the Truth...Have a nice day :)
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

I think they won't make it in. Of the 16 remaining games, only one is against a sub .500 team (I know, with the bonus points, EVERYBODY is above .500 - thanks Gary!). Of those 16 games, I can't see the team winning 8 or more. I think 6 is more likely. Is that enough to hang on to a spot? That would give the team 87 points. Add a couple more for OT games and you get perhaps 89 or 90 total. I don't think that would cut it. In past years, 90 points leaves you on the outside. Apart from that, the team (after the Brother Line) is so messed up, that its hard to imagine the team even winning games in their current state. And if they miss out, it won't bother me one bit; just leaves more time for folks to get out a watch a team that really cares, down at the Coliseum.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
gobi
MVP
MVP

Post by gobi »

I admit I voted the first no!
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

I voted no. If this team is going to wake up, it woulda woken up by now.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

7 years??

"was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?"

7 years is nothin' when you're waiting for a Cup - that's what makes it special.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
mindbender
CC Rookie

Post by mindbender »

Honestly, if the team plays as they did tonight against Dallas we will get in. In my opinion this game was hijacked by the refs who did a terrible job. Turco should have been given at least 10 minutes in penalties in the second period and possibly a game misconduct for his behaviour. We got ripped.
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

After reading Media_Man's lockerroom insight, I don't see how this team could possibly make it in.

The one possibility would be a late-season coaching change for the honeymoon effect. Nonis is too conservative to try this, though, so we're out this season. Colroado never, ever has to rebuild, but here we go yet again.
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

I voted yes but I really had to think about it. The way they're going I would not be shocked to see us in 9th when all is said and done.

Even if they do "wake up" in time to secure that playoff berth they're in trouble once they hit the post season the way some of those other teams have been dominating them.

Wow...I just realized I've started to distance myself from this team already. I'm not using the we's and us' as much as I'm saying they and them.

Please wake up boys...I want to feel a part of this again. :|
R.I.P. Luc.
magnum44
CC Veteran

Post by magnum44 »

I think its going to rest on how they do in the 3 game set against Edmonton. If they can sweep or atleast get 2/3 then that should let us squeak in. Personally I think the team has played well the last 3 games but just hasn't been rewarded.
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

Vegas_Nucks_Fan wrote:7 years??

"was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?"

7 years is nothin' when you're waiting for a Cup - that's what makes it special.
Those dam Germans for doing that I agree with you John Vegas. :D

I voted yes at least I hope the boys get off their asses and do it!
WCE
MVP
MVP

Post by WCE »

Just for a contrast (with the numbers at 12-9 right now), I wish I would have done the same poll after our AHL D managed by hook or crook to get the best of Calgary that first game back after the olympics.

I would imagine that it would have been a little more geared toward the yes side.

I think we all need to realize that no matter much we are a fickle fan-base (as is the case with all teams).
"We Will Rise Again"