Canucks trade MCCann for Gudbranson

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks trade MCCann for Gudbranson

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote:
SKYO wrote:Holy shit! I've been granted a wish finally! lol
LOL I knew you'd like this, and here I figured the Panthers would never let their "future captain" slip away...

This one's for you Skyo :cheers:
:thumbs: :thumbs:

EDLER - TANEV

HUTTON - GUDBRANSON

SBISA/STECHER - TRYAMKIN

florida fan on Gudbranson:
most consistent defenseman, a leader, warrior, captain material, an elite defensive dman.
He'd be perfect with Hutton on our 2nd pairing.

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Strangelove wrote:
That's the dumbest thing you've ever posted... quite the accomplishment! :lol:
I honestly hope your right.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Yeah that's the way I see it Skyo... Hutton must be the happiest man on Earth right now.

I see the general fans out there shitting on Benning as per usual (it's a trend)

... but yeah go check out the Panthers boards, some serious hand-wringing going on there.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Benjo wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
That's the dumbest thing you've ever posted... quite the accomplishment! :lol:
I honestly hope your right.
Seriously bro.... "slightly better than Sbisa"???

You've been reading at that kiddie board... haven't you! :evil:

Do yourself a favour, do your own research on Gudbranson.

Go see what Panther fans have been saying about him for the past year.
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Is he s bust because he played for the Panthers?

He just turned 24 and can play top minutes. Canucks were brutal in their own end do this does nothing but improve their team. Very good potential, can still improve with less pressure.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Bountiful is mixed on the trade which tells me it's decent. A lot of them will hate just because it's Vancouver involved but a fair number of them call it a fair deal. Lol at GM over there trashing the deal. Then he'll probably lick Elmers nutsack on hfboards. Crazy berry picking psychopath. Hfboards Canucks is dead against the move but I kinda like it and I bash Iggy pretty regularly. Too bad MS and Verviticus et al don't have the ballsack to express their opinions here, but I digress.

The trade is ok at this time but I reiterate Elmer must recoup at least one top 40-50 pick. Trade Hansen for Winnipegs 2nd rounder and sign Brouwer and Mcginn.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Is this the deal HW was talking about?
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote: Gudbranson was a 4 for Florida
He was a 3 (at 23-24 years of age).

He still has top-pairing potential.

Did I mention he's an ASSHOLE. Image
Like the asshole bit. I imagine the way Matheson came in, and with Petrovic as a RH Asshole D for them they thought they could move Gudbranson. Good haul for the Panthers, but he definitely fills a need for the Canucks.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Too bad MS and Verviticus et al don't have the ballsack to express their opinions here, but I digress.
Ummm maybe one of our posters who also posts over at that place could invite some of them here. Call it an experiment , see if they act up here like they do there. Or are they too scared to put their big boy pants on? :devil:
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Wed May 25, 2016 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

A testicle transplant was needed on that back end. Hes not the quickest but will help with keeping that crease a little clearer. Its been under seige the past few years...
As far McCann...hes got hands and some spirit but is years away from impacting the games.
The second seems to sting worse somehow which tells you how average of a prospect Jared really is...
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mondi wrote:...Sekers says Sbisa and Schenn comparisons? Ouch. I hope not.
Sekeres is a nasally idiot. This kid is a legit top 4 d man and is two years younger than those guys. Schenn and Sbisa are 6/7 d men.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

He's a big, defensive dman that moves well and is physical. He's not the best puck-mover or smartest dman, but he's better than both those guys. Should be a decent partner for a kid like Hutton, and makes our D harder to play against. Points are going to be hard to come by, but maybe we'll keep more out of our net as well.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Reefer2 wrote:Is this the deal HW was talking about?

Yep. But I do hear he has a few things on the fire to try and recoup picks. We'll see I guess.

We have goaltending. We have a top four RHS D man. We need a new number one centre to replace Hank.
I like the trade. At least we get a fifth back for the Prust trade :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It was a steep price but that's the price for a top four D. He's added Stecker and now Gudbranson to the fold, plus Trymakin last season. I like this move.

He said today he has one D man ranked in the top five and will pick BPA at that pick. My take is that he is eying a foward at 5 but if he's not there then he will pick a D. So wonder who out of Taychook and Dubois he has his eye on.

Besides, when we sign Stamkos we will have no room for McCann :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I think they liked McCann but saw him as a little bit of a project, Benning said he thinks he will develop into a top six in a few years. With Gudbranson they get a guy he plans to pair with Hutton. That really knocks Sbisa down to bottom pairing. Or traded perhaps. We have more options now. Out of McCann, Virtanen, Horvat or Hutton, I'd rather lose McCann and in this case the return is very good.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

No way.
EG is 6'5" with a meanstreak and a cannon of a shot. He makes recover pucks on dump ins on us alot harder. He has a decent first pass but is a little slow on that first stride. Not a huge issue considering he has a decent hockey IQ and will get better and better...he is only 24.
Schenn makes retarded decisions consistently and Sbisa has been much the same right up until this year which has been a quiet breakout for him...
A win for the Nux in my books
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Gudbranson was also paired with Mitchell for the first half the year which helped his game big time.
The only HW the Canucks need