2016 TRADE DEADLINE TRACKER

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: 2016 TRADE DEADLINE TRACKER

Post by Strangelove »

Rumsfeld wrote: Picking up Granlund and Larsen changed your mind about wanting picks back for our veterans? :lol:
No, the Granlund/Larsen/Etem pickups made me happy about deadline season.

(you implied I wasn't happy)
Rumsfeld wrote: The market for defensemen doesn't seem too dead to me.

Polak for two 2nds
Justin Shultz for a 3rd
Mike Weber for a 3rd
Kris Russell for a 1st/2nd and two prospects
JM Liles for a 3rd, 5th, prospect
Eric Gelinas for a 3rd
If you're not offered at least a 1st rounder for Hamhuis, you don't do the deal.

Where's the apology for completely misquoting me about expectations for Bart/Prust? :scowl:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Seems like you, just like your Wizard, completely misread the chicken bones.
No one could foretell what the TDD market would be.

Did you? :roll:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Ok - let's dial it back a little here. This is still a hockey thread, so you can move extra-curricular activities to the B&G or PMs.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Us True Canuck Believers™ have to stick together and have faith that Ol' Jimbo and Cap Trev are the Or(a)ca(cle) prophets we all thought they were and we will once again rein supreme in 2020.....

The Negative Nancy's never post any hockey knowledge...just taking out their sad pathetic lives on our beloved hockey team.

I am really going to sit back and enjoy the last push for the playoffs without fear of reading how bad we will suck forever.

Yours,
SpiderGuy
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Overtime »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Overtime wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:You've quoted the same post three times Mr Overtime
My apologies Mr. Blob. I was cleaning my gun and it accidentally discharged.
No worries I wasn't angry. Were you planning to confront a man with that gun ?
I was simply trying to multi-task; my Desktop received the wrong end of it. Oh well. My apologies Sir.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote: Seems like you, just like your Wizard, completely misread the chicken bones.

No, but unlike you I'm not pretending to be happy with how we did.

You'd think a genius would've made something happen.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Strangelove wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote: Picking up Granlund and Larsen changed your mind about wanting picks back for our veterans? :lol:
No, the Granlund/Larsen/Etem pickups made me happy about deadline season.

(you implied I wasn't happy)
Rumsfeld wrote: The market for defensemen doesn't seem too dead to me.

Polak for two 2nds
Justin Shultz for a 3rd
Mike Weber for a 3rd
Kris Russell for a 1st/2nd and two prospects
JM Liles for a 3rd, 5th, prospect
Eric Gelinas for a 3rd
If you're not offered at least a 1st rounder for Hamhuis, you don't do the deal.

Where's the apology for completely misquoting me about expectations for Bart/Prust? :scowl:
I didn't completely misquote you, you said something about maybe getting 5ths and sevenths for Bart, Prust, Weber and the gang. Nothing wrong with those expectations.

Anyway whatever, I've completely abandoned any hope of getting an honest response from you or Topper about anything Jim Benning. You guys have heavily invested in him being a genius and now you're being made to look like fools (by him).

Your rage should be directed at Elmer, not the wise friends who tried to steer you clear of the precipice you currently dangle over. :D
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

For me the big issue is Dallas made another offer, if so you have a chance to get something for nothing. You can still re-sign Hamhuis in the summer and if he doesn't want to be here?
Hey DieHard...

If it were me and the offer was a late 3rd or 4th rounder, I wouldn't do the deal...

I wouldn't risk the Benn brothers and the quality of that hockey team luring Hamhuis into resigning there, not for that return....

Dallas has just 2 NHL defensemen signed for next season and a boatload of quality young blue liners in their system which makes Hamhuis an ideal fit there for the same reasons the team needs him here next season....Over paying him to resign there wouldn't be an issue...

The direction the team is going was set during those Presidents Trophy teams when the future was decimated in order to win now....

And as much as I am not a Gillis fan, its pretty shortsighted to blame him for some of the clauses he inserted into player contracts that have hand cuffed the team today, at the time him and Gillman were praised for their salary cap management skills...

This day will likely turn out to be like most UFA day's where the most active teams are considered winners and over time that turns out not to be the case....

I'm still holding out hope that the team can turn Edler into something significant at the draft and now that he's not dealt re sign Hamhuis before July 1st.

Take care....
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

It's too bad that the market would not provide a 1st for Hamhuis, but it's not the end of the world.

I am very happy with Granlund, Larsen, and Etem pickups.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Larsen. Etem. Granlund. LOL.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

It's too bad that the market would not provide a 1st for Hamhuis, but it's not the end of the world.

I am very happy with Granlund, Larsen, and Etem pickups.
Not to mention Sven. :thumbs:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Where's the apology for completely misquoting me about expectations for Bart/Prust? :scowl:
I didn't completely misquote you, you said something about maybe getting 5ths and sevenths for Bart, Prust, Weber and the gang. Nothing wrong with those expectations.
UMMMmmm... I said the exact opposite. :scowl:

I even gave you a link, what part of this did you not understand:
Strangelove wrote: You think Prust, Bartkowski, and Weber have trade value?? :shock:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: Not to mention Sven. :thumbs:
:thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

theman wrote:Listening to Benning presser on TSN, loved the part when he says he 'values draft picks', why the hell does he keep throwing picks into trades then?
Because they have a "plan".
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Rumsfeld wrote: Anyway whatever, I've completely abandoned any hope of getting an honest response from you or Topper about anything Jim Benning. You guys have heavily invested in him being a genius and now you're being made to look like fools (by him).

Your rage should be directed at Elmer, not the wise friends who tried to steer you clear of the precipice you currently dangle over. :D
Yeah it's impossible to get much more than a spew of drivel about Sbisa being a stalwart or Elmer being a genius , placeholders , three years out blah blah blah. The dude and shopping cart could also be tossed into that mix
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”