2016 TRADE DEADLINE TRACKER

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: 2016 TRADE DEADLINE TRACKER

Post by Island Nucklehead »

That Brandon Pirri to Anaheim for a 6th might be one of the better trades today.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Strangelove wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Where's the apology for completely misquoting me about expectations for Bart/Prust? :scowl:
I didn't completely misquote you, you said something about maybe getting 5ths and sevenths for Bart, Prust, Weber and the gang. Nothing wrong with those expectations.
UMMMmmm... I said the exact opposite. :scowl:

I even gave you a link, what part of this did you not understand:
Strangelove wrote: You think Prust, Bartkowski, and Weber have trade value?? :shock:
You say a great many things. Do you think it's possible that you suggested they had limited value in a different post? Look it up Captain Archive.

Or don't, see if I give a fuck. :mex: Can't wait until Benning gets fired so you and Topper can claim you were trolling the whole time.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Where's the apology for completely misquoting me about expectations for Bart/Prust? :scowl:
I didn't completely misquote you, you said something about maybe getting 5ths and sevenths for Bart, Prust, Weber and the gang. Nothing wrong with those expectations.
UMMMmmm... I said the exact opposite. :scowl:

I even gave you a link, what part of this did you not understand:
Strangelove wrote: You think Prust, Bartkowski, and Weber have trade value?? :shock:
You say a great many things. Do you think it's possible that you suggested they had limited value in a different post? Look it up Captain Archive.
It falls on you to look it up... or better yet, how 'bout don't make shit up in the first place. :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Bennaling the Wizard fails @ the poker table once again. He should have gotten something for Hammer or Verby: 3rd, 4th, 5th, a bag of pucks, a roll of toilet paper, whatever. Same excuses: no market for certain players, teams not giving 1st or 2nds, blah, blah, blah. Meanwhile, TO and Calgary make out like bandits with similar players of ilk. As I said b4, JB would make a great chief scout or even assistant GM, but he's in over his head as the guy calling the shots in contract negotiations and trades.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Odd Todd raps a double off the wall. How long before Doc deletes his post?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

So Hamhuis wouldn't go east, Dallas finds out and and low balls Benning offering up anything he doesn't want. May as well take Russell and have a chance at re signing him than pure rental Dan.

Teams on Verbata's list didn't line up to bid on the "goal scoring playoff performer", anyone surprised? Radim will be Europe bound next year.

The only thing that surprised me from when I made my initial remark that I didn't see the Canucks active at the deadline, is that there was discussion on Hamhuis. He has been fairly awfull this season, better since coming back though. Once he said he'd consider Vermetteing it.......he punted himself.

I am glad Benning will look elsewhere before making a decision of re signing Hamhuis. The guy is now yesterdays news. Why handcuff yourself with a Hamhuis contract when there may be something that works into the future of the team. Isn't this the complaint I hear most about the Dorsett and Sbisa contracts? Do we need to watch Hamhuis become the next Higgins/Prust pylon?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Odd Todd raps a double off the wall. How long before Doc deletes his post?
Todd is entitled to his hockey opinions on the hockey board.

As are you.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Bennaling the Wizard fails @ the poker table once again. He should have gotten something for Hammer or Verby: 3rd, 4th, 5th, a bag of pucks, a roll of toilet paper, whatever. Same excuses: no market for certain players, teams not giving 1st or 2nds, blah, blah, blah. Meanwhile, TO and Calgary make out like bandits with similar players of ilk. As I said b4, JB would make a great chief scout or even assistant GM, but he's in over his head as the guy calling the shots in contract negotiations and trades.
Yeah the Boston Pizza guys kid swoops in and steals the show from JB who's left holding his cock at the end of the day trying to explain how a selling team only succeeded in giving away their best 4th liner on waivers.
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Overtime »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Bennaling the Wizard fails @ the poker table once again. He should have gotten something for Hammer or Verby: 3rd, 4th, 5th, a bag of pucks, a roll of toilet paper, whatever. Same excuses: no market for certain players, teams not giving 1st or 2nds, blah, blah, blah. Meanwhile, TO and Calgary make out like bandits with similar players of ilk. As I said b4, JB would make a great chief scout or even assistant GM, but he's in over his head as the guy calling the shots in contract negotiations and trades.
I completely agree Mr. Snuzzi. He apparently did not do his homework, properly, before the trade deadline. Assets galore to help playoff teams and we now should tank a bit by giving our youth much more ice time. I hope.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Topper wrote:So Hamhuis wouldn't go east, Dallas finds out and and low balls Benning offering up anything he doesn't want. May as well take Russell and have a chance at re signing him than pure rental Dan.
Or Benning waited too long hoping to drum up a bidding war with LA/Chi and Dallas simply went with plan B.
Teams on Verbata's list didn't line up to bid on the "goal scoring playoff performer", anyone surprised?
Where's all the bitching about the NTC's? Oh right, that was MG.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Odd Todd raps a double off the wall. How long before Doc deletes his post?
*hehe* My posts have been deleted b4. Whatever. 8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: I am glad Benning will look elsewhere before making a decision of re signing Hamhuis. The guy is now yesterdays news. Why handcuff yourself with a Hamhuis contract when there may be something that works into the future of the team. Isn't this the complaint I hear most about the Dorsett and Sbisa contracts? Do we need to watch Hamhuis become the next Higgins/Prust pylon?
As an armchair GM, I like the idea of re-signing Hamhuis if he continues his fine play of late.

If he's still got the stuff, he's a valuable contributor and a willing mentor for the kids

... also he would obviously come with a "hometown discount". :wink:

I'd try and talk him into a series of one-year deals.

Two-year deal maximum.

Then I'd go about talking Edler into waiving this summer.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Farhan now saying Dallas called Benning before the deadline and offered a higher pick than they gave Calgary, plus a prospect. Benning didn't return the call.

I'm not even sure how to comment on this if true.
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Overtime »

Strangelove wrote:
Todd is entitled to his hockey opinions on the hockey board.

As are you.
Well said Buddy. We are here, to face off for and against each other at
times because we are just; a big, over-extended Canuck Fan Family. We all are entitled to our
opinions and we should be gracious to each other; especially now. when we are entering a dark stage.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
*hehe* My posts have been deleted b4. Whatever. 8-)
Those posts didn't have anything to do with Kesler's... post... did they? :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.