Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Island Nucklehead »

SKYO wrote: or be real ruthless and offer $8.5M per (he's worth that imo), mortgaging your future for a young 23 year old uberstar winger, as he's a game breaker in the playoffs avg. a point per game, a goal every other game.
Tampa takes your four draft picks and runs. Especially with where the Canucks are likely to be picking over the next 2 drafts.

You think Kucherov is on the same level as a Jamie Benn?
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Brad Richards retires.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
SKYO wrote: or be real ruthless and offer $8.5M per (he's worth that imo), mortgaging your future for a young 23 year old uberstar winger, as he's a game breaker in the playoffs avg. a point per game, a goal every other game.
Tampa takes your four draft picks and runs. Especially with where the Canucks are likely to be picking over the next 2 drafts.

You think Kucherov is on the same level as a Jamie Benn?
Not comparing 23 yr old Kucherov to 27 yr old $9.5M Benn, but the better comparison is $10.5M per P. Kane.

Kucherov playoff performances the past two seasons for a young guy is Patrick Kane like.

Patrick Kane:
2015 23gp - 11g - 12a - 23pts
2014 19gp - 8g - 12a - 20pts
2013 23gp - 9g - 10a - 19pts

Nikita Kucherov:
2016: 17gp - 11g - 8a - 19pts
2015: 26gp - 10g - 12a - 22pts

His playoff performances along with steady regular season, should put Kuch inline with $8M per pretty easily, if not more.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Sample sizes are fun. How does an $8.5M Kucherov showcase his playoff talent playing for a (generous over the next couple years) 7-14 game Canucks team?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Why say sample sizes.

Kucherov over his last two playoff stretches is hardly a sample size, more of a demonstration of his consistent ability.

Any team adding a Kucherov to their arsenal would obviously be a huge boost from regular season to the playoffs.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

SKYO wrote: Any team adding a Kucherov to their arsenal would obviously be a huge boost from regular season to the playoffs.
If he came as a UFA, sure, it's just money. Giving up two 1sts, a 2nd and a third for him on top of $8.5M per would be insane. Doubly so for a team like Vancouver who are likely looking at top-10 picks for the next couple seasons.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
SKYO wrote: Any team adding a Kucherov to their arsenal would obviously be a huge boost from regular season to the playoffs.
If he came as a UFA, sure, it's just money. Giving up two 1sts, a 2nd and a third for him on top of $8.5M per would be insane. Doubly so for a team like Vancouver who are likely looking at top-10 picks for the next couple seasons.
Yes the Canucks are in no position to give up multiple 1st's.

The team I can see do this though is the Rangers, classic NYR style.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Brad Richards retires.
Good
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What's the latest on SKYO's trades?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote:What's the latest on SKYO's trades?
ah summernights dude.

everything slow af.

everyone waiting for toronto to shed salary so they can sign Russell, dominoe's drop
Boom Shattenkirk dealt to NYR then:
Bishop to Dallas
Kane to Vancouver
Hartnell to Boston
Fowler to Toronto
JVR to Ananheim.

hudler, pirri signings

vrbata thinks he's still worth $5Mper :o he scampers off to europe.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Leaves sign Matthews to his ELC. Guess what? He got the max.

Leaf executives indeed had to step in to get this done. Once the leaves capitulated the deal was done, no fuss, no mess. Once again Lou looks real dumb in all of this.
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

And have you ever noticed that Lou's eyes are real far apart? Just like Ovetchkin and his MOM!!
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:Leaves sign Matthews to his ELC. Guess what? He got the max.

Leaf executives indeed had to step in to get this done. Once the leaves capitulated the deal was done, no fuss, no mess. Once again Lou looks real dumb in all of this.
No surprise there, Lou in Toronto can't hide from his old school ways.
Alec Brownscombe of Maple leaves Hot Stove: Then Devils GM Lou Lamoriello after he signed Adam Larson (4th overall) to an entry-level deal with no bonuses in 2011 – quote from a Tom Gulitti article. http://fireandice.northjersey.com/fire- ... es-1.93658

“We do not have any individual bonuses in any player’s contract and never had it including our picks that we’ve drafted over the years. This was established after a couple of years that I came (to New Jersey). I saw something that in my mind is not team-first philosophy when players have bonuses that if they score goals, they get more money, or if they get more ice time than another player, they get more money.

I am not one who is a believer in the rookie bonuses that is in the National Hockey League CBA — the A, Bs and Cs as they’re called. Yet, everyone in the league that are drafted certainly in the top areas seem to get them. Nobody (with the Devils) has not gotten them and our conversations have been that this would not be something that’s advantagous for us to do and the reason is because every player in our locker room that we have drafted have bought into that philosphy and nobody worries about individual things and only the team and it’s a commitment that’s made. Getting a young player who his peers who have been drafted below him and above him, for him to understand and agree to that — and also his representation — this young man is as mature as he can get at his age.”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Ah yes, those of us here who were mocking Lou said he'd be forced to compromise his "principles".

Awesome Auston, now grow a beard and demand a high number!

Look for Lou's wee gonads in a pickle jar in Matthews' stall. :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Part of me, a big part, hopes he only turns into a 50 point player. I will laugh every time the Nucks play them.