Lineup Predictions 2016-17

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Lineup Predictions 2016-17

Post by SKYO »

Mëds wrote:ROFLMAO!!!!!!

A 2nd rounder for Burrows? You're killing me SKYO.

Dustin Brown? WTF? Dude, I thought you said you were clean these days..... :P

Shattenkirk is gonna be 27 or 28 and isn't a stud, he's just a good top-4 guy who is going to ask for $6M and has benefited from playing on a deep blueline on a top team.
You sound like a 12 year old.

Burrows for a measly 2nd rounder, why the fuck not.

D. Brown the perfect asshole to play with the Sedins, he'd revive his career with em easily, the ultimate buy low opportunity, leadership for the young guys, warrior in the playoffs, couple of Stanley Cups.

Blues fans want to keep Shattenkirk over Pietr, he'd be the easiest to acquire over Hamonic, Trouba, etc, those guys in all likelihood the Canucks will not be able to afford.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

OK, back to reality:

Sedin-Sedin-Erikson (a better fit than Vrbata ever could have been)
Baertschi-Horvat-Rodin
Hansen-Sutter-Virtanen
Dorsett-Granlund-Etem
Gaunce/Vey (McCann spends next year playing meaningful minutes and growing up physically)

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Sbisa
Tryamkin-Hutton
Pedan

Burrows gets bought-out/traded/taken behind the shed and shot like 'ole yeller. One of him or Hansen has to go, and Hansen has more value on the team. If Benning gets an offer he can't refuse for Hansen, then Burrows gets a reprieve.

That's what year 2 of a rebuild looks like, but you can see something shiny under all that dull ore.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Watching the past few games maybe we should do another tank year before loading up on free agents.
Just to make sure the cupboards get reloaded to max...
Ya know :mex:
If you need air...call it in
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Dude vs. Blob

Skyo trades

You guys have been CC's version of MindCheck. This is like the least depressing place in Canucksville.

Thank you for making the ride in the TankWagon so enjoyable :lol:
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote: Remember, Jimmy has a lot of money to spend this summer. :D

Lucic and Okposo signed to identical 7 X $7M contracts....

Sedin – Sedin – Okposo
Baertschi – Horvat – Virtanen
Lucic – Granlund – Sutter
Etem – Gaunce – Dorsett
Rodin

(Luongo retained $800K, buyout Higgins $800K, send McCann down, trade Burrows + Hansen for pick)

Edler – Tanev
Hutton – Tree
Sbisa – Larsen
Pedan – Biega

Miller
Markstrom

(extend Marx $3M X 3 starting 2017-18, let Miller walk, then sign veteran backup $1M per)

Just roughed it out in my head but I believe that lineup is around $7M under next year's cap-max.

That $7M PLUS money saved when Miller walks PLUS cap increase

... should be plenty to re-sign upcoming RFAs Horvat/Gaunce/Hutton/Tree.

(and the next season Sedins are off the books)

McCann, Cassels, Boeser, Subban, Demko, top 2016 draft pick, etc all in the pipeline!

DARE TO DREAM 8-)
(posted last night)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hank wrote:Dude vs. Blob

Skyo trades

You guys have been CC's version of MindCheck. This is like the least depressing place in Canucksville.

I have no idea how anyone could post at hfboards. What a god damned piss party. I am happy to provide some balance to the Elmer Nut licking that has been going on around here lately but even I would wilt under the cesspool of negativity that place is. I don't think Elmer has done a bang up job by any means but the mongtards at that site are right the fuck out of control.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Hank wrote:Dude vs. Blob

Skyo trades

I have no idea how anyone could post at hfboards. What a god damned piss party. I am happy to provide some balance to the Elmer Nut licking that has been going on around here lately but even I would wilt under the cesspool of negativity that place is. I don't think Elmer has done a bang up job by any means but the mongtards at that site are right the fuck out of control.
:lol: :lol: it's like a virus, in every thread in every section the haters pile on and pile on with the hatred with trying to be funny to being straight up dumbasses. There was even a positivity thread to keep out the negative nancies, but the naysayers implanted "malware" into that thread complained and complained about it, so it had to be shut down lmao.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I can't believe what tantalum has become. Was a solid poster for years at central and here , now he's just went off the deep end.MS used to get slapped around at central and has always been a baby so it isn't surprising to see him acting like a child. That arttk fella lurks here all the time but doesn't have the cajones to post. Vervitcus lol did you see that guy at the town hall. Jesus a face for radio or what ?!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blobby went off the rails here when he started reporting on the anti Benning sentiment at HF...soaked into his every pore.

I don't look there and I keep a level headed long term outlook.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

SKYO wrote: :lol: :lol: it's like a virus, in every thread in every section the haters pile on and pile on with the hatred with trying to be funny to being straight up dumbasses. There was even a positivity thread to keep out the negative nancies, but the naysayers implanted "malware" into that thread complained and complained about it, so it had to be shut down lmao.

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Topper wrote:Blobby went off the rails here when he started reporting on the anti Benning sentiment at HF...soaked into his every poor.

Blob actually started out as a moderate. Ok with Benning's drafting. Accepting of what he got back for Kesler. Ok with the addition of Dorsett. Critical of leaching draft picks in making trades and pissed at some contract extensions.

He went from bashing on the Kassian deal to back tracking once Kassian's problems were revealed, and supporting the move.

He turned fanatical after being "attacked" and often misquoted by some other fanatics on the other side.

WTF is up with me defending Blob this past week or so? I gotta stop speaking for this guy. I just like him I guess :oops: :oops:
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote:Blobby went off the rails here when he started reporting on the anti Benning sentiment at HF...soaked into his every poor.

I went off the rails. :lol: Ok Mr Benning is a genius. If you guys didn't troll the fuck out of the place I may not have had to be such a shitkicker. Either way it's a good thing someone is here to keep you klowns honest.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Who has been trolling?

A plan was stated and kept to. I haven't bothered watching the standings, don't give a damn about the W/L column as I know there is a rebuild and solid plan. I agree with that plan and I see it being stuck to.

There is a long range forecast for starry skies but you chicken little's are consumed by ground fog and crying that world is ending.

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 72#p254272

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

I thought Benning's plan included competing on a nightly basis?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote:Who has been trolling?

A plan was stated and kept to. I haven't bothered watching the standings, don't give a damn about the W/L column as I know there is a rebuild and solid plan. I agree with that plan and I see it being stuck to.

There is a long range forecast for starry skies but you chicken little's are consumed by ground fog and crying that world is ending.

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 72#p254272
I haven't watched the standings for three or four years. Thanks Captain Einstein..

The signings are an alarm bell because it shows a complete lack of regard for cap space and a blind eye for talent. You prattle on about placeholders but the team is just as good with Brad Richardson and Ryan Stanton as they are with Brandon Sutter and Luca Sbisa. Wake the fuck up and use a towel to wipe that grubby beard. Furthermore if the team was actually competitive before it was supposed to be they could absorb a high contract guy similar to the Ehrhoff acquisition . Salary space is an easy way to get good talent , but hey let's keep paying Dorsett, Sbisa and the gang . LOL