Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2014-15-16

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2014-15

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Somethings off with Johansen. You don't go from one of the best young promising centre studs in the league to the shit show he is now. Very odd

I don't see Drouin situation getting dealt with until the Stamkos situation is dealt with

Trades in the NHL these days are a near impossibility. Don't hold your breath. The deadline should be interesting, though.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote: Trades in the NHL these days are a near impossibility. Don't hold your breath. The deadline should be interesting, though.
It will probably be like it was a couple of years ago. A full day of coverage and no transactions of any note making the talking heads look like ass hats (which most of them are).

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

I'd go after Drouin if we don't have to dump our first this year or next. He will come around.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Rumsfeld wrote:I'd go after Drouin if we don't have to dump our first this year or next. He will come around.
Yup even this random american writer says vancouver is a fit.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nh ... /78230570/
Vancouver Canucks: The Canucks are in a transition period — their best offensive players, Daniel and Henrik Sedin, are nearing the twilight of their careers, while the future foundation pieces such as Jared McCann, Bo Horvat and Jake Virtanen are all 20 or younger.

Rather than patching holes to pretend you're a contender now, GM Jim Benning should sell out for potential. Drouin could be their leading scorer for a decade once the Sedins retire. And for now, he could learn from two of the best pros.
Drouin would help out our secondary scoring pretty quick imo, all I can think of JB offering is one of Shinkaruk or Baertschi or Cassels + a meh prospect/player, TB probably wants more, but Drouin hasn't done much thus far for a highly drafted player, so who knows.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

SKYO wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:I'd go after Drouin if we don't have to dump our first this year or next. He will come around.
Vancouver Canucks: The Canucks are in a transition period — their best offensive players, Daniel and Henrik Sedin, are nearing the twilight of their careers, while the future foundation pieces such as Jared McCann, Bo Horvat and Jake Virtanen are all 20 or younger.

Rather than patching holes to pretend you're a contender now, GM Jim Benning should sell out for potential. Drouin could be their leading scorer for a decade once the Sedins retire. And for now, he could learn from two of the best pros.
Drouin would help out our secondary scoring pretty quick imo, all I can think of JB offering is one of Shinkaruk or Baertschi or Cassels + a meh prospect/player, TB probably wants more, but Drouin hasn't done much thus far for a highly drafted player, so who knows.
Lol skyo. Your trade proposals never fail to be absurdly optimistic.

Cyber fist bump bro.

Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote:

Drouin would cost us Shinkaruk or Baertschi + Cassels + Pick. He's a 3rd overall pick with crazy offensive instincts and potential. The only way this could happen is if Benning scored a 1st from a deadline deal that sent a vet to a contender and then flipped that 1st in a package to Tampa.

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

lol Drouin would cost a lot more than Shinkaruk/Cassels/Baertschi etc. etc.

You're looking at one of Horvat/McCann/Virtanen and another piece. I'd kick the tires, but the attitude and sense of entitlement thing kind of worries me. What has he done with Tampa to think he deserves top-6 minutes at this stage of his career? I'm wary of a 20 year old making trade demands.

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Island Nucklehead wrote:lol Drouin would cost a lot more than Shinkaruk/Cassels/Baertschi etc. etc.

You're looking at one of Horvat/McCann/Virtanen and another piece. I'd kick the tires, but the attitude and sense of entitlement thing kind of worries me. What has he done with Tampa to think he deserves top-6 minutes at this stage of his career? I'm wary of a 20 year old making trade demands.
That may be the asking price now....but when push comes to shove and you just need to rid your self of a problem.....
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Topper wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:lol Drouin would cost a lot more than Shinkaruk/Cassels/Baertschi etc. etc.

That may be the asking price now....but when push comes to shove and you just need to rid your self of a problem.....
Prust and a 4th.

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

word rummy

Drouin was drafted too high, his junior stats were heavily inflated with assists thanks to playing with Nathan MacKinnon iirc.

His value is a bit higher thanks to getting picked 3rd overall, picked over Seth Jones smh.

IF TB wants to get overpaid for that smallerish left winger then I'd prefer to keep our young guns, Shinkaruk is developing quite nicely with the Comets anyways, both same height/weight just Hunter is more a sniper compared to Drouin.

Shinkaruk has almost equaled his 2014/15 goals (16g - 74 games) this season with 13 goals in 27 games so far.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote:word rummy

Drouin was drafted too high, his junior stats were heavily inflated with assists thanks to playing with Nathan MacKinnon iirc.
Drouin returned to junior without MacKinnon for a full season after the draft. He put up more points in fewer games than he did with MacKinnon the year before. He put up more goals with MacKinnon, but he changed his game to setup his teammates without Nate. So no you do not recall correctly.
His value is a bit higher thanks to getting picked 3rd overall, picked over Seth Jones smh.

IF TB wants to get overpaid for that smallerish left winger then I'd prefer to keep our young guns, Shinkaruk is developing quite nicely with the Comets anyways, both same height/weight just Hunter is more a sniper compared to Drouin.

Shinkaruk has almost equaled his 2014/15 goals (16g - 74 games) this season with 13 goals in 27 games so far.
After reading around a bit many don't think Drouin is worth more than a 2nd round pick and a top-4 defenseman at this point. Maybe a 1st round pick alone or something. I was surprised by that.

Considering his size, I can't see a team in the west paying the top dollar for him.

I would do Hamhuis + 3rd/Jensen for Drouin at the deadline.

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Most people were shocked that Tampa picked Drouin over Jones leaving Nashville orgasmic on the draft floor. And he isn't sulking about not getting top six minutes. He just wants to play in the NHL. There have been rumoured problems with him and the coaching staff going back into his rookie year. He thought he should have made the team as a regular right after the draft. So there may be some issues with his sense of entitlement or maybe he just feels he hasn't been given a chance. Seguin went through much the same thing his first year trying to make the Bruins.

Whatever the issues his demanding a trade in November smacks a little of a player not wanting to do his time. Getting drafted 3rd overall will give you an ego. His biggest issue right now is his 200' game.

Tampa on the other hand may not want to deal with him until the Stamkos situation is resolved. And they have no urgency to move him, none. He is still on his ELC and has ample RFA years left. He isn't a distraction on Tampa so he isn't negatively effecting the team. How he is on the AHL team who knows.

I'd take a chance on him but not at too high a price. He hasn't done anything at the NHL level thus far to warrant getting too excited yet. If a package involving Hamhuis could be worked out you do it.
The only HW the Canucks need

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Meds wrote:Drouin returned to junior without MacKinnon for a full season after the draft. He put up more points in fewer games than he did with MacKinnon the year before. He put up more goals with MacKinnon, but he changed his game to setup his teammates without Nate. So no you do not recall correctly.
ohh coolio, coolio.
Meds wrote: After reading around a bit many don't think Drouin is worth more than a 2nd round pick and a top-4 defenseman at this point. Maybe a 1st round pick alone or something. I was surprised by that.

Considering his size, I can't see a team in the west paying the top dollar for him.

I would do Hamhuis + 3rd/Jensen for Drouin at the deadline.
Yeah that's something more inline that seems more fair,
  • a UFA player for their cup run,
  • a prospect,
  • & a mid-pick to help mitigate that expiring contract.
Drouin would be nice to have moving forward with Horvat, McCann in the middle, of course depending on the price!
-Joe Yerdon of NHL.com speculates what a deal involving Jonathan Drouin could include.
“Looking at the deals for Niederreiter and Turris, you’re basically looking at a roster player and a not-first-round pick.”
http://thehockeywriters.com/rumor-round ... ple-Leaves/

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Lol what's the point.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Stevie Why is not going to give up Drouin that cheap Skyo. :roll:

(and if he did he'd hold off on it until the summer of 2017)

Fantasize about Kerby Rychel instead!!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/kerb ... -deadline/

Just what the doctor ordered. :mex:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!