Canucks sign Thatcher Demko

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks sign Thatcher Demko

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:Benning is a genius for signing this player.
True, but first he had to draft him!! Double genius.
Agreed.
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
SKYO wrote:All the Canucks/JB haters are pissed at this news. :lol:

Benning haters dont' want nothing good to happen to the Canucks, damn shame, their hatred blinders are strong.
Who are these people you speak of , these Benning haters.... I think people want to progress and good management with a vision. It's more likely that there are Benning knob gobblers or in other words...... Trolls.
How are you going to be when this young team starts to turn it around? I'm not looking to hear about if it is or isn't, just a simple question of, are you going to change your tune if this young squad starts to get better in a year or two?, and *gasp* make the playoffs etc.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Benning haters dont' want nothing good to happen to the Canucks, damn shame, their hatred blinders are strong.
Who are these people you speak of , these Benning haters.... I think people want to progress and good management with a vision. It's more likely that there are Benning knob gobblers or in other words...... Trolls.
How are you going to be when this young team starts to turn it around? I'm not looking to hear about if it is or isn't, just a simple question of, are you going to change your tune if this young squad starts to get better in a year or two?, and *gasp* make the playoffs etc.

Come on Skyo. Blob may not like Benning but he loves them Canucks. When they turn it around he'll be as thrilled as any of his. Whether he credits Benning or not will depend upon who the GM is when we do turn it around.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: How are you going to be when this young team starts to turn it around? I'm not looking to hear about if it is or isn't, just a simple question of, are you going to change your tune if this young squad starts to get better in a year or two?, and *gasp* make the playoffs etc.
The funny thing is... Benning is going to be The Man in Van for many years to come.

If Benning is successful, Blob will be depressed for his torch + pitchfork ways.

If Benning fails, Blob will be depressed because his team will suck forever.

Blob is in a lose-lose position... the wretched scurvy dog!!! :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

SKYO wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

I'm in the Benning-skeptical camp, but perfectly happy to see him prove his genius, or get spectacularly lucky.

My tune-changing criteria are on the record:
Ronning's Ghost wrote:Stanley Cup by 2020 => genius !

Stanley Cup after 2020 => competent GM who benefited from the the patience and trust of ownership.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10898
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

^ ^^ all true.

When Horvat scores the GWG to advance a round, beers be like that Gillis pick atta boy. aha
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Overtime »

Aaronp18 wrote:Phew, the non-existent crisis avoided.

What a relief! :roll:
No kidding. A management oversight made the news. Gawd.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Overtime wrote:

Had Blobby in a lather too.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Gasp - Benning signed a player that was drafted by the team. Never seen another GM do that before, he must be a genius.

Frack some of you are hilarious, he does what 90% of GMs do in the league and you rank him up there with Jesus.

Not saying anything good/bad about him as he has only been here for, as many have said, only a couple seasons so it is to early to say anything good/bad about the guy. He hasn't made any HUGE errors or wins yet, just did what he is paid to do.

He should be measured on what he does in the next couple of years and how he addresses the short comings on the team, it will not be done in 1 summer but over time and developing the young guys.
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

Hockey Widow wrote:Follow
Eddie Lack ✔‎@eddielack
Let's start the Markström/demko controversy tweets. I'm on the wagon hahahah

Gotta love Eddie!
We went a whole year without a goalie controversy. When was the last time that happened? 2011? 2010?
Reefer2 wrote:Gasp - Benning signed a player that was drafted by the team. Never seen another GM do that before, he must be a genius.

Frack some of you are hilarious, he does what 90% of GMs do in the league and you rank him up there with Jesus..
I'm just impressed that those people are skilled enough to type while sticking their tongue into their cheek.
Last edited by Rayxor on Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote:
Overtime wrote:

Had Blobby in a lather too.
Not really. All I did was point out that the kid should be dealt at the draft if he wasn't signed by then.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

Strangelove wrote: If Benning is successful, Blob will be depressed for his torch + pitchfork ways.

If Benning fails, Blob will be depressed because his team will suck forever.

Blob is in a lose-lose position... the wretched scurvy dog!!! :lol:
Can you blame a Canuck fan for having a case of chronic pessimism?

The economic slowdown probably doesn't help either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

A better question might be how are you clowns going to react when Benning gets the boot? The endless ball licking will look pretty ridiculous when the team struggles for the next few years and the deigos patience runs out.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Reefer2 wrote:Gasp - Benning signed a player that was drafted by the team. Never seen another GM do that before, he must be a genius.

Frack some of you are hilarious, he does what 90% of GMs do in the league and you rank him up there with Jesus.
I haven't seen anyone (who appears to be looking to be taken seriously) claiming that signing Demko was some kind of master stroke.

What I have seen a ton of, is people expressing their opinion about this process and then going ahead and preemptively shitting all over anyone with a different opinion regardless of whether anyone holds it or not (not just you, and not just here). What's the point of hanging around on a message board conducting oneself that way? :drink:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So the Canucks had to be rebuilt due to 6 years of the Gillis drafting and developing gong show. In just two drafts we've landed Virtanen, McCann, Demko, Tryamkin, Boeser. Traded a 2nd for Baertschi, signed Stecher. Benning, you rebuilding genius you. Can you imagine what the genius could do in 6 drafts???
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau