Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Long live Benning the Brownpants, Lord of Middle (of the pack) Earth!
Thanks for the sinus full of coffee.
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Benning acknowledges no playoffs this year. Asks Vrbata for list of 8 teams as per his NTC.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/iain ... story.html

"At the team’s request and per his limited no-trade clause, Vrbata gave the Canucks a list of eight teams with which Benning can negotiate a deal. But after scoring 31 times last season, Vrbata has just 12 goals this year and is out day-to-day with an undisclosed injury. His goal last Sunday against Colorado was the 34-year-old’s first in 15 games.

Instead of getting a second-round draft pick or decent prospect for Vrbata, Benning may not get anything.

And of the group of seven on Benning’s trade list (Bartkowski, Vey, Adam Cracknell, Yannick Weber and minor-leaguers Chris Higgins, Brandon Prust and Ronalds Kenins), it’s possible nobody will be acquired by another team."
Last edited by Hockey Widow on Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

So where's he going wids?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Uncle dans leg wrote:So where's he going wids?

No idea.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Pittsburg I'll wager. They haven't done anything and love those moody central euros.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Hey maybe back to Arizona. He loved it there and they are fighting for a playoff spot.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Thanks to the clipboards handling of Vrbata this season, trying to turn the 31 goal scorer the previous season into a 2nd/3rd Lind scrub we be lucky to get a 4th pick for him
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote:Thanks to the clipboards handling of Vrbata this season, trying to turn the 31 goal scorer the previous season into a 2nd/3rd Lind scrub we be lucky to get a 4th pick for him

No matter what the objectives were, WD's handling of Vrbata does not make sense. If the goal was to create scoring and make the playoffs then having a 30 goal scorer ride shot gun with the twins makes sense. If the goal was to show case Vrbata then riding shot gun with the twins makes sense.

With you Dude on this one. I get the balanced four lines stuff but it still does not make sense. You pay the guy 5m to score goals.
Hockey_God
CC Rookie

Post by Hockey_God »

Hockey Widow wrote:Hey maybe back to Arizona. He loved it there and they are fighting for a playoff spot.
So Arizona is fighting for a playoff spot and they are behind us in the standings? :shock:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Hockey_God wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Hey maybe back to Arizona. He loved it there and they are fighting for a playoff spot.
So Arizona is fighting for a playoff spot and they are behind us in the standings? :shock:
its a delusional thing... ;)
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Hockey_God
CC Rookie

Post by Hockey_God »

rats19 wrote:
Hockey_God wrote:
its a delusional thing... ;)
Why all this talk of tanking? All that GMJB needs to do by Monday is bring the Hamburglar home and the Canucks Cup run would be unstoppable. :drink:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

What puzzles me most about Verbata is how good he was playing with the kids in the pre-season. He was the most defensively cognizant I have seen him and he was creating chance offensively. Once the season started - dead weight.

True Horvat had his head full just trying to see the game and check let alone feed his wingers. Once he did start feeding his winger, Verbata wasn't the winger.

We saw in the playoffs what Verbata does. Top goal scorer draws tough checking....he disappeared faster than Blobby's brain cells on a Friday night.

Hey, Hansen is closing in on 20 goals with the Sedins. Probably be closing in on 10 without them.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Mondi wrote:...Nucks sitting on their hands as usual. Deals getting made all around them. Market getting smaller. Will they trade anyone?

I would LOVE to see Miller, Vrbata, and Burrows go as they don't provide much of anything. I would like to see Hamhuis and Hansen go for first round picks or better.

Could be interesting, but not not counting on it.
Interesting that in the article that HW linked Benning specifically mentions Burrows and Hamhuis as players who keeps the kids accountable.

My thinking is that the only way he lets Hamhuis go is if it's a rent and re-sign scenario.

He left Edler's name out, which I find curious as Edler has been here longer than Hamhuis.

Maybe his untouchable vet list has been severely whittled down to Hank, Dank, Burrows, Hamhuis, Miller, Tanev. I realize he didn't mention Tanev, but he extended him and the guy is just so quietly solid that I can't see him going for anything other than an equal player in return. That should be encouraging for those wanting cap cleared and turnover. That's less than $35M that would be locked in for the proverbial "place holder".

I have read multiple articles this week discussing whether or not the Canucks should part with Hansen. If ever, now is the time to sell high on a middling winger while his value is high and before he asks for a "Burrows" contract.

I don't think Sbisa is a lock for next year if a decent deal comes along and Benning has other plans that need cap space. And, honestly, I don't think anyone would bat an eye if all we got for the pizza man was a 3rd or 4th rounder. He came in the Kesler trade, and considering how badly Kesler wanted out, and that he handcuffed Benning with one negotiating partner, McCann may still just make that a win for us on his own (in another 2 years).
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

TSN reporting Cracknell on waivers.

A rash of players placed on waivers today. Can't remember the details exactly but this has something to do with the number of call ups allowed after TDD and setting playoff eligibility for AHL teams. Or some such nonsense.
I think A player must be on an AHL roster at 3 p.m. ET tomorrow to be able to play in that league after.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Hockey Widow wrote:TSN reporting Cracknell on waivers.

A rash of players placed on waivers today. Can't remember the details exactly but this has something to do with the number of call ups allowed after TDD and setting playoff eligibility for AHL teams. Or some such nonsense.
I think A player must be on an AHL roster at 3 p.m. ET tomorrow to be able to play in that league after.
so strategic for the minors as opposed to making room?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….