Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Madcombinepilot » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:41 am

They need Jeremy Roenick in the front office for marketing... I hate him (old fashioned hockey hate, nothing serious) but that muther gives awesome interviews!!!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:17 am

No surprise, PK's a natural as the Man In Black

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/106081 ... hville-bar
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:33 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote: Callahan's got a NMC which has a limited NTC for 2018/19 and 19/20. Not sure if that means he retains his No-Move but has to provide a trade list. If he keeps the NMC that screws them come expansion time. Fillpula has a NMC with some form of trade protection as well. Kind of grey as they look like combination deals, ie they can't be waived but they can be asked to submit trade lists.

Could get interesting for Tampa. Johnson, Palat, Kucherov, Kilorn, Hedman and Bishop will all be up for contracts between now and 2017. Hedman and Bishop, if they stay, will be eligible UFA's and I would imagine demand some form of NTC/NMC (not that they would leave them exposed). Drouin (if he stays) will be off is ELC by then and need to be protected.
Callahan, Flip and Bishop have a NMC, but Bish is limited nmc, he probably will be moved, but if they don't get anything worth value they'll keep him till UFA.

Killorn, Hedman re-signed.

Leaves Johnson and Palat whom imo will get $6M - $5M respectively.

If some team wants to throw a wrench in Yzerman's perfect team and perfect world, where everyone is happy and jolly with low taxes, and life is grande with no cons, only pros.

A team could offersheet Kucherov the sniper of snipers.

$7.5M per just to be a dick.

or be real ruthless and offer $8.5M per (he's worth that imo), mortgaging your future for a young 23 year old uberstar winger, as he's a game breaker in the playoffs avg. a point per game, a goal every other game.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:59 pm

SKYO wrote: or be real ruthless and offer $8.5M per (he's worth that imo), mortgaging your future for a young 23 year old uberstar winger, as he's a game breaker in the playoffs avg. a point per game, a goal every other game.
Tampa takes your four draft picks and runs. Especially with where the Canucks are likely to be picking over the next 2 drafts.

You think Kucherov is on the same level as a Jamie Benn?

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:02 pm

Brad Richards retires.

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:51 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:
SKYO wrote: or be real ruthless and offer $8.5M per (he's worth that imo), mortgaging your future for a young 23 year old uberstar winger, as he's a game breaker in the playoffs avg. a point per game, a goal every other game.
Tampa takes your four draft picks and runs. Especially with where the Canucks are likely to be picking over the next 2 drafts.

You think Kucherov is on the same level as a Jamie Benn?
Not comparing 23 yr old Kucherov to 27 yr old $9.5M Benn, but the better comparison is $10.5M per P. Kane.

Kucherov playoff performances the past two seasons for a young guy is Patrick Kane like.

Patrick Kane:
2015 23gp - 11g - 12a - 23pts
2014 19gp - 8g - 12a - 20pts
2013 23gp - 9g - 10a - 19pts

Nikita Kucherov:
2016: 17gp - 11g - 8a - 19pts
2015: 26gp - 10g - 12a - 22pts

His playoff performances along with steady regular season, should put Kuch inline with $8M per pretty easily, if not more.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:03 pm

Sample sizes are fun. How does an $8.5M Kucherov showcase his playoff talent playing for a (generous over the next couple years) 7-14 game Canucks team?

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:12 pm

Why say sample sizes.

Kucherov over his last two playoff stretches is hardly a sample size, more of a demonstration of his consistent ability.

Any team adding a Kucherov to their arsenal would obviously be a huge boost from regular season to the playoffs.

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:35 pm

SKYO wrote: Any team adding a Kucherov to their arsenal would obviously be a huge boost from regular season to the playoffs.
If he came as a UFA, sure, it's just money. Giving up two 1sts, a 2nd and a third for him on top of $8.5M per would be insane. Doubly so for a team like Vancouver who are likely looking at top-10 picks for the next couple seasons.

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:25 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:
SKYO wrote: Any team adding a Kucherov to their arsenal would obviously be a huge boost from regular season to the playoffs.
If he came as a UFA, sure, it's just money. Giving up two 1sts, a 2nd and a third for him on top of $8.5M per would be insane. Doubly so for a team like Vancouver who are likely looking at top-10 picks for the next couple seasons.
Yes the Canucks are in no position to give up multiple 1st's.

The team I can see do this though is the Rangers, classic NYR style.

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:29 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:Brad Richards retires.
Good
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:30 pm

What's the latest on SKYO's trades?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:32 pm

RoyalDude wrote:What's the latest on SKYO's trades?
ah summernights dude.

everything slow af.

everyone waiting for toronto to shed salary so they can sign Russell, dominoe's drop
Boom Shattenkirk dealt to NYR then:
Bishop to Dallas
Kane to Vancouver
Hartnell to Boston
Fowler to Toronto
JVR to Ananheim.

hudler, pirri signings

vrbata thinks he's still worth $5Mper :o he scampers off to europe.

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:11 am

Leaves sign Matthews to his ELC. Guess what? He got the max.

Leaf executives indeed had to step in to get this done. Once the leaves capitulated the deal was done, no fuss, no mess. Once again Lou looks real dumb in all of this.
The only HW the Canucks need

micky107
MVP
MVP

Post by micky107 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:22 am

And have you ever noticed that Lou's eyes are real far apart? Just like Ovetchkin and his MOM!!
"evolution"