2016 Playoffs Round Two

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: 2016 Playoffs Round Two

Post by Island Nucklehead »

SKYO wrote:Roussell with a bad penalty for the Stars.
Blues on the powerplay 3rd period.

*and Roussel's penalty in 2nd OT cost em. :o :o
2nd OT?

Lindy likely lost it on Roussell.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Orpik got three games for his hit I think Letang should get three for his hit today. How he escaped five and a game is beyond me.
The only HW the Canucks need
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

Hockey Widow wrote:Orpik got three games for his hit I think Letang should get three for his hit today. How he escaped five and a game is beyond me.
Hey there... enough of that talk... i have Letang in my hockey pool.....
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Pens win in OT to go up 3-1 in games. Not over yet but I expected the Caps to make better work of the Pens. Never count a team out that has Crosby and Malikn I guess.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Has anybody noticed how well Bonino is playing? He had a good year in Pitt and is playing well in the playoffs. Did we misuse him ? Is Willie a bad coach or is Sutter going to be a stud in equal measure to Bonino? Hard to say. What do you think? Is there another explanation?
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Bonino is a terrific 3rd line centre after crosby and malkin. He was a good 2nd line centre here after Sedin. He had a very strong start to the season but tapered off as the season wore on. I believe he was just overmatched here when put in the 2C role.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

damonberryman wrote:Has anybody noticed how well Bonino is playing? He had a good year in Pitt and is playing well in the playoffs.
Actually Bonino was extremely shitty until sometime in March.

They finally tried him with Kessel and both players caught fire!

I'm very happy Pens are playing so well, the further they go, the lower that 1st round pick (goes to the Leaves).
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote:
damonberryman wrote:Has anybody noticed how well Bonino is playing? He had a good year in Pitt and is playing well in the playoffs.

I'm very happy Pens are playing so well, the further they go, the lower that 1st round pick (goes to the Leaves).
doesn't it always seems this way?

we don't make the trade and Bonino continues to be a missing persons case in Vancouver and Sutter is the 3c toast of pittsburgh as the opposition is exhausted after dealing with crosby and Malkin

we do make the the trade and Sutter goes down with two major injuries while Bonino instead is the 3c toast of pittsburgh as the opposition is exhausted after dealing with crosby and Malkin ...

canuck luck...gotta wonder
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

ukcanuck wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

we don't make the trade and Bonino continues to be a missing persons case in Vancouver and Sutter is the 3c toast of pittsburgh as the opposition is exhausted after dealing with crosby and Malkin

we do make the the trade and Sutter goes down with two major injuries while Bonino instead is the 3c toast of pittsburgh as the opposition is exhausted after dealing with crosby and Malkin ...

Seriously?

They're both similar calibre players.. who look great against the oppositions tablescraps and look significantly less great as second liners.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

dbr wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

Seriously?

They're both similar calibre players.. who look great against the oppositions tablescraps and look significantly less great as second liners.
The known known is that Sutter spent the season on the injury shelf so we don't really know if your syatemnt is true aerating similar calibre other than I think there was quite a bit of difference between draft positions not to mention pedigree .

But I guess we'll know the unknown next season
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Did you compose that entire thing with predictive text? :eh:

What we know, according to you, is that Sutter was, and Bonino is, "the 3c toast of pittsburgh." ( :lol: :lol: )

I guess 'Canuck luck' is that Sutter got injured but hey, shit happens. Beyond that I don't expect that either team fleeced the other, or anything like that.. the Canucks got a bigger slightly younger player that they feel is a better fit and the Penguins got a more manageable cap hit for a depth chart spot that is pretty insignificant when you have two of the best seven or eight centres in the world.

(And I wouldn't make too much about anyone's draft position or pedigree at this point.. both are 5+ year veterans in this league)
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Bonino started off looking like a disaster in Pittsburgh, but has really turned it around these past couple months. Sutter started fairly well and then got hurt. Both were putting up pretty much 37-point paces through the regular season, and Bonino has been a beast in the playoffs for Pitts.

Bonino's got another year at $1.8M and if he keeps this up it will be one of the best contracts in the league. I wonder if he'll be in line for a $4.375M/year deal with an NTC after next season. It's also worth remembering the guy Pitts signed with that cap savings, Eric Fehr, has 2 GWG in the post-season.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Bonino's play in Pitt has looked significantly better this playoff season than ANYTHING I saw when he was in Van. Was he not accused by many of being soft and disappearing when the going gets tough? I asked the question more to contraxt coaching and it was not clear in the text. My bad.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Bonino did not look good as a Canuck. But then again he was asked to be our 2nd line centre. He fits in the 3c role and would fit here in the 3c role. But I was glad to move on from him.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I'm happy for Bonino but again you have to look at the quality of the 2 centers in front of him.

He also has a high-end scoring forward like Kessel on his line. Don't know if anyone's noticed, but the two of them are absolutely horrid on defence.

Would this team be where it is with MAF in net?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!